test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth the 750 AD

tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey gang,
Is it worth 750 AD to upgrade stone of alure? Would 750 ad be better spent else where. I have rank 7's in all my slots right now. Im a GWF.

Any info be great thanks!
Post edited by tybrus8 on

Comments

• valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Depends on how fast you aquire ad and how much other stuff you need for your toon. Its not a huge upgrade for the most part but it will get better once mod2 comes out.
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I upgraded the ghost paladin. I'm sure there are better things to spend 750K AD on, but he's done well for me. Even tanked a certain Mad Dragon.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited November 2013
    Hard to say.

1) It would give you a very small increase in the Ioun's +stats, which probably isn't worth it on its own.

2) It would increase the upcoming passive Companion Bonus to go from a 7% proc chance on an Encounter power (to apply a Slow effect) to a 10% proc chance. While this might not have the best PvE value (beyond helping people to kite trash mobs), it could be considered useful for PvP.

3) I haven't been following the new Sword Coast Adventures beta very much, so I'm not sure if non-combat Companions like the Ioun can participate. If you can send the Ioun on one of these missions through the Gateway system, then it would be worth it to upgrade the Ioun to a Purple grade. Higher level Companions have access to better "dice" values for the random number generator used in the SCA system, which helps them complete higher level missions (which have better rewards).
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    If you have the spare 750k ad then I suppose so since it is only useful in PVE.

The upgrade isn't much but every bit helps.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2) It would increase the upcoming passive Companion Bonus to go from a 7% proc chance on an Encounter power (to apply a Slow effect) to a 10% proc chance. While this might not have the best PvE value (beyond helping people to kite trash mobs), it could be considered useful for PvP.

Companions, and everything associated with them, have zero value in PvP.

To OP: if you have absolutely nothing else to spend it on, then 750,000 AD (not 750 AD), may be worth it to you for upgrading an Augment ... maybe.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If it was 750AD, I'd upgrade everything, and then upgrade them some more.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I prefer the stone of might with its 2 rings and 1 belt... BUT you need to consider a 500k upgrade to rank 30...

I have both the allure, but I beef'd up my stone of might to give me 3 rank 7 eldritch + blue rings/belt (with rank 7 enchant slotted)

Total increase is +1049 arp (20% resistance ignored) and +1063 regen (+11% total hp regen each 3s or 1,000hp/s)

As a GF this gives me both huge dps AND a regen that keeps me alive in practically ALL circumstances... LOVE it

I couldn't get that much bonus from the stone of allure and its ring/neck/icon slots...
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    I prefer the stone of might with its 2 rings and 1 belt... BUT you need to consider a 500k upgrade to rank 30...

500k to rank 25 (Rare). You need to spend another 750k on top of that to get to max rank 30 (Epic).
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I heard they were supposedly lowering upgrade costs in future. Personally I don't think it's worth it.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Depends.
    With an R8 eldritch I got about 100-110 stat points for 750k.
    You have R7-R8s in all slots now, weapon set, w/a enchantments? Yes It can worth it because at that point you get only 35-40 stat points for 5-600k if buy an R8.

You have R5-R6s and no weapon set? Spend your money elsewhere for more stat point upgrade.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    500k to rank 25 (Rare). You need to spend another 750k on top of that to get to max rank 30 (Epic).

third rings unlock at 25 tho... If you have only rank 7 or 8 it is worth to upgrade to rank 30 for 750k. Any less, get higher enchants instead
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My hubby and me dabbled with sword coast beta and he kept laughing about what his ioun stone "Miniature Space Hamster" was doing. so yes ioun stones count unless they change it.