test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with a Dread Ring mission: Contingency

prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Me and my friend have been trying to re-run a certain Dread Ring mission several times already, but when we try to return to the mission giver (Makos), he doesn't seem to acknowledge that we finished it.

The mission is one of the very first three missions you get in the camp: Contingency.
You are supposed to collect three wands and throw them into a portal or w/e, and me and my friend have done that, yet when we return the game doesn't seem to register it.

We haven't found any info on this on the internet and no one replied when we asked about it in the Zone so I'm really confused whether this is an actual glitch that only happened to us somehow (that can't be right?!), or if we are doing something wrong, which wouldn't make sense, because the mission is marked as finished.

Ever since the new Module came out we still haven't been able to continue from the first three missions, because Makos ignores us, which hurts me deeply because that man was my hero.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had something similar happen when I tried the Contingency quest while grouped with another person. After ungrouping I dropped that quest and started it over, and then it worked fine. Maybe it's just broken if you're in a party...?
  • meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It works you just have to loot or interact with 3 different chests to get the rods even if you have a person or people with you. I believe it is messed up currently and if you have 3 people in a group and just grab 1 rod i think it will say you have grabbed all 3 possibly. Even though you still need to get the others,
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That could definitely be it. I think I had only looted 2 of them, and it said I was done with collecting the pieces.
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you all very much for the replies, I'll try that today with my friend (:
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The two other times I did this quest I was in a party and had to leave it to drop and re-do alone. Today I let my party mate get all 3 chest and throw it in the orb, the quest worked just fine.

Either they fixed it or the same person need to have all 3 pieces, since it counts to all, but glitches during the "throw it".
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That "portal or whatever" is a Sphere of Annihilation, which is a whole in the fricking multiverse, disrupting its continuity. I was quite awed when I found out there was going to be one in dread spire, so please excuse my fanboydom correction. ^^;

That aside, thank you all as well for the information. I've just been soloing Dread Ring for the most part, but if I do ever encounter this glitch at least I'll be armed with ways to fix it.
    contents to be decided
  • theosymphonytheosymphony Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the contingenecy quest if you are in a party an incorrect amount of wards will be logged, eg party member A activates chest, party B will now see 2/3 wards (and ward chest disappears). Then after you collect another chest, quest tagged as complete after destroying in sphere if annihilation but you are unable to progress. You can drop the quest and accept again from Makos.

For a workaround, do not be in a party for this quest because it cannot keep track of the number of wards you have currently. Do it solo, then party up again after rod destroyed.

Reproduction: Party with 2 or more, all accept contingency Quest. Loot quest chest, wards displayed as 2/3, loot another, quest asks you to destroy rod. After you destroy the rod you are unable to continue.