test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can get within assassination range of Lord Neverember

woodzyowlwoodzyowl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Title says it. The invisible wall around the Lord is too short to stop proper assassination attempts.
zPJRZILh.jpg
This is where potential murderers can reach his lordship.
383fGMqh.jpg
It is accessed by going around the right side (from this view) of the throne room.
Post edited by woodzyowl on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How is this a bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How isn't it a bug? There's supposed to be an invisible wall preventing us from reaching him. There's also no better place to report it.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Keep us posted on how well your assassination attempts go. =P

But yes, environmental glitches can get posted here (as well as submitting an ingame ticket). This one just happens to have an amusing slant to it.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You are still not near him.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Try walking up to him someday. You'll realize that I'm far too close. While I'm in the palace...
    w76gtxo.jpg
    ru7Gx64.jpg
    There's no textures on the back of the balconies. It's probably not a terribly common issue, but still...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You are trying to make a mountain out of a ant hill. This is not game breaking or an issue that will break normal gameplay.
  • Options
    felinehunterfelinehunter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Keep us posted on how well your assassination attempts go. =P

I, the cunning Vikingninja, Lodric, after being informed that my attempts on Neverember's life have been reported, by my accomplice no less, must make a statement! I have had troubles assassinating the renown Lord Neverember. It seems his guards do not know the truth... The walls of shadow protecting the lord are simply there as a ruse! Neverember is immune to ordinary mortals!

Truely, further steps must be taken, if we are to topple this mighty city...
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    But won't the seasoned Guards rush at you and throw you away, as they did when there was no invisible magic wall?
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    But won't the seasoned Guards rush at you and throw you away, as they did when there was no invisible magic wall?

Once again, there is proof that the reliance on magic makes men soft. No wonder our wizards of control continue to be so squishy, as should they for the price of meddling with the arcane.
    Indeed, were it not for the invulnerability that our Lord Neverember seems to have happened upon, the realm of Neverwinter would be in dire straits. Shadow walls and ill-trained guards aside, should Valindra discover this weakness it would, without doubt, make for very bad tidings.

Do you not see, Rhoric, that this man even has the power of the Jenkins with him? Such destructive might has been sung for many a year throughout countless realms!

Let us pray that those who established these barriers be called forth once again! So that they might correct this mistake.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you wish to be an assassin of kings. You are doing it wrong.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no mistake. It is a clever trap for those that think they found an avenue for assassination.
    What you do not see is the invisible portal just below the level of the balcony so that anyone who wants to "drop in" on Lord Neverember finds themselves teleported into a sewage filled dungeon cell.

By all means ... jump down.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So... this accidentally happened. And because of it, this thread is getting another boost.

Evelein: "I saw your so blatant and vulgar threats against the great Lord and have seen to it to place him under my protection. How I got past the invisible portals? That's for Tymora alone to know."

protection_zps5f1f3861.jpg

Also, his throne is rather comfortable. Why he does not sit in it more often, I do not know.

throne_zps6a446628.jpg

====

Really, I just somehow fell into it.... thus Tymora! (plus she's a follower of her. So a perfectly valid excuse) And by this point maybe it needs moved to Moonstone, unless it actually is a bug X3. And upon further reflection on this, I see others have done the same. Ah well, details =P
    contents to be decided