What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Choosing a race for your Ranger!

13»

Comments

• xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually it is possible that the crit severity boost from Half-Orc makes it a least as good as Wood elves. That having been said i went with a Wood Elf as it seems to fit the lore better.....

Half orc has to pick strength or? if so wood elf is way better
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    There was a note in the patch notes about the racial for not being punted around being fixed. So that may mean the dwarves aren't so bad off now.

As for myself? I'm doing a high elf. Screw the legolas/drizz`t players. I got my own path to forge. :)
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm thinking halfing because your going to be using tenes for max dps eficiency. U get sooooo much crit and arp for free.. and power is such a bad stat.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Tenes is the option of the rich. :)

I'm going to be going for high recovery to do rapid in out striking. fast hits in melee, out before they know exactly what's going on to pepper with arrows, set up the split to sky so that as they try to come in at me, I go stealth and storm back in. Currently, there is only one other class that has a sudden movement that makes it difficult for people to keep up with...

... and they have stealth too. :)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Half orc has to pick strength or? if so wood elf is way better

Half-Orcs can get both +2STR and +2 DEX simultaneously.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Half-Orcs can get both +2STR and +2 DEX simultaneously.

half orc cant roll the 18dex 18 wisdom 12 str roll like wood elves and drow can but that roll is a one trick pony roll and is not as flexible as 18 15 15
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    There was a note in the patch notes about the racial for not being punted around being fixed. So that may mean the dwarves aren't so bad off now.

As for myself? I'm doing a high elf. Screw the legolas/drizz`t players. I got my own path to forge. :)
    Oh that's great news for me! Screw best stats and all the Drizzt/Legolas/Hawkeye clones - it's dwarven time! MIGHTY DWARVEN HUNTER RANGERS GO!
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • taurioncelebritheltaurioncelebrithel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Wood Elf Ranger is the real Slim Shady ... all you other Slim Shady's are just imitating ...
  • vandragorvandragor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys, im asking here because I'm not sure why I can't post a new topic.

As far as rolling stats goes, is it better to have 20 DEX / 15 WIS / 13 STR than 18/18/12 etc. and could someone explain why?
  • kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is because of all your stats tend to be 10 or below 10 if you choose the 20/15/13 route.

By all means a 20 dex is no push over, but for the character to have optimal secondary stats, you need to still focus on your non-primary ability scores.

Voltomey has a great example where he switches all of his dex through levelling and gave it to intelligence. Furthermore he had gone with a 18/15/15 roll. This allowed him to hit 20 intelligence I believe and gave him faster cooldowns on his powers, making his character overall much more complete and competent for his role as a melee ranger.

I hope this helps you =)
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I went with Human, "Mr SlingShot Boom".

I love the 3 extra points too much.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • alphah20alphah20 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i went Half Elf. best of both worlds and i don't look frail and weak :P
  • azorylazoryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    Half Orc

+2 Dex and +2 Str

5% crit severity

Speed buff when entering combat

All very good traits...yet the number one trait is:

Best Race for Ranger that is not ELF
  • kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just out of curiosity, how well does Darkfire from the drow proc?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    azoryl wrote: »
    Half Orc

+2 Dex and +2 Str

5% crit severity

Speed buff when entering combat

All very good traits...yet the number one trait is:

Best Race for Ranger that is not ELF

I love horc for my ranger. I'm not even 60 yet and just using a lot of blues that I picked up. I'm getting 17k aimed shot crits already from working on maxing crit and crit severity.