test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

state of game now

sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I played Neverwinter few months ago and game was good but had no end game so i got bored and quit,i played AOW and GW2 so far but im getting little bored of them too now so im thinking should i come back to Raiderz or Neverwinter.What i whould like to know does this game still have lots of players (or at least decant amount) to not feel dead, and do we have some critical changes on Neverwinter that i need to know about.I will note that i dont care much about economy just gameplay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Read the news, updates and ofc the Preview server and the new Moduel 2 is comming on 5th December with a new class, just roam a bit arround the forums join ingame and look for yourself it is the best way to see what has changed.

Gl and hf
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Decent amount of players, then loads depends that how you aim to play the game. If just random playing in random groups, it's quite pain many times. End game haven't changed. Many many many old bugs still in the game. Not much customer service included. Queue system still broken (or this game really have lower amount of players then even I can think off). Loads of exploiting, kicking from groups after last boss etc. Fixes "coming".

But still, I like the game :P
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    Queue system still broken (or this game really have lower amount of players then even I can think off). Loads of exploiting, kicking from groups after last boss etc. Fixes "coming".

. . . . . Just to echo the last statement, all of these have been resolved or made better with Module 2. Many exploits fixed, no more random kicking and the Queue system has seen vast improvements on both live and coming with Module 2.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Ok that sounds nice. Though I still don't know how votekick would effect similar things, if there is something different that I have missed :)

And to me queue system isn't a problem, since I usually queue on different way. It's just bad to people that queue solo.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Just to echo the last statement, all of these have been resolved or made better with Module 2. Many exploits fixed, no more random kicking and the Queue system has seen vast improvements on both live and coming with Module 2.

if i remember well... the new queue system will also assemble party without GF or DC. Because DC are required in any case in t2 dungeons, GF will find very difficult to enter a dungeon. It will be like months ago when GF could pug with extreme difficulties.

To answer to the op: state of the game? GF is still in alpha phase^^
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Well i will update my game and try it
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IMO, id wait for Dec 5th to roll around.

New class, new paths, new PVE content etc. If you log today, not much has changed unless you stopped before module 1, then there will be more for you to do.

No pvp updates yet either which is a HUGE bummer.

Just wait two weeks for Mod 2 then youll see a healthy population again and alot of improvements in the live game.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    IMO, id wait for Dec 5th to roll around.

New class, new paths, new PVE content etc. If you log today, not much has changed unless you stopped before module 1, then there will be more for you to do.

No pvp updates yet either which is a HUGE bummer.

Just wait two weeks for Mod 2 then youll see a healthy population again and alot of improvements in the live game.

I think this is the best advice at this time...depending of course on if people have or haven't seen content from module 1.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited November 2013
    Nope i didnt played module 1 at all,so with this it will be 2 modules for me to play,lots of content hehe
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    one thing one must consider when giving advise is not everyone has the exact same preferences that you might have. as the OP stated, they're looking forward to the new module content and didn't mention pvp at all. if you've been here and consistently playing since open beta, then it's an easy thing for us to say "man... i'm bored" but that's because you've done everything... probably multiple times with different characters. i know i'm looking forward to the new module but i wouldn't try to talk someone else out of checking out all the changes that have occurred in the last few months. i believe the correct term here is "your mileage may vary". ;)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    Nope i didnt played module 1 at all,so with this it will be 2 modules for me to play,lots of content hehe

Id still wait for Mod 2... Just bide time with whatever else your doing for 2 weeks. Im sure the holidays will kill some of that.

Module 1 gave you 1 more dungeon and daily quests to get boons which are perma small stat buffs. So pretty cool there although the daily quests take about 5-10 minutes then your done for the day.

The new Dungeon added some new loot, which is decent, and the ability to get better than CN weapon set with laods on weaponsmith farming and also mats for a very minimal upgrade, not worth it for some classes.

Overall the new content is great, but wont give much longevity. If you wanna kill time doing that, youll run out of things to do if you want to be an active player.

Module 2 is slightly better in that it brings more paragon paths for each class AND a new class so you can pursue those avenues, it also brings more dailies that from my limited experience seem slightly better than the old sharandar dailies, however again about 5-10 minutes of daily farming there as well.

If you wait for Module 2, you can then farm both daily areas along with 2 new dungeons and new paths. Which would make for a fun "come-back" to the game.

If you come back now, you may or may not be disappointing in the seemingly lack of things to do.

As long as you realize those points I think you can make the call either way.
    edited November 2013
    Well i will wait for module 2 then,im not in hurry and i can always play something else untill that comes
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally, id start patching up now and give the game a try as it is. No point in waiting till next big patch drops to decide to patch up 6+ months of content. I expect the patch servers will be rather busy, so no point in adding extra strain to them.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @OP - even if you start now, you won't be finished with the module 1 campaign before module 2 releases.