test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hunter ranger booster pack

caitlien616caitlien616 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
do any of us have any idea how much the booster pack for the hunter ranger is going to be on
the zen market on launch day
Post edited by caitlien616 on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We will found out tomorrow.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just an educated guess..

between 3000 and 4000 zen..

a $30-$40 dollar valuation..
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think we won't know until you can actually buy it.
    Make you wonder if they wanted to see our discussions on possible pricing.
    I think they want to price it at 4000 Zen which would be ridiculous for what you get.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    domjot wrote: »
    I think they want to price it at 4000 Zen which would be ridiculous for what you get.

If they do this then it will be the very first booster/bonus pack from Cryptic I do NOT buy (purchased every other one, including the Romulus pack at STO). So, if the Devs or priceline-overlords are reviewing our discussions, I sure hope they see this: Z-3000 and not 1 Zen higher. Most other discussions I've seen seem to be the sweet-spot is $30 (3000 Zen).

I know that's my own top-limit. Costing less would be great, but not a penny more than 30 for me.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Blue account wide companion.... I'd go 4,000 if it was purple and had a better buff instead of ranged only.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    if priced at 3000k comp need to be purple, diamond cost in upgrading is just to much
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am hoping for 2500.
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Blue companion: normally 2000-2500 zen (for one character, this is account-wide).
    Greater bag of holding: 1000 zen
    Helper Pack: 1500 zen (2000 zen worth of items inside).
    Plus other minor goodies.

So it should be around 4000-4500 in the zen store, zen are easier to come than real $ anyway. I'm guessing the real money price though won't be a direct equivalent from the zen price, somewhere along 30-40 $.
  • duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    isnt there a mount with this as well? im expecting the usual 59.95 american price tag which is what 6000 zen? so yeah have fun with this one folks.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is no mount. It's a lot less stuff than has been included in prior packs, so people are expecting a lower price point.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited December 2013
    I was expecting Appartus to be in this pack
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    I was expecting Appartus to be in this pack

Why? It is already known that it will be coming out the Rusted Iron Lockbox.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What is an Appartus exaclty please?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    radiick507 wrote: »
    What is an Appartus exaclty please?

apparatus of kwalish.
    An apparatus of Kwalish appears to be a large, sealed iron barrel, but it has a secret catch that opens a hatch in one end. Inside, a character finds ten levers. The levers perform various functions, including extending or retracting the legs, tail, pincers and feelers, covering and uncovering the portholes, moving the apparatus, snapping its pincers, opening and closing its magically-lit "eyes", rising and sinking in water, and opening or closing the hatch. Two human-sized characters can fit inside, the device can function in water up to 900 feet deep, and it holds enough air for a crew of two to survive a few hours. When activated, the apparatus looks something like a giant lobster.

i think this version, the character will ride on it, not in it. there's a data mined image of it somewhere.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks much appreciated.

Is this part of the Ranger Pack that comes out today or a separate purchase on the Zen store?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    no, the apparatus is winnable from the rusted iron lockbox. this is the new lockbox following in the tradition of the nightmare lockbox, the feywild lockbox and the dark forest lockbox.
    edited December 2013
    Got You, So happy now I bought a bunch of keys on sale (think 15% sale ended today) just in case a new lockbox came out.
  • khalith01khalith01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    The ranger pack is 3500 zen. They answered my question about it on twitter. Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    khalith01 wrote: »
    The ranger pack is 3500 zen. They answered my question about it on twitter. Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame

Hope they added something to it for that price. On a positive note, glad to see it can be purchased with zen.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    do any of us have any idea how much the booster pack for the hunter ranger is going to be on
    the zen market on launch day

3500 per their tweet
    edited December 2013
    Will require some serious reevaluation at that price... $35 for a BLUE, but Account-Bound companion and Greater Bag of Holding. Hrmmmm...

NOTE that because it comes with the Greycloak's Insignia enchantments for both the bow and daggers, Hero of the North pack buyers may NOT be able to pluck a bow from their pack (that enchantment comes with all starter weapons in the HotN pack). I'm just guessing here. So I'm thinking HotN pack buyers should;t count on it, and be prepared to go this route if that enchantment is important to them.

I could be wrong of course. LOL
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Confirmed on live. Disappointed. Will probably hold off...
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not worth it for that price. Will be the first pack that I am bypassing.
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will require some serious reevaluation at that price... $35 for a BLUE, but Account-Bound companion and Greater Bag of Holding. Hrmmmm...

NOTE that because it comes with the Greycloak's Insignia enchantments for both the bow and daggers, Hero of the North pack buyers may NOT be able to pluck a bow from their pack (that enchantment comes with all starter weapons in the HotN pack). I'm just guessing here. So I'm thinking HotN pack buyers should;t count on it, and be prepared to go this route if that enchantment is important to them.

I could be wrong of course. LOL

Two Things:

1) I don't believe the bag is per account, only per character. If it were, I would say the package is definitely worth it.

2) Greycloak's Legacy can be redeemed as a bow.
    edited December 2013
    Two Things:

1) I don't believe the bag is per account, only per character. If it were, I would say the package is definitely worth it.

2) Greycloak's Legacy can be redeemed as a bow.

Thanks for update on HotN pack (I'm still stuck at the office right now) - I did ask Som at Twitter about the weapons and they ARE Account-wide, but HR only - so if you rolled 3 HRs you can claim those every time.

The Bag of Holding and actual "Booster" box (Adventurer's Helper pack) are claimable on one character only - just like the Guardian and Hero packages before. Otherwise everything in it is account-wide and only the bow and daggers are restricted to HR characters.

This causes me to lean toward going for it (my question was regarding the bow/daggar binding). If I add this pack it will give me four account-wide companions, plus the freebie in-game companion, filling out all my slots at level 60. (I'll just maintain a Purple companion anyway - either a Lillend or Sylph - so blue quality of the Hawk is moot for me.)

Then I will be forever done with all Companions from Cryptic except dropbox or other "freebies". Unless they turn them loose to account-bind in the Z-Store, that is (then I'd actually buy more).
    edited December 2013
    As a warning, people are having problems right now acquiring the companion on other characters.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited December 2013
    I thought this will be my first ever pack purchase since I can use Zen to buy it (converted from AD) and not real $. Got all excited but now looking at the price, 3500 Zen is definitely not worth it. I will save my Zen for an account wide mount. Disappointing that it is so expensive. Hopefully not many people will buy it and PWE will notice the low sales rate and decide to make it cheaper...hopefully...

On a side note, 3500 Zen for a green undead horse is out right ridiculous. I guess only mount collectors, RP and people with spare Zen would buy it.a.k.a. the minority...

Oh well, makes the decision to save money for me so much easier... onward to Module 2!
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It wasn't me! :)
    Thanks for update on HotN pack (I'm still stuck at the office right now) - I did ask Som at Twitter about the weapons and they ARE Account-wide, but HR only - so if you rolled 3 HRs you can claim those every time.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited December 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    It wasn't me! :)

Snickers - I always picture you when I see @NeverwinterGame at Twitter. LOL

Them's the rules, even tho' that's a company account, it's always Som's fault for anything tweeted there. ~cough~
  • ocelot2ocelot2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a Xmas and/or New Years Day sale.