test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership Chests and Refinement Stones

swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
I read a thread i think Dardove posted a while back about some testing on chests which were patch noted to have a refinement drop added. From memory (i searched and couldnt find it) there was some from barrels but none from the blue large chest and none from purple very large chests. Pretty sure there was a response from a CM or Dev.

Today i copied many characters and opened many many chests/barrels.
Opened 100 Very Large Chests (Epic) = 0 refinement items
Opened 880 Large Chests (Rare) = 28 White 100 rp gems
Opened 330 Large Barrels (Uncommon) = 25 Minor Mark of Potency (Common rarity)

Seems like there should be a little more from the top end of the scale (Epic/Rare).
Post edited by swarfega27 on

Comments

• ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Fairly disappointing. The only positive change- the decrease in the unslotting price I fully expect to be reverted 2. The message is loud and clear- go hardcore on your game time or buy more zen if you haven't gotten your high end enchants already. As a casual or a normal player you will be unable to progress anywhere above r6/7 lesser/normal in the nearest 5 months and as a beginner good luck competing with the whales.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I provided feedback that at the very least you should be able to get uncommon quality marks and refining stones out of these boxes, because the common ones (marks especially) aren't even useful at the character level you're likely to be obtaining these boxes, and do not correspond to the level of enchantments that you can obtain from the same boxes.

As it stands, the drops essentially look like a token, so the company can say they've included refining items in the boxes without actually providing any additional utility whatsoever.

The green marks in the WB even say they can drop from leadership chests in their item description. Very disappointing in practice.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    240 large Chest = 11 White Pearls (100 RP)
    WP = trash...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What refining stones drop from what leadership chests needs to be rethought.
    edited November 2013
    I'm really hoping that the WB item description turns out to be indicative that they actually do mean for them to drop from leadership boxes, and it's just not implemented yet.

Peridots and lesser marks sound entirely reasonable to me, and something should be added to the Very Large Chest.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's certainly underwhelming, but I think the system gotta go live for a month or so to get a feeling. You're getting refining stones from multiple places and only extensive testing will show whether or not the sum of all parts will be enough to refine what you want to.

But my initial impression also was that the RPs from invoking and leadership chests have to be upped. I suggested to tenfold the gain from invoking. 1.5k max is too less.
    edited November 2013
    Minor marks of potency can also drop from the Small Chest of Goods. I think it was one at a time, but I was going mad with the clickiness and only noticed them after I closed the window. I got 2 in 59 boxes (none in a prior batch of 35). I actually think these are an appropriate item to get in the Small Chest, which can only drop rank 1 runes/enchantments.

Drop rate on Barrels and Large Chests was similar to previous reports. With the rarity with which you get refining items at all, I think it would be appropriate to upgrade their quality by a single rank, from common to uncommon.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Today on preview found refining stones in skill drops. Greens.
    edited November 2013
    Today on preview found refining stones in skill drops. Greens.

I found all of two while levelling a ranger to 25, opening every node found, and taking advantage of the professions event multiple times. I also farmed what I could during the profession event with a higher level character and got none, though you're limited in nodes you can loot before getting flagged to get junk drops (which is another reason why I felt the drop rates really need to be reevaluated).

Did you do better? This was a couple of patches ago, and notes about drop rates are rarely made public.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I managed to find 1 White Pearl in another lot of Epic quality Very Large Chests of Goods. So thats 1 in ~200 so far. At least its in the loot table.... right? :(
  • nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    drop rates from leadership are really bad but they cant increase them too much or ppl with 50 alts will get too many and swarm the market
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    drop rates from leadership are really bad but they cant increase them too much or ppl with 50 alts will get too many and swarm the market

exactly what i was gonna say
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking like a 4% chance for a Very Large Chest to drop a Mark of Potency and 4% for a Large Chest to drop a Lesser Mark.

Reasoning is for Very Large:
    On average 1:25 chance would cost ~3k leadership materials (avg for most of the very large chest missions - 15 refugess or 4 blue mats) to buy from AH per attempt (this would rise due to demand at a guess) which returns 1600 rough ad + chest for between 12-18hours

(25 x 3k) - (25 x 1.6k rad) = cost of ~27k AD to get a 25k AD Mark of Potency capped by the Wonderous Bazaar.

For the en masse bot farmers it would be cheaper to sell all the leadership mats already available on the AH than make these. No different than now.
    For the people who wish to be self sufficient it would provide a very long term avenue to provide themselves with a way to gain these without AD.

Reasoning for Large chests:
    I am greedy.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    RPs from invoking? Please could you explain it to me?
    edited December 2013
    RPs from invoking? Please could you explain it to me?

Added to the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation is a chance to drop a refining stone worth either 500 or 1500 refining points. If you get one of these, you don't get a ward that week.

Plus you can use the enchantments from it for RP as well.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it would be good to see the leadership chests get a bit of a boost, especially the Epic (Very Large Chests)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    I was thinking like a 4% chance for a Very Large Chest to drop a Mark of Potency and 4% for a Large Chest to drop a Lesser Mark.

Reasoning is for Very Large:
    On average 1:25 chance would cost ~3k leadership materials (avg for most of the very large chest missions - 15 refugess or 4 blue mats) to buy from AH per attempt (this would rise due to demand at a guess) which returns 1600 rough ad + chest for between 12-18hours

(25 x 3k) - (25 x 1.6k rad) = cost of ~27k AD to get a 25k AD Mark of Potency capped by the Wonderous Bazaar.

For the en masse bot farmers it would be cheaper to sell all the leadership mats already available on the AH than make these. No different than now.
    For the people who wish to be self sufficient it would provide a very long term avenue to provide themselves with a way to gain these without AD.

Reasoning for Large chests:
    I am greedy.

With opened 240 large Chest and no single Mark(okay copied version so i don't know if they changed them).
    11 White Pearl(useless **** because 1 Pearl only!) and 2 mark of Gratitude...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They could make these items BtA which would help alleviate this.