test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestions for skill nodes...

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Since most pugs are now leaving combat before it ends and rush to get skill nodes in hope of getting artifacts... I propose that anything BLUE/PURPLE that drops from these skill nodes be treated as a Need/Greed/Pass item.

Since module 2, the dungeons have become "race to the skill nodes"... ridiculous...

Please devs, consider this change.

thx
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree! Something needs to be implemented. This or individual instances like chests.
  • forgr8justiceforgr8justice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree it's a big problem. Your suggestion is a very good one.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i think this is a marvelous idea. +1
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. It's insane otherwise. Running from a fight to get loot for themselves? blah. Not good.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 here!
    I would prefer the "1 of each node for each character of the dungeon" rather than even more votes.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to agree as well! I have always wished nodes were roll loot because of this problem. I mean green and under is just enchants, base crafting and gold trash. These should go to the player that activated the node and used the kit but blue and up should always be party roll. This would make nodes worth the party going after and not skipping whole sections of dungeons.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Adding my +1. Or they can disable skillnode looting with skill kits in dungeons so you could loot only skillnodes via your own ability. But there 2 classes that use dunengineering, so I don't know if this suggestion is any good.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    +1
    in d & d group uses its capabilities and features to overcome the difficulties.
    Currently you are alone in front of enemies because your teammates are waiting for the end of combat to loot nodes.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Make them the same as chests... everyone should be able to loot that node once. As a tank i am the last one to nodes everytime :(
    edited December 2013
    I have to agree as well! I have always wished nodes were roll loot because of this problem.
    which is a little bit unfair, because I spent my last nature kit on this nature node, and now you gain the benefit?
    I'd prefer 1 node for each person, like the Sharandar quest items where a node (flowers etc) is available for everyone.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    or they could take them out of epic skill nodes all together and just put them in epic dungeon chests. or include them in DD chests.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    or they could take them out of epic skill nodes all together and just put them in epic dungeon chests. or include them in DD chests.

or they could put them in all lvl 60 zones not just 5man dungeons.
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »

You mean not like forcing people to PUG or join a guild like a casual player?
    Na, too convenient!

Might have something to do with bots and scripts, tbh.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am glad everyone seems to agree. Let's hope it is on the devs' todo list because it's annoying to see people squat these skill nodes without sharing in the fight..
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    My vote is the individual nodes for all.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »

Army of bots farming marks. No. Sharandar and Dread Ring solo instances - yes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Just add the blue marks as rewards for campaign dungeons (maybe in their skill nodes, too) as well as epic dungeons, you can only run them as many times as you have keys so I don't see bots being able to farm this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Army of bots farming marks. No. Sharandar and Dread Ring solo instances - yes.

ops, that is what i meant
  • momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    ermm.. as someone who hasn't really done any dungeons in months (did 1 the other day) what's a skill node?
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ermm.. as someone who hasn't really done any dungeons in months (did 1 the other day) what's a skill node?

Skill nodes are the boxes/packs you find that require a skill or skill kit to open.

Most popular in instanced solo quest dungeons but also in general areas and group dungeons.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    You mean they have T1 / T2 loot now?
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    Skill nodes are the boxes/packs you find that require a skill or skill kit to open.

Most popular in instanced solo quest dungeons but also in general areas and group dungeons.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    They have refining stuff.

I prefer treating them like chests. I already go blind every time someone picks up, during combat, some PoS green item everyone passes on. I can't fight with all that in my way.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They need to add the rolling feature on any mark. It is so annoying playing with pugs to see half them run off or a dc leave in teh middle of the fight to get a node. Please for sanity sake add rolling feature on these