test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of Active Bonuses for companions.

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hmm.. does this mean that the 4% extra rating for Stone of Allure is going to be 10% chance to slow the targets on encounter use?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    Hmm.. does this mean that the 4% extra rating for Stone of Allure is going to be 10% chance to slow the targets on encounter use?

No.

The active bonus is addition to how companions already currently work.

g1MVv0z.png

As you can see here, it gets both the increase in it's stats and the upgrade to it's active bonus. (Sorry i didn't have an Stone of Allure leveled up to show it on).
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I still say that people who think the augment passives are weak aren't considering that the entire augment is an enormous passive buff in itself. They don't need to be made more appealing for people to want to use them and keep them around.

You're not getting ripped off. You're still getting exactly what you paid for in the first place, and a little more on top of it.

And let's repeat it once more: active companion buffs doesn't make augmentation pets any more or less usefull because they are not an option, they are the only choice as summoned pet. Noone with a brain would ever use anything else other than an augmentation pet, given that regular pets insta-die in any T2 dungeon.

That said, it's just irritating that the developers are trolling the players giving to those augmentation pets some stupid buffs just because they know that most of the players (actually all the players) already use them.

If the developers want to make the non-augmentation pets more appealing then they need to solve all the issues related to the usage of non-augmentation pets.

Trolling the customer base is just harrasing.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They just have to make all companions immune to area of effect damage or reduce aoe damage they receive by 99%.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    They just have to make all companions immune to area of effect damage or reduce aoe damage they receive by 99%.
    And decrease to 0 the agro they generate or give em a better path finding to not agro all the mobs in your dungeon and the ones from the next one in list.

Honestly this is a totally whole different speech.

Here we are talking about the fact that, illogically, all the augment pets are getting rubbish stats just because they are the most used ones... the problem is that givin em rubbish stats won't make the "non augment" any better.

The only result will be the rage of all the players that spent AD/zen to get those augment companions.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    saved81 wrote: »
    And decrease to 0 the agro they generate or give em a better path finding to not agro all the mobs in your dungeon and the ones from the next one in list.

Honestly this is a totally whole different speech.

Here we are talking about the fact that, illogically, all the augment pets are getting rubbish stats just because they are the most used ones... the problem is that givin em rubbish stats won't make the "non augment" any better.

The only result will be the rage of all the players that spent AD/zen to get those augment companions.

LOl. The rage one then are idiots. Easy story. They get a buff. So all buff even the weakest one is better as nothing to have. But because it's an undying augmentuserpetone, they need to get the best buff! Q.Q only.
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    LOl. The rage one then are idiots. Easy story. They get a buff. So all buff even the weakest one is better as nothing to have. But because it's an undying augmentuserpetone, they need to get the best buff! Q.Q only.
    The weakest buff would have been the one it gave before this patch, this "buff" actually is NOTHING (exactly how it was the "reduced falling damage" from the cat) since noone will ever need this "buff".
    The "rage" is just the most common feeling a person with a brain should feel once gets trolled like this.
    edited November 2013
    The weakest buff would have been the one it gave before this patch, this "buff" actually is NOTHING (exactly how it was the "reduced falling damage" from the cat) since noone will ever need this "buff".
    The "rage" is just the most common feeling a person with a brain should feel once gets trolled like this.

Q.Q nothing else. Reducing falling damage is in some cases more as before. If some don't check this, it's their fail.
    edited November 2013
    List another dungeon other than the fight with the drakolich where the "falling damage" has ever taken a role into the fight.
    edited November 2013
    List another dungeon other than the fight with the drakolich where the "falling damage" has ever taken a role into the fight.

FH. MC.
    10chars
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Of the new Grand Emporium companions:

Mystagog is going for a promotion so it has been removed from the Collections page.
    The Damaran Shepherd and the Lightfoot Thief are going to be rewards in Sword Coast Adventures. (with new Active Bonus powers)
    The other two, Con Artist and Shieldmaiden, will be available in the Grand Emporium for gold.

At least that's the latest info. The Powers that Be really like to move around companions as the clock continues to tick.

Gold?!?!?! no wait, yes ofc i was thinking about blue pets costing astrals... Which makes me think maybe you should be able to buy green pets from a store.. (not AH or Zen market)
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    FH. MC.
    10chars

Care to explain? Because I've never seen anyone falling anywhere while figthing Hrimnir nor Fulminorax. Unless you care about those "poor" fellas that glitch underneath the dragon or go up and down from the icy pillars in order to get mobs stuck (and I don't even know if you're getting hurt doing so).

Nonetheless stamina/guard meter and 200 deflect are still somewhat usefull: according to your logic (if we really want to call it that way) they should be nerfed as well, just like the 10% more XP you get from one of the hardest pet you can get in this game.

Anyway, looking at those bonuses as a whole as a separate matter from anything else (i.e. non-augment pet vs. augment pet and so on), they are, simply put a mix of bad/unbalanced/nice bonuses.

