test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for Invocation through Gateway

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, I was wondering if Invocation could be added to the gateway so that people who don't have access to a PC during Travel, etc... and when encountering errors (Like I'm now) could avoid losing all their CC. Please consider this.
FrozenFire
Post edited by frozenfirevr on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Invocation is a way of rewarding people who are actually playing the game so I very much doubt they will allow this to happen.

I think I read though that the new 'Sword Coast Adventures' Gateway game may let you avoid losing your Celestrial coin if you can't log-in to your PC.
  • ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    I'm 90% positive somewhere in IRC logs, someone important said it wasn't going to happen.

Someone with the time can search it if they like, but I agree with them anyway. The whole point in logging in ;).
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Invocation through Gateway will come with SCA when it goes live. You'll complete an uber easy temple.

However, all this will do will reset your invocation timer (and I believe just for that character). You do not receive C.coins, A.coins, or RAD. At least, this was how they left it in preview during Module 2 testing. This will, at least, prevent the lost of C.Coins
    ljz6 wrote: »
    I'm 90% positive somewhere in IRC logs, someone important said it wasn't going to happen.

Someone with the time can search it if they like, but I agree with them anyway. The whole point in logging in ;).

Actually, the Squez (Andy Velasquez Lead Producer of Neverwinter) hinted at this being a possibility back in September, iirc,. I'll have to search my logs as I know I've quoted the Squez a handful of times for this exact statement.

Edit: Found it
    syka08 wrote: »
    Well, it would be interesting. You'd still have to log in to redeem your coins, obviously. And you'd generate and refine RAD without having to log-in (which you can do anyway through the leadership professions).

But I wonder how they'd do the stop-warning that you get when you're already at 7 celestial coins, or how they'd warn you (as they'll do in game) if you log out when your celestial coins are in threat of expiring. Or if they'd implement those warnings at all, should this idea get incorporated.

update:
    I'm reading through the IRC meeting logs and came across this
    Question from Nemesis_the_Warlock
    any chances of making it possible to invocate via the gateway?
    ---
    TheSquez: Hey Nemesis
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: Hey potna
    TheSquez: lawl what is a potna?
    TheSquez: oooh like Western "partner"
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: partner.....lol
    TheSquez: haha
    TheSquez: i like that
    Nemesis_the_Warlock:
    TheSquez: ok sorry question time
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: ok
    TheSquez: yeah...hmm naaaah...hmm maybe
    TheSquez: haha
    TheSquez: we've talked about this a ton
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: I have 5 toons and I need a faster way to do it please!!
    TheSquez: i dont think we'll ever go down the route of just "there is a button that you can press to invoke from the web"
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: awww
    TheSquez: but what we might do is have some way to do something to have your invocation count
    TheSquez: somethign with a minor gameplay element
    TheSquez: or something on gateway
    TheSquez: similar
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: nice
    TheSquez: but likely there wont be anything in the short term
    TheSquez: know that it is on our radar for sure tho
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: great I'll let my G+ people know
    TheSquez: i know i've been bummed when I needed to be away for a bit and i couldnt figure out a way to invoke for the day
    Nemesis_the_Warlock: me too
    contents to be decided
  • ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    That's actually what I was talking about, I guess I read it differently then you. What I read is, you can invoke (a type of invoke) that doesn't give you coins, but extends the time you need to actually log on and invoke. Or maybe you're right, after you complete an SCA or something, but he says it right there - probably not going to be a button to invoke.

Edit; read your response to that guy, yeah we have the same idea. My bad.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello, I was wondering if Invocation could be added to the gateway so that people who don't have access to a PC during Travel, etc... and when encountering errors (Like I'm now) could avoid losing all their CC. Please consider this.

There are enough bots exploiting the gateway AH system alreadt. On top of that, it would multiply the numbers of bots that would just be there for invoking...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I kind of agree with at least a way to freeze your timer where it is, so you do not lose your coin progress ..... I had to take an unexpected trip for work.... (no laptop and it was, work)... lost coins on 6 toons that were day 3 of 7 ..... kind of sucked.... I mean for people that play daily and then to have to unexpectedly have to be away for a day or so...I mean it is not life damning, but sucks none the less to lose your progress.

Yes I fully agree but perhaps they could allow Celestial coins to simply decrease by 1 if you missed the 29 hour period rather than as they do now all vanish completely.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ljz6 wrote: »
    That's actually what I was talking about, I guess I read it differently then you. What I read is, you can invoke (a type of invoke) that doesn't give you coins, but extends the time you need to actually log on and invoke. Or maybe you're right, after you complete an SCA or something, but he says it right there - probably not going to be a button to invoke.

Edit; read your response to that guy, yeah we have the same idea. My bad.

Lol. No worries man.

verdonix1 wrote: »
    I kind of agree with at least a way to freeze your timer where it is, so you do not lose your coin progress ..... I had to take an unexpected trip for work.... (no laptop and it was, work)... lost coins on 6 toons that were day 3 of 7 ..... kind of sucked.... I mean for people that play daily and then to have to unexpectedly have to be away for a day or so...I mean it is not life damning, but sucks none the less to lose your progress.

This solution isn't for everyone, but I do have some rather close friends that, should something like this happen, we'll exchange information to ensure that prayers are had. Again, not a solution for everyone, but I also agree that 1 coin loss a day, rather than all of them, would be a less painful feeling of loss.
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Yes I fully agree but perhaps they could allow Celestial coins to simply decrease by 1 if you missed the 29 hour period rather than as they do now all vanish completely.
    contents to be decided