test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming PVP additions in Shadowmantle

vullonvullon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have heard nothing about new additions to PVP in the new module? Can it be that they are ignoring PVP play that much? I am surprised considering the amount of people that do play PVP. It's the only queue that has the shortest waiting time.
Post edited by vullon on

Comments

• hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    this is a pve game.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    this is a pve game.

They don't care of PvP so that's why it's total utter in this game.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vullon wrote: »
    I have heard nothing about new additions to PVP in the new module? Can it be that they are ignoring PVP play that much? I am surprised considering the amount of people that do play PVP. It's the only queue that has the shortest waiting time.

So far there have been no announcements regarding changes to PvP nor are there any indications that there will be any in module two. It has a short waiting time since it is not as diverse as any or all of the other queue.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    this is a pve game.

Funny to ear that, all the classes powers nerfs since beta are duo PvP and u saying that dont care about PvP ?? Maybe u are right, they dont care about PvP so why they nerf powers because of it ??

I just dont get what cryptic wanna do with this game.... Too bad :(
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i wouldn't say that pvp isn't an important part of neverwinter. the game is still in its infancy. the two modules thus far have been strictly pve content. the gauntlegrym addition does have a pvp element to it, so you can't say there has been absolutely no pvp additions since the game went live. but with new content coming out every 3-4 months, it'd be safe to say that we will see more pvp content in the future especially since andy velasquez said they were discussing it just a few months ago.

while this may not be fast enough for some players, there isn't much more that can be done. even if they made an announcement tomorrow that in march, new pvp content is coming, that still might not hold some players... or they may opt to come back when there is more content that suits them. it's not that the devs don't care. it's that they can't just turn this stuff out overnight. every 3-4 months in addition to weekly patches is tough enough.

needless to say people will believe what they want. consumers want what they want when they want it. it's even worse when companies are forced to cut corners to meet consumer demand.
  • oceansofbloodoceansofblood Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am a buyer who came from a strictly PvP based game over to this one. The only reason I even tried this game was because it looked like it had good graphics and it came up on a search I did specifically for Player Vs Player games. So I would hazard a guess that someone is adverting this game for it's PvP content. To be honest I do not stay for the PvP content as it is horrid and beyond unbalanced. I stay for the Graphics and the current content of the game. Even when the mailbox robs me of items on a regular basis >.> But that's neither here nor there. I would love to see this game combine both aspects of PvE and PvP with its excellent graphics quality. Is there somewhere I can submit suggestions for this without having to post it to a public forum?
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    They don't care of PvP so that's why it's total utter in this game.

i also dont care about it. this is a pve game and has too many problems to fix. no free time to waste on pvp.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i also dont care about it. this is a pve game and has too many problems to fix. no free time to waste on pvp.

you know actually what you're saying,i don't think so.

this game is perfectly created for pvp,
    Everybody talking about the great "Action Combat system"
    and you can only real observe it on PvP.

it would be useless to use it only for PvE,
    Action Combat vs NPC = lol "oh what a fun" <.< ,
    Only programmed opponent to fight is boring,
    Combat system/good grafik makes no difference!

I'm sure over 50% of all players are here for PvP (include me)
    for me is NW not made for PvE, because the requirements for a full Pve game to be absent./does not exist.

which is one of the main reasons who make a game PvE?
    -Open World! if u are a pve player you will always looking for.( that's for sure)

if Cryptic/NW is really not interesting in PvP Pls tell us,a official statement!
    So all pvp player can look for a new game and don't waste time here.

*i'm a pvp player & i came here from "Tera Online" ,it's a perfect Pve game ,
    the graphics are also wonderful but tera is sadly not made for pvp ( The combats are bored ) and i was bored of only playing PvE.
    i was max lvl and i went.

(sorry for my bad english, but I must to say it.)
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this is a pve game.

If this is a PvE game, why have I nothing else to do then PvP? Why dosent my guild have nothing else to do other then PvP?

And my guess is, 2 weeks after Module2, we will have nothing to do besides PvP.

and i hope cryptic reads this, BECAUSE PvP is infinite. PvE content can be clear, and gear can be aquired in a short time (And no, please dont decrease the drop rate or add more adds, it will not solve this)
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    berzergera wrote: »
    If this is a PvE game, why have I nothing else to do then PvP? Why dosent my guild have nothing else to do other then PvP?

and i hope cryptic reads this, BECAUSE PvP is infinite. PvE content can be clear, and gear can be aquired in a short time (And no, please dont decrease the drop rate or add more adds, it will not solve this)

Um it is a pve game, despite some people doing pve.

to make it pvp they would need to include 1 or 2 more maps, ranking, matchmaking.

And what happens then when they do that? you will get the more optimal compositions emerge, balancing issues. And a huge undertaking considering this and try not make it effect pve.

You really think they have the manpower to do all of this? when there is so much other things that need addressing?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well if they have "the manpower" to release a new class and they make class changes because of pvp,i think its not wrong to assume something will be done for pvp after some time,a really simple solution would be to add an option for foundry pvp maps aswell as 1 more,arena style 5v5,10v10 or w/e game mode.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In my opinion there is actually too much focus on PvP already. There have been changes made to various classes that really hurt their performance in PvE, for the purpose of "balancing" the classes for PvP. There are various rewards that can only be obtained through PvP - including one of the artifacts that will be introduced with the upcomining Module 2.

Class-related complaints from pure PvE players (and don't forget that D&D is fundamentally a PvE game) seem to get ignored over and over, while complaints from PvP players seem to get much more active attention....I'm sorry, but if the geme becomes more PvP focused, a lot of existing PvE-oriented players will probably leave.

In my opinion it was a mistake to include PvP at all.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    berzergera wrote: »

Heres a guy who think exacly as i do.

Im a PvE player and i love it but for the last 2-3 months all i do is PvP because theres rly nothing else to do.. i might not have all rank 10's and perfects and trust me, i wont run the same dungeon like mad to make enough AD to buy them.... and i already "farm" A LOT.

Dont get me wrong, i actually like doing PvP solo and premades but i still believe since beta that the game rly need a good boost in terms of content both PvE and PvP.

Module 2 will be my final test.
    adinosii wrote: »
    In my opinion it was a mistake to include PvP at all.

I like PvP but u are absolutly right, mostly (as far as i know) they implement PvP few months before the release which was delayed some months because of PvP. At least were they explanation.