test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth making Rank 5/6s before change?

2»

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So "leveling up" doesn't lose enchants, and "upgrading" has a chance to lose enchants?

But with the current system, we don't need to firstly "level up" them and only need to "upgrade" (which is similar to "fuse", I guess?) them.

going from rank x to rank y in the fuse system, you have, at minimum, five chances to fail. the higher the rank, the more likely you are going to fail. with a p ward, you won't lose your enchant but it'll cost you a p ward.

going from rank x to rank y in the refinement system, you have one chance to fail. you need the required reagents and a p ward if you so desire. failure without a p ward destroys the reagents. failure with a p ward just destroys the p ward.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    going from rank x to rank y in the fuse system, you have, at minimum, five chances to fail. the higher the rank, the more likely you are going to fail. with a p ward, you won't lose your enchant but it'll cost you a p ward.

going from rank x to rank y in the refinement system, you have one chance to fail. you need the required reagents and a p ward if you so desire. failure without a p ward destroys the reagents. failure with a p ward just destroys the p ward.
    I see. So given that we don't use wards and do 100 fuses/upgrades in each system:

In the current system,
    We have 5-90 chances (depend on the rank to fuse into) to lost an enchantment.

In the new system,
    We have 1 chance to lost a reagent. And we firstly need to do the leveling before the upgrade.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've found Green reagents in nature and other nodes, haven't tried during Professions hour. Maybe I will tomorrow.
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Im still sit on 8 LMoP. +5 from the Chestmail.
    R3 offer 45 RP. So you lose this way 45*4-135 = 45 RP alone for this. If you use matching one it's total 90 RP.
    And if you interested in a picture:

BZ0wsr1.jpg(from looted skill node)
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    1. If I'm only going to be using a particular type of enchant or runestone for refinement points (e.g., training runestones), should I fuse those to rank 7 as well before Module 2, or leave them as is?
    If you plan to use excessive enchantments/runestones as fooder for refinement points, you should leave them as they are right now--because four rank 1 do give more points than one rank 2; only rank 5 and 6 have the same value as four of the lower ranks.
    pointsman wrote: »
    2. Is there any difference between how enchants and runestones are treated in the new system?
    In regards to fooder for refinement points: no; in regards to upgrading: no. Runestones are cheaper to unslot, though.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    The item coffer of augmentation has nothing to do with the Refinement system itself.

We all sad, that the devs change this item. The community have the responsibility to make a petition to avoid the change of this item. Only then they maybe don't change it. =(

Petition is not a good idea because otherwise everyone will launch a petition for everything. Regarding coffer, we all already said many times that make coal wards binded is a mistake. The very large part of community isn't happy about this change and we said it. If devps listen to community opinions and whishes, they are still in time to don't change it anymore, if they don't care about our opinions they will change it.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    sorry if it's been said but if I want to make, let's say dark enchantment from 5 ->, and use lower lvl enchants to it, can I use other enchants than Dark ones? And if I can, how much worse are those comparing to same kind but lower lvl enchants?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    sorry if it's been said but if I want to make, let's say dark enchantment from 5 ->, and use lower lvl enchants to it, can I use other enchants than Dark ones? And if I can, how much worse are those comparing to same kind but lower lvl enchants?
    You can use any kind of enchantment to upgrade your dark. I haven't been on the preview server in a while and I kind of forgot how much worse it is to use enchantments that are not of the same kind. The good part is that even if it's of a different kind and even if it's runestone or shard you can use it to upgrade the enchantment you wanna keep. I wouldn't use shards though because they give the most PR if you wanna upgrade a weapons or armor enchantment, so I would save shards especially to level up those. But yea, every useless, low rank runsestone and enchantment you get can be put to good use now.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After seeing all the posts I thought I would try to get as many rank 3/4s up to rank 6. At least this way I don't have to spend any preservation wards since last time I checked pres wards were about 5K which is the same price as a Dark 5. Not sure if I should bother trying to make any rank 7s, even if I have the enough rank 6s though.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm half-half on the new system. The disappointing part is the lack of being able to find reagents. And there are pros and cons to the new system.