You can check my comparison with racial bonuses in order to have a better idea of what I'm talking.
    edited November 2013
    twinkje wrote: »
    Care to explain? Because I've never seen anyone falling anywhere while figthing Hrimnir nor Fulminorax. Unless you care about those "poor" fellas that glitch underneath the dragon or go up and down from the icy pillars in order to get mobs stuck (and I don't even know if you're getting hurt doing so).
    Tested yesterday with 5 FH runs.

Seems that the attacks that come out the floor from hriminir cause falling dmg (around 800 dmg) and I can't even be sure about this since that falling damage doesn't have a known source (there isn't written who caused it)

I've parsed all those 5 runs and it came out that it's something like 3000-4000 dmg per run on 5 party members (around 800 dmg per player).

200 dmg reducted on a dungeon seems to be a buff for someone...
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I can add a couple of stats for purple companions:

Acolyte of Kelemvor = +5%
    Neverember Guard = 2% chance for 1% heal

Should also have info for Purple Stone of Might tomorrow.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bazgc wrote: »
    I can add a couple of stats for purple companions:

Acolyte of Kelemvor = +5%
    Neverember Guard = 2% chance for 1% heal

Should also have info for Purple Stone of Might tomorrow.

Thank you.
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Thank you.

No problem. If you've gone to that much effort the least I can do is pick off some of what you haven't been able to reach yet :)

Ioun Stone of Might once purple is 5%.
    My Foundry Quests:

• oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just to be clear - i need buy now 2 more action slots to companions - and than i can have the maximum 5 companion slot and have 5 companions with all bonuses at all time. am i right?
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    oriyellow8 wrote: »
    just to be clear - i need buy now 2 more action slots to companions - and than i can have the maximum 5 companion slot and have 5 companions with all bonuses at all time. am i right?
    No, you will get the extra 2 active companions slots at level 30 (I guess) and 60. So, if you're character is already level 60 on Live, as soon as Module 2 Shadowmantle goes live, you'll have 5 active companion slots.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited November 2013

No - you do not need to buy the slots, the extra 2 open up as you level (iirc it's levels 30 and 60). If you want earlier access to them then you can still buy the slots.

EDIT: Ok...I can see that uurbs beat me to the reply. Why didn't that post appear for me until I replied though...? Odd...
    My Foundry Quests:

edited November 2013
    k nice - not need waste more money. now only 1 mil on every companion.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    hey dardove... just a thnkyou for keeping the first post updated. If it wasn't for you, i could never follows all that changes.
    Ty
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    bazgc wrote: »
    No - you do not need to buy the slots, the extra 2 open up as you level (iirc it's levels 30 and 60). If you want earlier access to them then you can still buy the slots.

EDIT: Ok...I can see that uurbs beat me to the reply. Why didn't that post appear for me until I replied though...? Odd...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i didn't Know... nooo i bought the two slots... why i'm so unlucky with this game!?
    edited November 2013
    hey dardove... just a thnkyou for keeping the first post updated. If it wasn't for you, i could never follows all that changes.
    Ty

Glad I could help out.
    edited November 2013
    sorry maybe asked - u can take any compnions and get there bonus ..or there something with the collection that u need all collection?
    or something?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The collection interface just offers a convenient way of previewing what the bonuses are on companions you don't own. You get bonuses from any companions you have equipped to an active slot.

While there are points for completing a companion collection, they don't do anything. And this is intentional (as was clarified for me in the collection system feedback thread yesterday), because the majority of the companion collections include at least one cash purchase.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2013
    sorry maybe asked - u can take any compnions and get there bonus ..or there something with the collection that u need all collection?
    or something?

The active companion bonuses is separate from the collection system. As long as they are slotted in an active slot you will get the bonus.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'm still depressed at how horrible the stat bonus is for the Allure Stone now. Was there a reason it got changed to something drastically different? For me and everyone I play with a 10% 'Chance' at slowing is utterly useless. All of that wasted astral diamonds on making it purple. Guess it's time to sink some diamonds in upgrading the Might Stone instead and replacing the Allure with a different companion.
  • icky1982icky1982 Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013
    And Bosses are certainly immune to this debuff?

useless bonus.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It would not surprise me if Bosses were immune to it. Even if they are not that small percentage chance makes no real difference in a fight.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    andferne3 wrote: »
    I'm still depressed at how horrible the stat bonus is for the Allure Stone now. Was there a reason it got changed to something drastically different? For me and everyone I play with a 10% 'Chance' at slowing is utterly useless. All of that wasted astral diamonds on making it purple. Guess it's time to sink some diamonds in upgrading the Might Stone instead and replacing the Allure with a different companion.

It's kind of annoying, as I upgraded my Allure Stone on live, based on the bonus it was to have. But, at least it served as a reminder not to take anything on test as a promise of what is to be on live.

I'm not going to bother changing stones over it though. Even if the 10% slow isn't the best thing ever, it's still a bonus my stone didn't provide me before. If it stacks with slows from other sources, like teammate spells and whatnot, it may be handy at times.