What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7 day invoking box

2»

Comments

• serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    5 toons and not one single ward or mark since MOD2 went live!
    Peridots? got 3 them, and they are reasonable handy for upgrading, the rest, Silvery Enchantment rank 4 and the like! Not even a Blue Enchantment!
    Seriously? Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation? Be honest, it's a joke from the devs at Cryptic, either change the icon for it to the meme Troll Face, or call it what it is the "Coffer all but useless AH/Vendor Trash"

So it's not just me.... :P
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pre-mod unbound coffers could still be sold on auction before M2 rollout I think .... only guess I got.

And pre-mod unbound coffers are still pre-mod unbound coffers that don't drop refining stones.

zero is one of the folks who really does have an invocation army.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    yep not a fan of cryptic making just about everything in game BoP. Some of us use to use pvp gear + the 7 day boxes to make some spare AD...But I guess Cryptic wants to limit as much as possible that option...

Add more AD sinks
    Remove options of obtaining AD
    Spend money in cash shop to profit

No thanks :3 wallets been closed and will remain closed.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And pre-mod unbound coffers are still pre-mod unbound coffers that don't drop refining stones.

Not that I support the change, but that may be why things were changed in the first place - perhaps the devs saw the coffer rewards as something that should be used/directly benefit the character that got them, not a source of income.

Now, mind you, I personally preferred being able to do whatever I wished w/ the contents of the coffer, but I can see why they made the change...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've never gotten a Coal ward. Only preservation. I must have bad luck.
    Doesn't sound like it's going to improve with the new module.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    obsiddia wrote: »
    I must have bad luck.

BELIEVE ME, you are not the only one! Apparently we are all guilty of walking under ladders, whilst breaking a mirror after throwing it a black cat that ran in front of us!

I normally refrain from castigating the devs, because well, TBH, they have to make a living, and generally I like what they've done and I've bought every "Pack" so far and do spend RW money on the game regularly, but the new loot roll on these coffers is, just ... wrong!
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    How did you do this? Some way to get the boxes besides praying?

Preview server has been down for a day or so so I'd be interested to know too.
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Preview server has been down for a day or so so I'd be interested to know too.

There were replies above about being able to buy them off AH before the bound on pickup change.
    edited December 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    There were replies above about being able to buy them off AH before the bound on pickup change.

That's completely irrelevant, because the old coffers are the old ones and the new ones are the new ones. You cannot learn anything about the new coffers by opening the old ones (anymore... there was a bug on preview where they actually were replaced briefly, which is how we got the 1100+ coffers opened comparison test data).

The only way for a person to have that many of the new coffers is to have invoked their own way there with multiple characters, or to import multiple copies to preview and open them all there (I did a mini-test with 10+ new coffers that way myself... it's just tedious).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    azudii wrote: »
    Hi

Anybody else think that the recent changes to the 7 day invoking box suck? half the chance of getting a ward and make them bound items... or pay 1,000 zen in the shop for a coalescent ward .... a complete rip off.. the changes to the fusing enchantments are clearly designed to burn up your ADs and bleed you for more cash... not impressed.

Sorry to say, but buying a Coalescent Ward for 1,000 is dumb...

Why dont you change your 1000 zen in the exchange for 470,000 AD, then go buy 4 of them in the AH???

^^
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I might add, unless you are upgrading Armor or Weapon enchants, you'd better off buying 10 Preservation Wards for 50k and try your luck... That'll save a lot of AD...

My 2 cents.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The chance for coalescent wards seems to have gone from around 15% to around 5% or so.

To a degree that is balanced by fewer wards being needed for some things, but still....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013

on the preview server you can make as many copies of the same character as you want, then just send over the coffers to one character and open them all (yes there are people who do this to test drop rates, myself included)
    edited December 2013
    on the preview server you can make as many copies of the same character as you want, then just send over the coffers to one character and open them all (yes there are people who do this to test drop rates, myself included)

Yeah, I realized that later, and made a follow-up post mentioning it. I did it myself right after the changed coffer went live, but only about 20 times (10 chars and then another 10 copies of the same one).

I wasn't really thinking along those lines because the repeated copying is so tedious, but it's entirely doable if you can stand it. :P

Neverwinter Census 2017

• yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well, got my first coal ward on one toon this am - this is from invoking every day on 7 toons since pre-patch... so we know it is possible, but since launch, i have had 7 preserve wards drop and 1 coal... 7 toons.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've noticed a significant drop rate as well for coal ward. Out of 8 characters, doing 7/7 with no failed invocation, it took 5 weeks to get my first coal ward since Module 2 release. I got a second one just recently. so 8(chars)*7(weeks) 2 coal wards out of 56 coffers. Previous to Module 2 I was able to obtain at least 1 coal ward per week (most of the time). From friends I asked in game about their experiences, each of them seem to have similar experiences, some of them have yet to get a coal ward since Module 2 release.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited January 2014
    I think this box, since it already takes 7 days to get it, should 100% give coal ward (and that's NOT a high rate)!

Since the new patch I haven't received a single coal ward from the Invocation box. Honestly I am now stuck for upgrading any weapon enchants to higher level. I do not have time to play an hour every day, I am glad that currently I can do the daily DR to get a chance on the last artifact. Besides I am glad I can do a few pvp/epics in the weekend to get some extra AD/Glory.

I don't mind spending a few $$ on getting a nice item, but to spend (at current rate) 2.000 Zen to get 5 coal wards is crazy (what I need to make greater enchant for weap).

I have learned to be patience in online games, since those who spend the big $$ always end up disappointed somehow, but the current rate of some things are just starting to look like a real MMO GREED GAME!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
This discussion has been closed.