test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards and ARP

s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Library
So I would like to ask when the ARP on wizards is getting fixed. As many of us have known, wizards ARP does not work on more then half of our spells. With the massive buffs given to the GWF, ARP is a wizards only true counter to this. Currently our majority of PvP spells do not take our ARP into account at all leaving us next to defenseless vs well geared GWF. Im looking for a dev to come forward and let us know what the current situation is. Is this something that is being worked on? Is this considered a low priority? As it is PvP cannot be done properly on my mage due to the fact that i have nothing other then ARP slotted and get only 1 spell (chill strike) that will have any use out of it. The others i run (icy rays, Ent. force, Ray of enfeeble) get 0 benefit from any amount of ARP.

Now I know people will read and and say things such as "wizards are already OP" or "wizards already to enough damage" , but to me those are meaningless. I feel that if I slot ARP on my wizard I should get the same benefits as every other class would if they slotted ARP?

Post if you agree or disagree and why.
Post edited by s3ven0fmine on

Comments

• grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, but what's ARP?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    grom5674 wrote: »
    Sorry, but what's ARP?

Armor penetration.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I disagree that you should benefit from arp, but I disagree that armor should mitigate spells too.
  • naersrinaersri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OT: I cant pick up a weapon. How do you do this? thanks
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Many powers such as Icy Terrain, Shard of the Eternal Avalanche, and Daunting Light now properly benefit from the Armor Penetration stat.

From: Dec 5th's patch notes. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1055571

though looking elsewhere now that may not be the case? Bugger.
    contents to be decided
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ya know, when I first read the title I thought it said "Wizards and AARP"
    And wondered what the Retired Folks were doing with my Wizards.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »

Retirement is the best time to learn the Arcane arts, of course. Lol
    contents to be decided
    edited December 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I misread it and thought it said LARP and thought it would be drama filled and shut down quickly.
  • s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well since those patch notes say they fixed it we can turn this into an AARP and wizards or LARP and wizards thread!! On a SRS note tho I'm going to have to test my pvp spells on a dummy to verify its fixed.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    I disagree that you should benefit from arp, but I disagree that armor should mitigate spells too.

Umm, why shouldn't CWs benefit from ArP? We hurl *missiles* at you. As well as giant hunks of ice (and now fire!) in various forms.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I would like to ask when the ARP on wizards is getting fixed. As many of us have known, wizards ARP does not work on more then half of our spells. With the massive buffs given to the GWF, ARP is a wizards only true counter to this. Currently our majority of PvP spells do not take our ARP into account at all leaving us next to defenseless vs well geared GWF. Im looking for a dev to come forward and let us know what the current situation is. Is this something that is being worked on? Is this considered a low priority? As it is PvP cannot be done properly on my mage due to the fact that i have nothing other then ARP slotted and get only 1 spell (chill strike) that will have any use out of it. The others i run (icy rays, Ent. force, Ray of enfeeble) get 0 benefit from any amount of ARP.

Now I know people will read and and say things such as "wizards are already OP" or "wizards already to enough damage" , but to me those are meaningless. I feel that if I slot ARP on my wizard I should get the same benefits as every other class would if they slotted ARP?

Post if you agree or disagree and why.

Well, your first problem is that you PVP as a CW.
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Umm, why shouldn't CWs benefit from ArP? We hurl *missiles* at you. As well as giant hunks of ice (and now fire!) in various forms.

Because it should be spell resistance and saves vs dc's.

But lets talk about the cold beam at will.

Figure that beam has to be about the temp of liquid nitrogen, that guy in full plate? That metal suit is going to retain the cold better than his flesh actually would meaning that he would take more damage. Same thing with fire. Magic missles as kinetic energy maybe would have some mitigation from armor.

So yeah I don't think wizards should benefit from arp, but I don't think armor should do anything to mitigate the damage either.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Because it should be spell resistance and saves vs dc's.

But lets talk about the cold beam at will.

Figure that beam has to be about the temp of liquid nitrogen, that guy in full plate? That metal suit is going to retain the cold better than his flesh actually would meaning that he would take more damage. Same thing with fire. Magic missles as kinetic energy maybe would have some mitigation from armor.

So yeah I don't think wizards should benefit from arp, but I don't think armor should do anything to mitigate the damage either.

You do know however this game is just some arcady MMO with a D&D theme, not a TRUE D&D game?

So we deal with what we have, which atm is ArP.
  • kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well, your first problem is that you PVP as a CW.

Not all CWs suck. Me, Lantis, Desidus, Allt.... Just to name a few.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    Not all CWs suck. Me, Lantis, Desidus, Allt.... Just to name a few.

That's quite a modest statement.
  • kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    That's quite a modest statement.

Oh thank God.. I was worried I wouldn't get your approval. Phew that was close :)
  • bellot6bellot6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I need help

Necesito que mi Wizard Sea Un Buen DPS, MG... ayuden me, Por Favor