test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashes after clicking Play on Launcher

tried100namestried100names Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
As stated in title. The game crashes straight to error reporter after clicking play, before the loading/splash screens.:mad:
Post edited by tried100names on

Comments

• belial136belial136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My launcher is also crashing when it starts patching (and i have the pre-patch already downloaded two days ago). Both issues are being experienced by a number of people, yet neither of them has been mentioned by mods or devs! :mad:
    edited December 2013
    This still has not been fixed and it's still being ignored!
    edited December 2013
    What about the people who can't even play after the patch? The crashing launchers and start screens? You still ignoring them?
  • sarahfinasarahfina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having same problem...game crashes to desktop after clicking play. I have tried reinstalling game, running as admin, changing compatibility, changing UAC. None of it helps. Very frustrating. And PS..I fricken hate ARC, it is crappy software that I am forced to download if I want to play NW. And all it does is bog down my system.
  • trestyleztrestylez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this happens to a lot of people and no mension of it at all thats bull, i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and nothing they reallly need to fix it.
    edited December 2013
    I've been playing since beta and this is the first time I face any real issues with the game. I've sent them a ticket, sent crash data through the Cryptic Error Handler, commented on their facebook page when I saw they were responding to compliments, posted on the Module 2 Known Issues thread, and haven't gotten any replies still. Many people are crashing at the start screen, and some others are crashing while the launcher begins patching ever since module 2, and this is still not a "known issue". Thanks for ignoring us!
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just because you have not gotten an answer does not mean they are ignoring any issues. They generally don't answer individual topics. I am pretty certain that this issue is on their list of issues to look at. Not everything can be a quick fix. This is the same in every MMO.
    edited December 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Just because you have not gotten an answer does not mean they are ignoring any issues. They generally don't answer individual topics. I am pretty certain that this issue is on their list of issues to look at. Not everything can be a quick fix. This is the same in every MMO.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?540701-Module-2-Known-Issues
    It's not on this list. The point of that list is to let people know they're working on the issues presented. No mention of the crashes that a lot of people are facing after the new patch.

Quick fix or not, if they're really working on it they're supposed to announce that, just like they announced that they were working on the free respec issue and the other issues that people mentioned on that thread. (All except the crashes)
    Some people are not being able to play the game at all, this issue is more worthy of a mention than just missing free respecs or a few in-game bugs.
    edited December 2013
    You don't seem to realize. It is 5:30am on the west coast. No one is up at Cryptic/PWE
  • arisdreamlingarisdreamling Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you dont seem to realize this has been a problem since the patch yesterday..
    edited December 2013
    You don't seem to realize. It is 5:30am on the west coast. No one is up at Cryptic/PWE

I've seen the issue mentioned *immediately* since Module 2 went live. Personally I mentioned it on their facebook page even before it went live (It started doing that when i was trying to patch right before maintenance was completed). This is over 18 hours ago. :)

But you don't seem to realize that
    edited December 2013
    Some fixes are NOT that easy to fix and if you don't supply them with any computer info how are they going to know where to start looking.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This happened since the release on preview shard. There is something wrong in the new module. I didn't play on the preview shard because the same problem. Maybe a graphics problem. I play in 3 comps, one old laptop with ati xpress x1270, pc with AMD apu e350 and other with nvidia card gt 630. The crash happened only in the amd computers, the other with nvidia card run perfectly. All pcs have a clean instalation of Windows 7.
    edited December 2013
    Some fixes are NOT that easy to fix and if you don't supply them with any computer info how are they going to know where to start looking.

You wouldn't be saying this if you read my previous posts on this thread. Just give it up
    edited December 2013
    The crash happened only in the amd computers, the other with nvidia card run perfectly. All pcs have a clean instalation of Windows 7.

My pc has nvidia though and it crashes :(

EDIT: oh but mine is crashing while the launcher is patching so that has to be another issue
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    belial136 wrote: »
    My pc has nvidia though and it crashes :(

EDIT: oh but mine is crashing while the launcher is patching so that has to be another issue

have you submitted a support ticket? reporting this on the forums will not get you a response. usually, the developers will only respond to a bug report if they need more information.

if you have submitted a ticket, please be patient. power posting this issue around the forums isn't doing anything productive. and it's against the forum rules of conduct.
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    have you submitted a support ticket? reporting this on the forums will not get you a response. usually, the developers will only respond to a bug report if they need more information.

if you have submitted a ticket, please be patient. power posting this issue around the forums isn't doing anything productive. and it's against the forum rules of conduct.

I submitted a ticket as soon as it started happening, still no response. I also sent 260 MB crash data through the Cryptic Error Handler that pops up when the crash happens.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thank you. please be patient. they have had their hands full over the last 24-48 hours. i totally understand your frustration. just bear with them. :)
    edited December 2013
    thank you for replying Melody...part of my frustration stems from wondering if anyone knows this crash on login is happening to players since the issue is not listed with the other "known issues". I have also submitted ticket with a plethera of crash data attached. Hopefully, it will help them speed up the fix.
  • goddessdepravegoddessdeprave Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have an AMD Athlon X2 processor, but on-board graphics card. Maybe it's AMD based? My bf can run the game no problem, he has NVidia.
    edited December 2013
    Mine is also AMD, so I think you may be right about it being an issue with AMD processors
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My friend has the same issue, and he has got an AMD, so maybe we have find the problem
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • whatevervpwhatevervp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i too am having this issue but i dont have a AMD... snow day and bored :(
    edited December 2013
    just jumped on teamspeak and asked guildies if any were running game with AMD processor...yep they are. So, maybe not AMD issue. I did look at my NW debug.txt file and this is what it says:

[1206/133735:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2083)] Corrupt Index file
    [1206/133735:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0
    [1206/133735:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\cef_cache to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\old_cef_cache_000
    [1206/133735:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(221)] Unable to create cache
    [1206/133747:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 0," source: http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/static/all/js/api.js(96)

Perhaps others with same launch crash have same errors in their NW debug, and maybe that is contributing to the problem. IDK, I'm just a frustrated "non"-player trying to figure out wtf is stopping me from gaming.
  • ynavekynavek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    AMD here as well, and crashes once I hit play. My other computer which has Nvidia works fine.
    edited December 2013
    Is anybody else here having a problem with the launcher crashing when it begins patching? Or is it just when you click play?
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone updated to the latest drivers for their graphics cards. I run an AMD system but don't get the crashes. My current driver version is 8.97.100.7-121116a-160540C-ATI with Catalyst Version 13.1. For those with AMD systems check drivers.

In another MMO onetime All of us who had updated our drivers to the latest version were all crashing. Rolling back the drivers to a point we knew worked fixed our crashing issue.

Sometimes a new driver is not quite compatible with a game.
  • tasslehofltasslehofl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same issue, but only on one character. It's a GWF currently located in Shar. I can load and play all the other chars but that one. When I go to select him, as soon as it starts to load Shar, the game crashes.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey all,

Can you please provide us with more info about your system specs, including CPU, GPU, and OS? We'll need a bit more info to investigate.

Edit: Also! Can you let us know if you're launching the game through the standalone launcher, or through Arc? You might also try launching the game through Safe Mode (click on "Options" in the launcher, then check "Safe Mode"), because some graphical settings may have been reverted to default.

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here! won't let me load shandahar at all, crashes immediately and launcher malfunctions after that. But being patient and keeping fingers crossed!