Pros:
    *If you have 1 Rank 1 enchantment, you can bring it up to a Rank 6. ergo, If you have 99 Rank 1 Enchantments, you can make 99 of that same enchantment Rank 6.

*For Rank 7+ you only need 2 Enchantments of the same type (rather than 4).
    *You only need 3 shards to form a Lesser
    *You only need 2 Lessers to form a Normal (2 Normal -> 1 Greater, 2 Greater -> 1 Perfect).
    *You can use ANY runestone, enchantment, and event various refining items to increase RP.

Cons:
    *From preview shard, have not found a reagent from a skill node...
    *Costly to buy needed items to upgrade at this point.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    setherio wrote: »
    I'm half-half on the new system. The disappointing part is the lack of being able to find reagents. And there are pros and cons to the new system.

Pros:
    *If you have 1 Rank 1 enchantment, you can bring it up to a Rank 6. ergo, If you have 99 Rank 1 Enchantments, you can make 99 of that same enchantment Rank 6.

*For Rank 7+ you only need 2 Enchantments of the same type (rather than 4).
    *You only need 3 shards to form a Lesser
    *You only need 2 Lessers to form a Normal (2 Normal -> 1 Greater, 2 Greater -> 1 Perfect).
    *You can use ANY runestone, enchantment, and event various refining items to increase RP.

Cons:
    *From preview shard, have not found a reagent from a skill node...
    *Costly to buy needed items to upgrade at this point.

I really keep thinking, its totally and completely unnecessary, there is no need for a reagent, other than to make players waste AD, then wait a very long time to get it again, OR BUY IT. Other thing is the Cwards becoming boa, but then again, just send the enchantments to the character that have the Cwards and make the frigging enchants, they are gonna be boe, then wont become boa or bop.....there problem solve.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really keep thinking, its totally and completely unnecessary, there is no need for a reagent, other than to make players waste AD, then wait a very long time to get it again, OR BUY IT. Other thing is the Cwards becoming boa, but then again, just send the enchantments to the character that have the Cwards and make the frigging enchants, they are gonna be boe, then wont become boa or bop.....there problem solve.

Costly as in buying regeants and IIRC, after rank 6, it costs AD (on successful fuse) to upgrade (unless they changed that).
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    setherio wrote: »
    [...] it costs AD (on successful fuse) to upgrade (unless they changed that).
    They did. Ages ago.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited December 2013
    Dunno then if it's wise or stupid, but now I atleast got loads of rank 5 enchants waiting to get used after the future patch. Got some from AH under 1k each, not sure if a wise move or not, but gladly not that much spent yet :P
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    Dunno then if it's wise or stupid, but now I atleast got loads of rank 5 enchants waiting to get used after the future patch. Got some from AH under 1k each, not sure if a wise move or not, but gladly not that much spent yet :P

From what I have read here this isn't a BAD move and you won't lose out that much even if you are wrong anyway.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Getting R5s from the AH seems a bit exaggerated, considering that you can fuse them by yourself for free.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

As of my last test a couple weeks ago, success with a p ward also destroyed the p ward (which isn't supposed to happen according to the p ward tooltip), and I never saw a fix in any patch notes prior to Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if that's been fixed?
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As of my last test a couple weeks ago, success with a p ward also destroyed the p ward (which isn't supposed to happen according to the p ward tooltip), and I never saw a fix in any patch notes prior to Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if that's been fixed?

That's an important question. Did you raise it in the official Preview feedback thread on Refinement system?
  • syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    That's an important question. Did you raise it in the official Preview feedback thread on Refinement system?

Yes. Twice, along with a link to screenshots, plus a follow-up question about it that was never answered.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
    edited December 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Getting R5s from the AH seems a bit exaggerated, considering that you can fuse them by yourself for free.

Price wasn't much different comparing downwards so didn't matter actually. Though few AD it would've changed, that's true.

But atleast got now something witing and can check the thing later today gladly.

Edit. Ahh should've bought more, price has gone up x5