test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bugged or Hacked?

dreamscaperxdreamscaperx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well I log after 2 days into the game, after i have checked the gateway and see that i have 0 ad and nothing on ah for sale (i though well gateway is buged or something), i find myself with 0 ad/almost everything on my inventory and professions missing/my pseudodragon missing as well as my zen. So i made a ticket about it, either a bug or i got hacked, thing is though, i never share my password with anyone. I put so many hours in this game and supported it a lot, while people i knew did not. actually i really wanted to support the game, but after this i don't know if i am going to spend any more money on this..or even play if i get no response at all.

so for cryptic's own good i hope this is a bug and not a hack.

Guess i will wait and see, but as far as the forum goes i haven't seen anything similar so far.

P.S: if it is a hack, the hacker was kind enough not to break my equiped items though :p
Post edited by dreamscaperx on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you use your password for any other games or websites?
    Did you access the gateway oer public wifi anywhere?
    Are you using unsecured wi-fi to connect to the game from home?

...lot of ways to get "hacked."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yeah i use a bit similar passwords but never the same i have around 30 of them with quite some changes to each.
    never acess gateway somewhere else from home.
    and my wi-fi is quite secure actully

but there are a lot more ways to hack into an account i believe. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well I log after 2 days into the game, after i have checked the gateway and see that i have 0 ad and nothing on ah for sale (i though well gateway is buged or something), i find myself with 0 ad/almost everything on my inventory and professions missing/my pseudodragon missing as well as my zen. So i made a ticket about it, either a bug or i got hacked, thing is though, i never share my password with anyone. I put so many hours in this game and supported it a lot, while people i knew did not. actually i really wanted to support the game, but after this i don't know if i am going to spend any more money on this..or even play if i get no response at all.

so for cryptic's own good i hope this is a bug and not a hack.

Guess i will wait and see, but as far as the forum goes i haven't seen anything similar so far.

P.S: if it is a hack, the hacker was kind enough not to break my equiped items though
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sorry to hear you're having issues. the best thing that you can do for this is what you've already done and that's submitting a ticket. there isn't anything more that can be done on the forum side.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    your pseudodragon... was it your active compabion? If it was BINDED to you they couldnt steal it from you, in theory, so... bug. Otherwise hacker.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Please contact Support. We cannot offer Forum Support for Account & Billing Issues, including but not limited to loss of in-game items due to bugs or account compromises. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.