test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I there a way to keybind a /say on encounter?

xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Headset play is not an option for me currently so im wondering how or if I can make keybinds for encounter callouts.
In other games I was able to keybind a yell or say on top of an "encounter ability" and it was very effective at communicating with party members.
Being able to "callout" the CW daily singularity would let the GWFs know to get ready to AoE the mob pile or the DC to hold his light blast AoE another seconod until the mobs are gathered.
It is also nice for knockdown or stun encounters. When the whight starts to do his life suck of doom and everyone burns their knockdown or stun at the same time, everyone is on cooldown when he goes to do it again. Having a callout helps let the party read eachothers moves better.

Any way, Does anyone know if this is possible?

Ara Atheanes GWF
Traxus Atheanes GF
Bastiel Atheanes DC
Ellara Atheanes CW
Keira Atheanes TR
Sarasin Atheanes SW
Jerkface McGee HR
-MANTARA- OP

Post edited by xxmantaraxx on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Check the console commands to see if there is one that activates a specific encounter slot. You can then create a bind that includes both the chat command and the encounter activation, (separate each command with $$ ).

A word of warning, though - if you plan on playing with PUGs or other random groups, this will get annoying real quick...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know you can bind commands to a key

like:
    /bind 9 /follow
    or
    /bind 8 /emote sit

so possible you can do something like

/bind 8 /say "I am testing stuff"

(I though I saw something like this on an guild forum somewhere)
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    duur wrote: »
    I know you can bind commands to a key

like:
    /bind 9 /follow
    or
    /bind 8 /emote sit

so possible you can do something like

/bind 8 /say "I am testing stuff"

(I though I saw something like this on an guild forum somewhere)

Yes, try this:

/bind 9 "say Hello"

Alternatively, if you want to 'say' more than one word, you may need to use 2 sets of quotes:

/bind 9 "say "Hello world!""

Here's another neat trick - using $target in your bind makes you say the name of whomever you're targeting.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cool, I will look up the console commands and get familiar with them. Maybe after maintenance tomorrow I will jump into a foundry and see what I can get it to do. I don't want to sit around in PE like some loon gibbering to myself :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So a little playing around today and I can get the daily to bind to whatever key using /bind X +PowerTrayExec 5 (5 is daily 1 and 6 is daily 2)

I can get /bind X "say flargen" to work

But I can't figure out how to combine them into one command. $$ after bind say causes the daily to activate as soon as you hit enter but the key bind only plays the say when hit and not the daily.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here ya go:
    /bind <key> "p I'm attacking $$ +powertrayexec 4"

at wills are 0 and 1 Q=2 E=3 R=4

*Thanks to Dardove for the assist :)
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.