test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Feedback!

2»

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure what's going on with The Dark Descent. I know its a little longer than the others. And I had a couple complaints about the length. But the average play time has jumped up to 34 minutes.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited October 2013
    I went through and edited normal-mode encounters in The Dark Descent to get its average time more in line with the others. Changed out some standard encounters for weak ones. And added a hints section to the quest description. Its listed average time will take a bit to drop, but it should eventually. Ran it with my CW after the changes in only 13.5 minutes.

This should get its average time closer to the golden 15 minute mark most people seem to like. Hopefully.
    edited November 2013
    Updated first post with how to leave feedback.
  • joejudgejoejudge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    NW-DB2J8F5F5 Helping Halgarth

I added the quest ... no idea where to start. 'Map' tab shows a zoomed in area ... somewhere on some map/location.

Neverwinter client won't plot a sparking path to the quest.

So ... I
    Checked the world map, by trying to exit via a gate
    Quest is a NO SHOW anywhere
    I traveled to a random location & tried exiting back via the gate I just entered
    There the quest is .... BOOM: its own location circle.

Now -- F**K!
    I cannot select Halgarth's location because I must "gather my party"

Really? ... you mark it Solo Friendly, and description reinforces that this is solo-able

WASTE OF MY TIME. Ditching this quest
    edited October 2014
    joejudge wrote: »
    NW-DB2J8F5F5 Helping Halgarth

I added the quest ... no idea where to start. 'Map' tab shows a zoomed in area ... somewhere on some map/location.

Neverwinter client won't plot a sparking path to the quest.

So ... I
    Checked the world map, by trying to exit via a gate
    Quest is a NO SHOW anywhere
    I traveled to a random location & tried exiting back via the gate I just entered
    There the quest is .... BOOM: its own location circle.

Now -- F**K!
    I cannot select Halgarth's location because I must "gather my party"

Really? ... you mark it Solo Friendly, and description reinforces that this is solo-able

WASTE OF MY TIME. Ditching this quest

First off, its been a while. I know. But as I mentioned in the first post (at the time) I was away from the game and wasn't using this forum that often then. Trying to be better about it though.

Sorry you had difficulty. All of the quests in the Halgarth Legacy Campaign start from the world map. I have them do that so that you don't have to go to a specific map to start them. Sounds like you were having a bit of lag there when it didn't show.

The gather your party thing is a system message for people that are in parties. It has nothing to do with my foundry specifically. If you are trying to do any foundry while in a party, you have to have the party together. Or it will give you that message. If you want to do it solo, you can't be in a party to run them. If you were getting that message while not in a party, I'm not sure why. Perhaps a companion could trigger it. But I've never heard of that.

As for the quests themselves. Depending on your gear and skill, they can be challenging. But I've run every one of them solo with every class. All except HR/SW were run solo back before we had boons and artifacts even. I've actually gotten complaints that my quests are both to hard and to easy. You really just can't please everyone. I've tried to help a little with the difficulty options though.
    edited October 2014
    Added the quest: Burning Vengeance - NW-DGYLNSKOL to the campaign. Its the final quest for this campaign and opens the door to my next.

Its an early version and could really use some feedback on it. I still need to touch up a few areas. But I'm really looking for info about what people think of the fights. Both normal and hard. As well as spelling errors. Thanks in advance.
    edited October 2014
    Burning Vengeance - NW-DGYLNSKOL is now qualified for the daily! Thanks to everyone who played it. Still have to do a good bit more detail work on it, but its very playable.