test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Choosing a race for your Ranger!

Comments

• rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since one of my CWs is a Wood Elf, I'll roll a drow.
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't always make new characters, but when I do, they are all halflings
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some type of elf, most likely. Hubby is making a Drow and i don't want us to be carbon copies of each other. If anything, i would like there to be some tension with the two characters. (RPers) We've only discussed it a little, so i'm not quite sure which race i'll go with.
  • sunyamsunyam Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not 100% sure yet. I've been thinking about it a bit, last night I was thinking Wood Elf, but today I'm thinking Sun or Moon Elf... could change by the time server opens.
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please tell me Rangers are getting their own forum...
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please tell me Rangers are getting their own forum...

They are in a bit. Mod had a thread about that
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    Elf. Always elves.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there`s only one class good for ranger and it`s chuck norris texas ranger class.
    although bruce will still kick his *** :)
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    If I don't see at least one halfling ranger named Belkar along with the inevitable Legolas and Drizzit clones I will be rather disappointed.
    :D
  • nakagoxxnakagoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After reading the thread by Voltomey located at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?540851-Hunter-Ranger-Guide it seems like due to how easy it looks to be to get Armor Pen at cap, I would think that unless I am misunderstanding, Drow's Darkfire would become useless unless it somehow can stack with a Armor Pen at Cap's effect on the target's Def.

Anyone know if this would be the case. If Darkfire becomes useless due to capping Armor Pen on the HR, it would seem to make the Half Orc or Wood Elf be the stronger picks ( and of course humans for feats ).

Love to hear about what other people think!
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    nakagoxx wrote: »
    After reading the thread by Voltomey located at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?540851-Hunter-Ranger-Guide it seems like due to how easy it looks to be to get Armor Pen at cap, I would think that unless I am misunderstanding, Drow's Darkfire would become useless unless it somehow can stack with a Armor Pen at Cap's effect on the target's Def.

Anyone know if this would be the case. If Darkfire becomes useless due to capping Armor Pen on the HR, it would seem to make the Half Orc or Wood Elf be the stronger picks ( and of course humans for feats ).

Love to hear about what other people think!

In PvP Stack as much as you want for PvE 18 Str and about 1700 will do you just fine and its easy to get thats much. I never played drow but i think their abilities is like the PF enchantment i could be wrong if not it can go past the 24% Most PvE mobs have.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    PF enchantment? Would that stack with Drow's Darkfire? I am concerned that Drow's ability would become useless. I am curious what did you choose as a race if you don't mind me asking ( and yea I read your awesome guide, but I am curious about your personal choice and why ).
    edited December 2013
    Wood elf was my race with 15str 15wis 18dex i run a melee build and i need as much crit chance as possible so its racial helps even if its only 1%. Pluagefire and again not sure if it stacks with the drow ability.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Yea I definitely want to go Archer for my HR, I'd play my TR more if I wanted to stay melee ;) HR sounds cool because I do have the option of both Ranged and Melee.

Really tough choice to be honest ;) Also need to think about what bow enchant to use and make sure what it can stack with. Didn't find anything about Darkfire and Plaguefire stacking.

I am also thinking alot about PVP, so pretty tough choice from that regard as well.
    edited December 2013
    Yea I definitely want to go Archer for my HR, I'd play my TR more if I wanted to stay melee ;) HR sounds cool because I do have the option of both Ranged and Melee.

Really tough choice to be honest ;) Also need to think about what bow enchant to use and make sure what it can stack with. Didn't find anything about Darkfire and Plaguefire stacking.

I am also thinking alot about PVP, so pretty tough choice from that regard as well.

2 of are tree scream crit so Vorplal But PF enchant works also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    debuffs work after ArP. So yes, the drow fire will push them negative. You hit the 24% with ArP, then get whatever debuffs you can do, to make them go further. more damage ftw!
    edited December 2013
    Oh very good to know. Was a tough debate between Drow and Half Orc, Half Orc due to the flat 5% increase in crit dmg. Trying to determine if one or the other is going to be more PVP useful. If it is group PVP I would think Drow due to the Darkfire debuff is not JUST for my character alone, and instead helps others damage as well due to dropped def on pvp target.
    edited December 2013
    Oh very good to know. Was a tough debate between Drow and Half Orc, Half Orc due to the flat 5% increase in crit dmg. Trying to determine if one or the other is going to be more PVP useful. If it is group PVP I would think Drow due to the Darkfire debuff is not JUST for my character alone, and instead helps others damage as well due to dropped def on pvp target.

I would pick half Orc Over Drow cuas that flat 5% is more reliable than the chance of dark fire procing IMHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Yea I decided to go with Drow, like the look, my TR is a Half Orc, and to be honest, I am hoping Darkfire will be a little bit useful in PVP
  • chaoslelchaoslel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think Wood elf beats Drow ,just because the 1% is flat and more reliable (even tho it's not that much) than Drow's Darkfire..
    edited December 2013
    Remember guys ther are other races just as good as drow wood elf and half orc at what they can bring to the tbale with this class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asdfmandingaasdfmandinga Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well im thinking on make a drow or a half-orc HR but i cant decide which of them choose :(
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Made my dwarf, bought the boar companion, ima shed tears by the bucketload when it comes to upgrading that squeeler :p
  • chaoslelchaoslel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Half-orc > Drow :)
    edited December 2013
    Drow Female prettier to look at then Half Orc Female ;)
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

Sure, it looks horrible aesthetically!

Halfings are so cute!

Anyway if u rly want to min/max u have 3 choices:

Wood elf= max dps
    Dwarf = more dps than halfling but less deflect+gamble knockback racial
    Halfing= most tanky class and the cutest!!!

That's for pvp, in pve i wouldnt take dwarf at all!
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    They should put a cap in the number of Elf Rangers that are able to be created. I went for Dwarf because it's the best race for all classes.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited December 2013
    They should put a cap in the number of Elf Rangers that are able to be created. I went for Dwarf because it's the best race for all classes.
    It also the race who racial are all broken In PvE and only work some of the time In PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The join the bandwaggon of 967,897 new rangers named after a fail-elf name. Decisions, decisions.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Halfings are so cute!

Anyway if u rly want to min/max u have 3 choices:

Wood elf= max dps

Actually it is possible that the crit severity boost from Half-Orc makes it a least as good as Wood elves. That having been said i went with a Wood Elf as it seems to fit the lore better.....