Options

Negation Enchantment

2»

Comments

• Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Give me a Greater or even Perfect and i show you a 80% hardcap non Cleribuff Char.

If a toon already runs near hardcap most of the time, would that toon then have little benefit from negation?

Hold off on the armor pen impact for a followup.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    To answer my own question: Yes, tested and confirmed. If already near the 80% hardcap most of the time, negation is useless. As DR increases from 55% to 80%, perfect negation decreases in effectiveness.

PVP adds the armor pen element, of course. ~ 25% less DR.
    My guess: PNeg mitigates ~ 10% of the extra damage caused by 25% arpen.
    Rationale: 7/60 seconds = 11.7%, and sometimes min(.8, DR - arpen + 25%) = .8.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Yes, tested and confirmed.

Log of a basic test of Negation, i.e. excluding hard cap isues, please? State your DR too, of course.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sure. Basically, it works just as gentlemancrush described. It's additive to your DR, but limited by the hardcap.

41.6% DR, nothing else active. Greater Negation (20% DR).

Negation procs at the 452 (1175) mark.

negation.png

DR goes from ~41.6% (1 - 704/1205) to ~61.6% (1 - 452/1175).

On hardcap: If the original DR was 76%, negation would've only brought it to 80% (not 96%).
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Sure. Basically, it works just as gentlemancrush described. It's additive to your DR, but limited by the hardcap.

41.6% DR, nothing else active. Greater Negation (20% DR).

Negation procs at the 452 (1175) mark.

negation.png

DR goes from ~41.6% (1 - 704/1205) to ~61.6% (1 - 452/1175).

On hardcap: If the original DR was 76%, negation would've only brought it to 80% (not 96%).

Perfect. Finally, a definitive in-game record.

So, Negation armor enhancement is an additive Damage Resistance buff (up to the hard cap of 80%, of course).

That makes it a reasonable anti-burst enhancement when it procs, especially since both the proc chance and duration increase at higher ranks.

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ok... after your words I went to preview server and tested perfect on preview. I have 44.6 DR on the tooltip and with perfect my total DR calculated from combat log is around 49.5.... I simply go near mobs and did nothing just let them to hit. I dont know if is intended or a bug but i think it is a bug couse my dr was increased of 49.5-44.6=4.9 total (11% of my own DR). So it is buggy in any case.

Please bring negation to correct values ( (x+25)%DR for perfect ) because we dont have any alternative to soulforged atm (regarding defensive ench).

Hello,
    i made again the same test as quoted and i found the same values but i discovered that this discrepancy (44,6 v.s. 49.5) should be caused by something else (i'm not used to make tests so i think i made somethng wrong). I thought it was negation but when it proc i reduce on preview 74,5% (49.5 + 25), so it seems the perfect negation works well.

I apologize form my mistake... sorry.

But now i should understand why damage reduction in tooltips is different from redution in the combat lot. Maybe tooltips is not accurate?

P.S.
    gentlemancrush, ty for you answer.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finally some good news!!!! :D
    I'm not a "test beast" so big thanks for all who made the thing clear !

cheers!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"