test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest Banners not selectable

andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Foundry
Whenever I create a new quest there is no option to select the banner. By default I am stuck with the City Dungeon banner. I have not been able to find a way to edit or change it either. If anyone has any ideas on how this is done, I would appreciate it.
It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by andrew12s on

Comments

• raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The quest banner is set which map style you choose as your first map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't know why that is called a banner when really it's just a button to take you to the quest site when traveling. It does not change the banner that shows in the foundry selection screen or when selecting from the job board. I am talking about the big wide background banner. You can set it for the campaign background banner but not the quest banner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Raphael is correct. No, it does not make sense that the button for the first map decides the large banner for the quest, but that is how it works. So for me this means that for the first map (which is always the Academic Commons) I use a map marker that makes sense for the larger quest. So for the Return to the Clock Makers' Tomb, the map marker is a crypt. Even though it is a building in a city.

If it helps, very few players are going to see that first marker if it is inside the city with the way the foundry maps are set up.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited October 2013
    Thank you both for your help. That may be the way it is supposed to work but no matter which map icon I use, it doesn't change the larger banner. I still get the default banner. There must be something wrong somewhere then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you talking about the one that appears on your Quest tab, with the statue with its back facing you? That will stay that way and doesn't appear to players.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited October 2013
    melinden wrote: »
    Are you talking about the one that appears on your Quest tab, with the statue with its back facing you? That will stay that way and doesn't appear to players.

No I am not. I know that does not change. I am talking about the screen prior to the Foundry Editor. The one where you select the campaign or quest for editing. Also the one you see in game on the job board. There, my quest has Anvil screen with FOUNDRY on it. Others are able to change the banner I noticed.

Today, I removed the map in the current quest I am working on and then reset it up selecting the hill button there but still no change to the larger banner.

I noticed today that I was able to pull up my quest by Title. Couldn't pull it up using my author's name yet though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I made a few quick quests for purse grinding and my map selection I place my Icon in the "Mere of Dead Men" (Because they were horror based).

My background banner is a red statue with a skull with a red banner behind it. Standing up against a pillar in a crypt.All my banners are different. Just look up my name and take a squizz.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited November 2013
    Here is what I am talking about. This is a screenshot of my foundry campaign/quest selection screen:

quest-select_zps2b709fb3.jpg

This is a shot of the Review tab on the job board. I play on the Dragon server.

job-board_zpsd5e15498.jpg

Everything is all mixed up. I think there are errors causing this. I hope a dev looks at this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]