test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Wolf of the Wild Hunt Mount?

domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm new to the game and saw this Wolf of the Wild Hunt mount. I looked on the Zen Market and it's 2500 zen.
Is that a normal price for a Rank 1 mount, because the other Rank 1 mounts are 500 - 800 Zen, and the Rank 2 are 2500 Zen.

So is the Wolf of the Wild Hunt priced wrong or was it supposed to be Rank 2 not Rank 1?

Or just a money grab for a cool looking Rank 1 mount?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I come from Star Trek online and 2500 zen buys a pretty nice starship. Kinda disappointing that it doesn't get you much here.
    Maybe I should stay away from the game.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The weird thing is, I don't even see it on the Gateway in the Zen store.

I'm saving filing a bug report on it though for later on though, unless I can confirm from others that they're not seeing it as well (in the Gateway Zen store)
    contents to be decided
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    domjot wrote: »
    Yeah I come from Star Trek online and 2500 zen buys a pretty nice starship. Kinda disappointing that it doesn't get you much here.
    Maybe I should stay away from the game.

2500 will get you a mount in this game that grant 110% speed bonus (which is the fastest in the game). It's your prerogative either way, but you probably should at least try to look at things a bit closer before you write off a game entirely.
    contents to be decided
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    And a detail: this 2500 zen mount is for all characters of the account, not only one character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And a detail: this 2500 zen mount is for all characters of the account, not only one character.

All zen mounts are like that.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, lots of people think they are char only
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, lots of people think they are char only

Yep, hear people in Zone chat in PE all the time that don't know that. They really need to make that obvious. So obvious it can't be missed. Like a large scrolling banner over the mounts section of the Zen shop or something.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    domjot wrote: »
    I'm new to the game and saw this Wolf of the Wild Hunt mount. I looked on the Zen Market and it's 2500 zen.
    Is that a normal price for a Rank 1 mount, because the other Rank 1 mounts are 500 - 800 Zen, and the Rank 2 are 2500 Zen.

So is the Wolf of the Wild Hunt priced wrong or was it supposed to be Rank 2 not Rank 1?

Or just a money grab for a cool looking Rank 1 mount?

Something seems to be wrong here. Either it is supposed to be a higher ranked mount, the price is supposed to be lower, or the dev team has lost their mind. $25 for something that is barely faster than walking speed is absolutely nuts. If the price and speed are correct then someone really wasted their time creating it because almost no one will buy it.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, it's priced as a higher ranked mount (and higher than a couple). Would have to be crazy to pay that much for it.
  • deculbdeculb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I thought the mount was cool-looking, but the price was indeed a little bit crazy for a 50% speed mount. I won't touch it unless the price goes down, or the speed goes up. But kudos to the art department that created it, it looks fantastic. :-)
  • iamavictimiamavictim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So.. What kind of religion does this wolf actually practice? Has he been wondering around Neverwinter looking for an altar to "pray" at?
    :confused:
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited November 2013
    It's from beta. Can't recall if they really were character only or not, bu the store descriptions certainly didn't say account wide (to my recollection)
    -Rajani Isa
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i recall when a number of mounts were 4k zen and after a while, all of those were reduced in price. then the dusk unicorn was released and it was 4k zen. it wouldn't surprise me if the dusk unicorn eventually dropped in price. but from a business standpoint, these items are new and considered premium.

you also have to keep in mind that while these are in the zen store, you can acquire these items by converting in-game generated AD to zen. so the dollar amount could be completely free or reduced.

and of course, if you don't find these items of value, you don't have to buy them. personally i think it's a great looking mount. i don't know why it's not epic... but only the company knows what their plans are for such things.

also... all zen store mounts are listed as reclaimable for each character. as long as i've been playing, they've said that. but i'm curious if the focus on the price tag is what stops individuals from looking into it further.