test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple retraining token?

cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows if you can stack the retraining tokens? These tokens are on sale now, and i think 99% we will get a free training token when the new patch with new paragon path hit. So if the tokens wont stack in size, buying them is kind of meaningless. Any help is appreciated.
Post edited by cheapjing on

Comments

• syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm fairly sure they don't stack. No 100% certain though. I just know that when they've handed out free respecs in the past, that they didn't stack.
    contents to be decided
  • cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so if they dont stack, there is no pt in getting them while they are on sale, as i am pretty sure they will hand one out when new paragon path is made available. Great sale! :(
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are two kinds of respec options. Free and Zen purchased. They are tracked separetly and you get the option to use either your free one or the paid one, from the respec menu.

Free repsecs will not stack. Paid ones will.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What sockmunkey said.

You can buy a ton of respec tokens and they will all stack. They can also be used by any character on your account. Free Respecs are separate and each character can only have one of them at a time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I got some confirmation from my Community Manager on this, here is what I was told to relay:

. . . . .
    The Zen Store's "Retraining Tokens" and Free Retraining Tokens are separate tokens (they are actually character unlocks) so they do not stack together as they are technically different "items/unlocks" but you can have one of each at the same time.

. . . . . Zen Purchased "Retraining Tokens" do stack.

. . . . . The free retraining tokens handed out periodically (like what we're getting when module 2 comes) will probably not stack, but we'll let you know if that changes. So if you have a free one already when Module 2 comes, the free one from Module 2 will most likely overwrite your current free retraining token. These are designed to allow players to respec according to new changes so they are not meant to stack but to allow players who do not have a free respec available be able to respec according to major class changes. Again, we'll make a note if this changes, so for now expect the free ones to not stack.
  • cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    great, thanks a lot for clear this up!
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So... If we've got a free one lurking about and we're considering re-training when the new Paragon Paths are released, we'd be wise to use it and reset our characters just before the patch with Module 2, log out without picking new abilities, patch up, log in, and then re-train our characters. This will leave another free re-training for us that allows us to tweak things after we've had some experience into Module 2. Right?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    So... If we've got a free one lurking about and we're considering re-training when the new Paragon Paths are released, we'd be wise to use it and reset our characters just before the patch with Module 2, log out without picking new abilities, patch up, log in, and then re-train our characters. This will leave another free re-training for us that allows us to tweak things after we've had some experience into Module 2. Right?

If you plan on changing things when module 2 hits, yes. That would be the course of action that is most beneficial.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I seem to recall the free tokens stacking actually. I used two free respecs on my CW inside 3-4 days. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I did that.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I seem to recall the free tokens stacking actually. I used two free respecs on my CW inside 3-4 days. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I did that.

They don't stack. You might have used one right before and then shortly after module 1.

I sacrificed free respecs on a couple of levelling characters because there was really nothing I wanted to do with them prior to the Feywild launch, even though I still had the freebies from rebalancing. They still only have the one, in cases where I still haven't used them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Something I just found out which they really should be more clear about is this

They are Not Tokens that go in your inventory!? They can not be traded from character to character or sold etc... Which SUCKS!!!

I just bought 7 for my cleric thinking I would just mail the other 6 out to my alts. Now I have all 7 on my cleric and no way to do so! Really not happy about that. Just a heads up for anyone else as with just about everything in this game buy with caution ( the week before last I bought a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of extra companion slots as they were "on sale" just to find out this week that was a complete waste of ZEN as in module 2 they would all be unlocked on my level 60's anyways (thanks for that bit of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PE makes it tough for me to want to invest in anything like this in the future).
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    I just made the same mistake. I thought they are global, but they stick to the character which bought them. Now I have 6 respecs on my rogue. This sucks.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Something I just found out which they really should be more clear about is this

They are Not Tokens that go in your inventory!? They can not be traded from character to character or sold etc... Which SUCKS!!!

I just bought 7 for my cleric thinking I would just mail the other 6 out to my alts. Now I have all 7 on my cleric and no way to do so! Really not happy about that. Just a heads up for anyone else as with just about everything in this game buy with caution ( the week before last I bought a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of extra companion slots as they were "on sale" just to find out this week that was a complete waste of ZEN as in module 2 they would all be unlocked on my level 60's anyways (thanks for that bit of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PE makes it tough for me to want to invest in anything like this in the future).
    I just made the same mistake. I thought they are global, but they stick to the character which bought them. Now I have 6 respecs on my rogue. This sucks.

. . . . . I'm sorry to say but the tool-tip for the Retraining Tokens clearly state "... for your character once..." and then on the next line it says, "Character Unlock. Usable in powers window." I'm sorry to say, but I highly doubt PWE would refund such a transaction. The best you could do is file a GM Ticket as that cannot hurt to ask, just be kind and explain in detail the issue. I cannot speak for the GMs, but I highly doubt that they will refund this due to user error. :(
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Are they not account wide? I would have thought that they would apply to every character on your account? if not that really sucks :<
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In a perfect world, it does seem strange that the purchased Zen Retraining tokens are not account-wide whereas many other Zen store items are.

That said, free respec tokens being character specific makes sense because such respecs would be granted to disadvantaged characters that existed at that specific time.

I guess the reason the above "perfect world" situation does not exist is because both types of tokens are "character unlocks" or character services rather than an actual item.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    These services are the one sure way to transfer monies from the players to the devs, everything else can be botted and auctioned. It would be nice if they were account bound though, and either placed in a theoretical services tab, or the highly theoretical account bank
  • concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They nerf TRs so often, you'll use the ones you bought and more.

~Eggs