test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading scam

beastboi89beastboi89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was doing this trade with this guy. the trade was my coalescent ward for his 3 key. I didn't get his 3 key and he took my ward. do u guy think it a glitch or something. cause he seem to know what he was doing he a low level too.
Post edited by beastboi89 on

Comments

• neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait a few seconds after their trade item has been put in the window, if it disappears from the window just walk away. Ive seen a couple of people try this sort of thing before. Its not really a bug but if you rush trades, its easily missed. Really make sure the item is in the window before you hit the accept button

I have an idea of how they're doing it but I don't want to post it here as it would likely lead to more trying it. Can't report it as a bug either because its not really a bug if it's what I think it is and it's probably of low importance as something to be fixed.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pro tip, there is no need to rush. ALWAYS wait a second or two before you accept the trade. Check, double-check, triple-check what is offered is in fact what you want. If they are honest and on the up and up they wont mind waiting a second or two.

And if you run into some one who keeps closing the trade window...accidently. Just walk away.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The fix would be to implement a "Two Tier Accept" to trades.

First accept from a player locks in the items (s)he wishes to trade away. Once both players have accepted, the old window is closed and a new one is opened with all the items for trade being listed with no changes possible and both players have to accept that trade for it to go through.
  • uxvorastrixuxvorastrix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's an idea.... don't trade with anyone you don't know.

Anyone that attempts to trade with a total stranger in-game should expect to get ripped off. The vast majority of trades with those you don't know will result in one person or the other getting ripped off.
    D&D DM/Player since 1982 - all versions except the despised 4e
  • jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i was riped by <removed> (he steal on this account, sell on <removed>) today with malabog blade fragment, he offered 3xwards, when wards appear i press "accept" but in the meantime he takeoff coal wards... so i lose fragment w/o getting nothing. perfect company, fix this ****ing trading system
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    jokerswiss wrote: »
    i was riped by <removed> (he steal on this account, sell on <removed>) today with malabog blade fragment, he offered 3xwards, when wards appear i press "accept" but in the meantime he takeoff coal wards... so i lose fragment w/o getting nothing. perfect company, fix this trading system
    Slightly off topic, but you're not allowed to name players, not matter what they're doing to you basically.
    Wizard.jpg
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    They should change trade system then. In another MMO I played the "accept" was removed once changed the items in the trade window. So even if you already have accepted and the other one removes the item you would have to accept again. If this is not working in this way in NW, then they should change it soon.
  • jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    They should change trade system then. In another MMO I played the "accept" was removed once changed the items in the trade window. So even if you already have accepted and the other one removes the item you would have to accept again. If this is not working in this way in NW, then they should change it soon.

the problem is, that when he put coal wards, i press accept and seems he had luck to remove between i pressed accept and items disapear
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Please report such behavior through the proper methods, as outlined in the Rules of Conduct, Section 3, Rule 3.01. The forums are not the place for discussions like this and only open the door for players to use it as a venue to Name & Shame, which is not allowed either. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.