test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unstopble doesnt work against rangers

borredoutofmyminborredoutofmymin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
any 1 else noticed it? it seams unstopble doesnt work against ranger controll...
Post edited by borredoutofmymin on

Comments

• dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yep noticed it too it seems their root goes throu CC immunites
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    against rangers, dragons, many knockbacks, the spinning sharandar mobs, totemists etc.
    Paladin Master Race
  • borredoutofmyminborredoutofmymin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    feels like cheating lol..
    hope its not intended
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    This had been happening on the preview server as well so I wouldn't be surprised if people are noticing it happening now. Hopefully it is something that gets fixed.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    well, that would make "roar" going through cc immunity something fair then.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited December 2013
    not so bad, one class can CC you from unstoppable, ive been knocked prone after the first strike off of my Bloodbath by GWFs I do hope they fix it though I also hope they fix Bloodbath its been that way forever...
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup. Grasping roots goes straight through unstoppable. Not sure if it goes through ITC yet. I can't remember if it goes through block..sure felt like it, but I suppose I could be wrong.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dose not work against some prone atacks in pve and some from gf and u also cant use while u are cced by tr or cw sometimes to spining strike also dose not give cc imunty at all
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unstoppable should change it name or description to half-stoppable if it is intended for root to go through. lol... ;)
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The prone still remain to be GWF's worst enemy. That hunter CC is fine...

I guess that is how they decide to balance the game, buff gwf so he is needed more in PVE, too strong in PVP? That is fine we put in a new class to mess u up a bit.
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited December 2013
    well, that would make "roar" going through cc immunity something fair then.

only when combined with tene tho.otherwise no one cares u are stunned and hit with wet noodle lol
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    Unstoppable should change it name or description to half-stoppable if it is intended for root to go through. lol... ;)

Yep, I have constant frustration with both "Stoppable" and "Possible To Catch" in busy dungeons :(
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is intended. Roots go through cc imunity of all kinds. If rangers did not have this they would be useless. They melt faster then cws even with high hp. When u do catch a ranger out when ur not rooted its gg for them
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    So far as GWF I have not had any trouble with Ranger CCs/evasion anyway despite the fact it goes through unstoppable. It will really only be good for 2v1 scenarios where they can combo those roots in with someone elses CCs
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    So far as GWF I have not had any trouble with Ranger CCs/evasion anyway despite the fact it goes through unstoppable. It will really only be good for 2v1 scenarios where they can combo those roots in with someone elses CCs

Yes. But I bind root a gwf and I get to spam aim shot for free. Making bad/mediocre gwfs die
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah Grasping roots needs adjustment I admit. Grasping Roots even goes through dodge.
    So it goes through Unstoppable, Dodge, Impossible to catch.

But I'd like it to remain possible to use it through Invulnerable (the buff bosses get that makes them immune to control )
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Yup. Grasping roots goes straight through unstoppable. Not sure if it goes through ITC yet. I can't remember if it goes through block..sure felt like it, but I suppose I could be wrong.

It does not go through ItC, and ItC can break free of grasping roots. Block stops it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited December 2013
    Yes. But I bind root a gwf and I get to spam aim shot for free. Making bad/mediocre gwfs die

Well sure, any bad/mediocre of any class is easy to kill. Either way, from what was on the test server, the roots couldn't bind you down long/well enough for a HR to get near the optimal range for best damage on aimed shot. I haven't got to really 1v1 a good HR yet though. Any that I've tried to fight so far turn into mush if I look at them.

I wonder how elven battle enchantment would work against roots it if it becomes a game breaking issue.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    This is intended. Roots go through cc imunity of all kinds. If rangers did not have this they would be useless. They melt faster then cws even with high hp. When u do catch a ranger out when ur not rooted its gg for them

Yep just what he said. I was in a match against you on your GWF tonight and it was the only thing that kept me alive. When you did catch me off guard I got smashed instantly :-P My HR's name is Shingetsu btw.

Bottom line, this is the real purpose of HRs in pvp and their biggest means of survivability.
  • linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Being honest, I dont know if it was intentional or not for the root to work on unstopable, but I'm kinda glad they do. Rangers would not serve for anything without it in pvp, even the cw have more chance to survive a gwf in their neck, besides, their control dont stop u from kicking the *** of someone that is fighting u, witch is really bad compared to CW controls. Beliving they have a chance to stand toe to toe with a gwf, gf or even a TR in melle is a joke. I hope they dont change this, otherwise it will be an useless class. And u can kill good rangers, if u use avalanche of steal it makes easy to get them when its on.
    edited December 2013
    Looks like they are going to make roots come off with unstoppable/immunity. Not sure what the point of the ranger class will be anymore since they don't get great damage unless they are sniping and not targeted, but that's that.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?547501-Ranger-s-CC-is-not-breaking-by-GWFs-unstoppable&p=6735701&viewfull=1
  • linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, they will become a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> class, then people will realise it and start to complain, and finaly, they will buff it like the gwf and they will become a god like we are now haha