test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recovery (arcane) for your companion?

kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Sorry i'm making a thread because I can't seem to find the info any help would be much appreciated.So I put 3 rank 7 arcane runestones on my Lillend thinking "recovery" was the speed you regain HP but this is what I read while looking at the stats...."recovery increases the recharge speed of your encounter powers and the amount of action points you gain" So my question is is the higher recovery making her cast the quick heals faster or is it basically doing nothing?I wanted to take them off and test how long in between casting the heal but it costs a good amount to take them off.If Recovery is basically meaningless what should I look to add instead (great weapon fighter).Sorry if these are **** questions.I appreciate the time!
Post edited by kumaluca on

Comments

• nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    You can't change the recharge timer of companion healer spells. Recovery is 100% useless for Lillend. Stack her up with defence.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Depends on the pet. My Dire Wolf, stacked with recovery, is pretty close to constant interrupt attacks. Any mob the Dire Wolf is on is in a perpetual state of being knocked around.
  • lemartes99lemartes99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Depends on the pet. My Dire Wolf, stacked with recovery, is pretty close to constant interrupt attacks. Any mob the Dire Wolf is on is in a perpetual state of being knocked around.

Have you actually done testing with the combat log or are you just going by what you see.
    From my testing recovery is pretty much useless, with even Max (about 300 on a pet) he gets MABYE gets an extra attack or two in per minute. Essentially useless.

Multiple people have confirmed, via the combat log, that recovery is useless on companions. I'm 100% sure people who say otherwise are just being hopeful or don't want to admit the expensive gems they used do nothing.

To OP: Defence is really good on companions. 200 Crit will double her crit rate (In my testing the DPS did not go up much though, might be better for healers). Put the rest in Health. Recovery, AP, Deflect & Power currently do nothing (or next to nothing) on pets.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When Module 2 hits, you'll be able to remove runestones from your companion for gold, so you're not stuck with any that you're unhappy with for too long provided you can bear to wait.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just stack reg/defence/critical strike on her. Recovery doesn't work on most of the companions and only good for dog/panther/dire wolf.

P.S Also, I've done testing of Def stat on 4 of my companions in Chasm and noticed that my skeleton with 250 def recieves the same ammount of damage my faithful initiate does with 812 def from both Nothic mindwrap attacks. Same situation was with CIW(648) and Neverember guard (412).
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can't change the recharge timer of companion healer spells. Recovery is 100% useless for Lillend. Stack her up with defence.

Interesting. I've read a lot of people recommend recovery for the cleric companion. Glad I didn't spec that way. Seems it would only take off a mila second anyway haha.
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Just stack reg/defence/critical strike on her. Recovery doesn't work on most of the companions and only good for dog/panther/dire wolf.

P.S Also, I've done testing of Def stat on 4 of my companions in Chasm and noticed that my skeleton with 250 def recieves the same ammount of damage my faithful initiate does with 812 def from both Nothic mindwrap attacks. Same situation was with CIW(648) and Neverember guard (412).

Was reg a typo meaning recovery? If not, what do you mean? Regen? There's runes for that, or are you referring to items?
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2013
    when module 2 comes they should greatly improve the companion stats and bonus stats from items/runes if they care so much about them from what i see they always release a new pet by event or zen shop why they dont buff them realy? and the upgrade ... quality is just pathetic 300/500/750 k realy? this should be cheap allowing you to level with them they are realy much worth having them in better quality even epic while ur low level
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guy's this was very helpful!
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so basically it's pretty worthless to put anything on your lillends offense slots?They are healer's why in the world did they put offense slots on them instead of defense?
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lemartes99 wrote: »
    Have you actually done testing with the combat log or are you just going by what you see.
    From my testing recovery is pretty much useless, with even Max (about 300 on a pet) he gets MABYE gets an extra attack or two in per minute. Essentially useless.

If you add recovery to a pet and you can see it attack more often than before you don't need to go over the combat log to determine if there is an attack rate improvement. You eyes will tell you there is, especially when that improvement is accompanied by the obvious visuals of interrupts and knockdowns.

I saw the same improvement denverralphy did, when I boosted recovery on my Dire Wolf.
  • nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    If you add recovery to a pet and you can see it attack more often than before you don't need to go over the combat log to determine if there is an attack rate improvement. You eyes will tell you there is, especially when that improvement is accompanied by the obvious visuals of interrupts and knockdowns.

I saw the same improvement denverralphy did, when I boosted recovery on my Dire Wolf.

Hover your mouse over the pet ability icons. You can see the effect of the stats on that, just like you can for your own abilities in the paragon trees.

To the previous poster, Lillend has an attack ability that's a DoT, which you can improve. It's also a HoT. For nearby allies, though the healing aspect can't be altered, and a debuff to the enemy it hits. Lillend shines when you're fighting a single target with lots of HP. She is awesome, and before anyone else asks...yes...she IS worth the asking price.