test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

City in Flames

xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Here is... beta, I guess release of my third foundry City in Flames - NW-DBO63ECED. Third part of my Campaign - A Tale from Baldur's Gate.

Baldur's Gate is under attack by seemingly endless army of Followers. Lead your party through burning streets and collapsed buildings. Can you save your home city? Or will you see it destroyed?

If you don't know what's Storyteller is talking about you might want to play Echo of the Ancient as choices from that quest will have some impact on this one. Or just chose what you feel sounds better ;)

I'm posting to get some feedback. Please treat this quest as a beta - everything should work but... not necessary ;)

Length: around 30 min.
Combat: quite a lot, but not too much ;) Some might be challenging but in most cases you should have helpers. And what do you think about final boss?

Thanks for reading. Hope you'll have fun.
Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
Post edited by xetmk24 on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I made it to the objective "Go to the basement." and I see the area I am supposed to reach, it looks like I can just walk in. I tried, however, and it is blocked by an invisible wall. I tried some other paths, invisible walls there too. I have seen several unnecessary invisible walls throughout the quest but I have been able to find ways around them until now. Is this intentional and I am just missing something?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I made it to the objective "Go to the basement." and I see the area I am supposed to reach, it looks like I can just walk in. I tried, however, and it is blocked by an invisible wall. I tried some other paths, invisible walls there too. I have seen several unnecessary invisible walls throughout the quest but I have been able to find ways around them until now. Is this intentional and I am just missing something?

Just was playing same problem, ran into invisible wall blocking me in the basement thought maybe my toon was to tall. But was a shame was really into the quest. Hope it gets fixed so I can finish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First: Thanks for playing. I'm sorry you were unable to finish.
    Orangefiree - did you used the stairs in the room to your right from where you fight the Father?
    Boomba66 - you managed to get down to the basement but got stuck on some debris there? Or did you got stuck on the stairs?

Orangfiree - what unnecessary walls?
    Thanks.

Edit:
    I added description to the quest: go to the room to your right and find stairs leading to basement. Think it will work?
    And moved some debris just in case. I could finish that stage.
    And please ignore floating anvil... it was added to give me item so i could finish dialogue. and published before I could removed it ;) (I'll fix this later)
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
    edited December 2013
    xetmk24 wrote: »
    Orangefiree - did you used the stairs in the room to your right from where you fight the Father?
    Boomba66 - you managed to get down to the basement but got stuck on some debris there? Or did you got stuck on the stairs?

Thanks.

Edit:
    I added description to the quest: go to the room to your right and find stairs leading to basement. Think it will work?
    And please ignore floating anvil... it was added to give me item so i could finish dialogue. and published before I could removed it ;) (I'll fix this later)

I was in the basement looking at what appeared to be 3 npc's but could not go in the far left door while in the basement. I tried to get past it with abilities, walking backward and kill me none worked. There was a lot of debris to the left of the door not sure if that was the blockage or an invisible wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    I think that was a wall. I removed it and moved debris. Think it should work now.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xetmk24 wrote: »

Thanks.

Edit:

I saw the same three NPCs as Boomba66 did, I got past the stairs fine. The other invisible walls I was referring to was in the courtyard map mainly. I tried walking to the objectives but I couldn't the only way I got to the portals I needed to close was by going to the start and walking along the visable wall until I got to a portal. Several other places had the same problem. The basement issue was where I could not find a way forward though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited December 2013
    Walls in the courtyard are there to prevent you from attacking mobs that spawn in the gate. Otherwise those guards would just be standing there doing nothing ;) Though you shouldn't have much problems with the walls in the part where you have to close portals. I'll look into it.
    edited December 2013
    I just run it with my ranger tiefling. It works. Didn't get stuck in a basement and any other spot so I would say it's safe.
    And some screens, cause I learned how to make them ;) Not the best but still: It looks better when you play.
    screenshot_2013-12-06-23-18-05_zps8aa06366.jpg?t=1386369302
    screenshot_2013-12-06-22-47-21_zps5ea292ae.jpg?t=1386369312
    screenshot_2013-12-06-22-51-54_zpsb50e90a2.jpg?t=1386369344
    edited December 2013
    City in Fames Review:(Beta)
    Overall I really have loved your series and it deserves so many more plays. I enjoyed the story on this one plus all the work you did on making decisions count. However, this one has some changes that need to be made or it may bug out players that cant finish.

Beta Notes
    1. Temple of Torm Defense. I was stuck behind invisible walls. Good thing the npcs you gave to help could defeat the encounter.
    2. Skull in temple of Bhaal in the undercity. I knocked the enemy in there and they got stuck. Might want to add a invis wall there to make sure it doesn't happen.
    3. Your wave fight with the family....it has a ton of stages. But you have a strong force of npc's with you which kinda make it easy. Maybe have some of the npc's get held by a hold person spell to up the combat the players need to do in this encounter series.

Story:
    I get a little confused on the family side of the story, but the rest of it is great. I love the way the series is going and hopefully it will continue.

Maps:
    Your temple of torm was AWESOME! Really the best indoor environment on any map I have played in terms of a open world map. Your city transitions where very cool and your fortress was awesome. Undercity had a very cool feel with all the purple shards everywhere. Great maps

NPC's
    Man I missed my little dwarven cleric of helm. I had chosen the path with Vampire.So he was off rescuing people.

Flow
    Nice flow. It moves along well, couple of lose ends with the brother of Sidri and Veth at the end saying we need to side together. But that just makes you hope for more.

NPC's
    Still love your npc's and the amount you have. Makes it feel like a epic game. They help add to the immersion a ton.

Really fun, but had to play it three times to complete. Glad you cleaned up the basement wall, just might want t move the walls at temple of torm a little further away from the intractable.

Nice Work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Glad you liked it.
    1. How did you got stuck? The wall is an intractable and disappears after the dialogue. Other wall that spawns after is on the stairs to the temple so... that's weird ;)
    2. Are you talking about The Family fight? If so how did you managed to knock them into the skull? There is a wall there so that shouldn't be possible. If you talking about that floor skull and Vhera... You managed to knock her down there? Again how? :)
    3. I know. Originally it was meant to happen some place else and be a solo fight but then I changed few things and... well it's there now. Honestly I just wanted to play with it. I might change a few things though.

Thanks again for playing.

And I guess, I need to put a warning about dialogues in my description as pointed out in one of the reviews ;)