test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

best Strategy For VT (Valindras tower) ?

railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
hi guys,

Can someone elaborate the best strategy (party build,skills for classes) for VT. thanks XD
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The armor enchantment soulforged is highly recommended. You will want to focus on destroying all the caskets or as many as possible during that phase by interacting with them. You want to focus on destroying as many caskets as you can during all phases.

Great stuff. So I checked some timers to work out game mechanics

Phase 1: Valindra Health 100-80% single target DPS boss

Interlude 1: Radial Lightning with 5 ghosts- survive for 30 seconds
    Phase 2: Valindra Health 80-20%

Valindra will give audio cues for 3 actions: claw 1 random party member twice ("You are going nowhere!"), then summon 5 caskets ("Rise my minions!"). She will continue to claw/summon independently on different timers. Clawed party member needs to be freed by DPSing phantom claw (some reported maelstrom of chaos can instakill claw). She will also randomly choke hold (~2s) and throw one person once in a while ("You are pitful").

Casket timers:

60 s between first and 2nd casket summon, then 45s between each subsequent casket summon

Claw timers:

45 s between first 3 claws, then 40s between each subesquent claw

When she is below 50% health no. of caskets increased to 8.
    All wights and claws will despawn as soon as Valindra goes <20% health.

Interlude 2: radial lightning with 8 ghosts, survive for 70 s.
    Phase 3: Valindra Health 20% to 0%

12-15 caskets spawn, opened after about 12s. If wights are kept alive no additional caskets are spawned.
    DPS Valindra before she kills you!

General tips:

Assign each member evenly around perimeter of room in a pentagram. When she's about to summon (after first 2 claws) scatter and get near your position. Move clockwise for multiple caskets. You have just enough time to interact with 2 if you're close to the first one. GF probably want to threatening rush/lunging strike to it.
    During interludes everyone should run in one direction (clockwise) and kite ghosts.
    Even a lesser soulforged is invaluable in the fight, as you can take a claw/lightning and live.
    Potion like mad, if you can afford it buy a greater stone of health and use it
    Manage your artifact timers wisely.
    Have very high DPS and survivability
    Focus on wights in phase 2 before boss
    Kite/control wights in phase 3 while DPSing Valindra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwFrLDNtro
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thank you =)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meangean88 wrote: »

Wow, thanks for the detailed write-up. I hope this was just a copy-paste otherwise this might be worth posting separately as a mini-guide.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so smth like 2gwf, dc cw and gf recommended ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I usually run with 2-3 Control Wizards, 1-2 Melee (GWF or TR) and a DC.
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • bladenite81bladenite81 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yay...more dungeons that only CW's do well in. Seems like rest of the classes need buffs to me.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yay...more dungeons that only CW's do well in. Seems like rest of the classes need buffs to me.

Wrong. Fight requires high survivability and damage. Practically built for GWFs and TRs. Glass cannon or even average survival CW's will do very badly, if not cause the fight to be impossible for the group in this dungeon if they die prior to the dps race at the end.

This is particularly the case due to:
    Interlude 2: radial lightning with 8 ghosts, survive for 70 s.

This is a very strong tip:
    Assign each member evenly around perimeter of room in a pentagram. When she's about to summon (after first 2 claws) scatter and get near your position. Move clockwise for multiple caskets.

Thanks, meangean88.

NOTE. This fight will make good use of defensive artifacts, depending on build and class, though it is better to get the defensiveness from build, letting you use an offensive primary artifact due to the dps requirement.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    HRs performing very good in VT as well.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    She will also randomly choke hold (~2s) and throw one person once in a while ("You are beautiful").

"Pitiful" :P
    edited December 2013

Very wrong as fondlez said.

Today was my 6th kill of this lame boss and I have to equip PvP def/deflect/HP rings and Shield/Mastery for safety. 4 of these fights I died before the end. Overall I can barely DPS efficiently and have to blink all the time and just feel quite useless and I'm sure my role ends when trash dies, I'm just extremely inefficient at the last boss compared to other fights.

Don't bring more than 1 CW for VT. There's no point.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    My GWF just paid 50K for a key. I queued in several times to an empty dungeon. I finally, I queued into a half empty dungeon, during DD event. Enough experienced players came in to finish it. We killed 2 bosses, and got 2 blue loots worth 34 silver. No shards, no marks, no nothing. For some reason, they got chest loots, but I got offered the Arcane Reservoir (in 3 days) and another repeatable quest (in 12 hours).

I don't see myself buying keys for my CW or TR anywhere in the near future. This is the top dungeon in the game and we got 2 blue loots? Even the Cloak Tower has better rewards.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm

Is this only me or does anyone else have an image of a woman that drunk too much vodka in the mind when Valindra screams "Rise my minions"?
  • coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Hmmm

Is this only me or does anyone else have an image of a woman that drunk too much vodka in the mind when Valindra screams "Rise my minions"?

lol , so do i :)
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Before going in there just farm MC till u get the artifact from there. During 3rd phase, if your party gear is not BiS you wont make it without that.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have had alot of success running 3 GWF 1 CW and 1 DC in VT.. GWF sprint and using "battlefury" to restore stamina makes it quite easy for a GWF to reach 2 gaskets/spawn... Last phase just found it easier to
    Ignore the caskets.. And dps valindra ASAP... It's tough but with good dps should get there in time
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    "Pitiful" :P

yeap...+1 on that :D
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Assing people clockwise, 12, 3, 6, and 9.
    DC has a free role, because it can happen that a hand entangles you so you cant click it, so its good to have backup.

Other then that its just dps. Its also good to have people save their dailys for the hands, because as i said, they can come in a bad time.

If you get an add or two right before 20% there is no point killing them, since they dissapear when 3rd phase starts. So you have to valuate if you can survive long enough to ignore them or kill them.

On 3rd phase, its best to click as much caskets ad you can, 3-4 caskets each player is not impossble during this phase since they are much closer to eachother. And just nuke the boss down after that, she should be dead before new caskets spawn.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Phase 3: Valindra Health 20% to 0%

12-15 caskets spawn, opened after about 12s. If wights are kept alive no additional caskets are spawned.
    DPS Valindra before she kills you!

This is bad advice. I have seen the videos and its a mess doing it this way.

The best way for phase 3 is to

First (get ready to kill the hand that appears)
    Second, everyone move to their designated section of the room. and click caskets, you should have no problem getting all (maybe miss 1-2). Go on boss again,
    Third: Before caskets appear move to positions and do the same. After that you should have killed her without having to run around like crazy, and zerkers in your face. Boss should be dead before a 3rd casket spawned

Did this with 2x CW, GWF, GF, DC.and we assigned the DC to a section of the room too (between the CWs)

Any 4 dps classes can do this, you just need to be able to keep your HP up to survive the force choke after 50%. GF is prob the least useful because they move slower and lower dps. But! If you do have a GF they can use knight's valor which keeps the squisher ones alive.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If you;re not a CW u would better start making the grp.. ask for 3-4 cw;s if u cant get any dc or a hr.. enjoy the loot. Seriously i wish i could slap someone... such an epic fail... If u wait one more week we kinda need a new module with new content ... cause VT will be kinda done for! Then again took u like what? 6-8 months to fix CN?
    edited December 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    If u wait one more week we kinda need a new module with new content ... cause VT will be kinda done for!

Nah man, there are just many lucky players around these days :)

What can you do? Luck is luck.