test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character drawing, as you do...

masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
edited November 2013 in Art and Fiction
It was pretty slow at my store today, so I did some drawy stuff.

unluck_by_masamundane-d6rxiyn.png

I'm trying some new technique stuff, mainly in the eyes and some of the shadow. Also I don't hate the feet, so that's a thing. This is my first drawing in these forums though, so I don't really expect anyone to see the improvement.

Yet.

Anyways, this is Kali Unluck.
Post edited by masamundane on

Comments

• manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good show, my man! I like your style! It looks great, and at the same time it doesn't try too much to be realistic, and so avoids the problems with misproportioned hands and the like.

My only beef is with the tail. Tails sprout at the back and should stay there. Here it doesn't look right going around to the front. If you weren't paying attention, you could say it sprouts from the front. If you know what I mean.
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2013
    manplow wrote: »
    My only beef is with the tail. Tails sprout at the back and should stay there. Here it doesn't look right going around to the front. If you weren't paying attention, you could say it sprouts from the front. If you know what I mean.

Sigh. I know. I originally had it coming from the other side of the pic, which looked better tail wise, as it followed the curve of the spine and looked more natural. But I switched it because it made her look off balance.

But yeah, something about it was driving me mad, and now that you've said it, I can't un-see it. I'll fix that for my own records, and for my deviant page...
  • mrfroggmrfrogg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's pretty good man! Im happily impressed! =)
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad you shaded the leg differently than the tail because at first my eyes popped out of my head.