test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP = bot wars

filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm levling my 4th character (58 atm) so i was thinking bout to try PvP again, to see if something has changed. AND it DIDN'T.

PvP 50-59 is still filled with bots. Thanks Cryptic, you are doing great job ...
Post edited by filc on

Comments

• synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Once you hit 60 though you'll never really see them.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    synozeer wrote: »

Maybe i'm unlucky, just tried 4 times with my lvl 60 and every time there was at least one rogue bot in team
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    I wish that was true...there are quite a bit less, but I have still seen bots in L 60 pvp
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They need too add a "report cheater" option and possibly a "report afk" option in pvp arenas. I see them all the time, They need to be banned. It is too much to stop and open tickets while you are about to pvp.

They are just power leveling farm bots obviously and need to be banned.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    makes me laugh, called it botwars also earlier hehe.
    it realy is bad, below 60 you rarely see a team without bots. most of the time minimal 2, and then in both teams at the same time.
    so 2vs2 bots
    you`re right, it never changed, was always like that.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They need too add a "report cheater" option and possibly a "report afk" option in pvp arenas. I see them all the time, They need to be banned. It is too much to stop and open tickets while you are about to pvp.

actually you can report suspicious activity through the (H)elp option. that's about all you can do, though. you won't get any update of the actions that were taken based on your submission. it's not as easy as a click and i don't know that it will do anything other than possibly get that particular bot account banned, but it at least throws some kind of wrench in the botter's activities.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it wrong that some of the bots are better PvPers than some of the real people?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe I'm lucky or maybe because I've spent the last 2 weeks in mauritius but leveling from 1-46 purely in pvp I've barely seen any bots. Obviously I haven't played since the merge so that could be a factor, find out in a few days.

Level 6o bots is odd, I'm guessing they're bots which haven't been checked in on since hitting 60. Something should be done if it has gotten that bad, not that it will ever be rectified fully.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So what exactly is a "PVP bot"? When I see the term I think of some automated program that signs up a character for PVP and then does little else. (For the daily AD? For the glory? To manipulate team composition? Dunno.) Not someone who is using PVP to level-up, and therefore legitimately playing PVP matches, which I suppose if you are totally into PVP seems like a legitimate alternate leveling-up route instead of the PVE quests. Am I wrong?
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That would be abused constantly. How many players have grudges against other players that have killed them in PvP? How many will report their enemy every chance they get?
    pointsman wrote: »
    So what exactly is a "PVP bot"? When I see the term I think of some automated program that signs up a character for PVP and then does little else. (For the daily AD? For the glory? To manipulate team composition? Dunno.) Not someone who is using PVP to level-up, and therefore legitimately playing PVP matches, which I suppose if you are totally into PVP seems like a legitimate alternate leveling-up route instead of the PVE quests. Am I wrong?

My best guess is that they're run by Cryptic so queue times are shorter.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I would like to know this as well. What exactly is a PvP Bot?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They always run to only point B. They use only 1 at-will but will attack if the person is impeding their path. They're never geared, like it will throw it's at will at you but do like 2 damage. It never mounts. Also will never leave a match even if everyone else did 5 minutes ago.

That's my only experience with a bot. Happened like a week ago. It was a TR.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • annaomisannaomis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I tried pvp for the first time tonight. I might add that today was my first day playing NW period - so I am a **** to NW although I played GW1 (awesome) WoW (awesome sauce) and GW2 (a great pile of steaming poo and a total waste of my $). It's been a few years since I played any of those though - well with the exception of the overheated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is GW2... Anyway... The description of bot sounded like what I tried (same few moves I had, doing minimal damage and basically getting my buttocks handed to me)...
    So... from a **** perspective...

1- for those of you with the ability, beef up the wiki for info on what to do to be successful. Use small words so us uniniated can understand. I mean really, spell it all out.
    2- to the creators of the game - SERIOUSLY. Drop the lvl 15 restriction of PMs in game. I tried to message the ONE player who stuck it out with me til the end of the match - a.to apologize for being lame, b. - to say thanks for sticking it out, and c.- i may have gotten a pointer or two. Some of my best experiences with online gaming have been people who helped me when i was a **** and me being able to pay it forward when i gained the know-how to help others in that boat. On that note, i come to point
    3- players who drop out of situations (in the past this has held true for raid/dungeon type instances as well as pvp...) YOU want better teams for this? Instead of dropping because you are loosing, try helping a poor player out? And remrmber some folks might not have their eye on the text box... Don't shout or degrade, offer some useful advice. Just a thought there.

Actually that sums up my thoughts thusfar. Sorry for any typos, I tapped this whole darn post out on my tablet...
  • annaomisannaomis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    N.O.O.B is a bad word? That is what got bleeped in my post...
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    That would be abused constantly. How many players have grudges against other players that have killed them in PvP? How many will report their enemy every chance they get?

My best guess is that they're run by Cryptic so queue times are shorter.

Obviously Cryptic would think of this and hand out temp bans for abusing this feature. Is there really any other answer? Besides Cryptic detecting the 3rd party program and automatically banning them? Because they would just find ways around the detection system. So having players report it would probably be more reliable in the long run.

Either that or just ignore it and deal with it until it ruins pvp altogether. The best option to add would be...

At the end of the round ONLY, you could right click the players name and report "Suspected Cheater" then a dialog box would pop up with some options on how the player is cheating.(botting/hacking/etc...) then a warning that states abuse of this feature could get YOU a temp ban. Say 1 day - 1 week depending on how often this player is abusing the feature.

Simple fix. the only issue is the manpower to investigate these reports. I would do it free...ok maybe for some diamonds 8)

But seriously most reports could be ignored since the pure numbers of reports would be much higher for actual cheaters.
  • neskolfneskolf Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2013
    They always run to only point B. They use only 1 at-will but will attack if the person is impeding their path. They're never geared, like it will throw it's at will at you but do like 2 damage. It never mounts. Also will never leave a match even if everyone else did 5 minutes ago.

That's my only experience with a bot. Happened like a week ago. It was a TR.

I've seen several bots in 40-49 and 50-59 matches this past week. They all exhibit the above behavior and all of them have been TRs. Also, none of them take the time to tell me how much I suck at PvP, so that clinches it. :)
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that some of the bots are better PvPers than some of the real people?

no it`s the truth ;p
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

Lol so true! I prefer a bot to someone that dies one time, yells at other team that they are cheaters/P2W/hackers/exploiters/**** because they have good gear, and then leave the game.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • bjortheredbjorthered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    At least they don't AFK within the first minute of the match if they aren't winning.
    Someone of the play better than real players too. lol
    In fact, they keep the other team busy at 2.

However, I don't condone botting by any means.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, moving this topic to Gameplay from General shows exactly how much Cryptic cares about this issue.

Why I'm so stupid and trying to help you by reporting all those pvp and pve bots since release? :mad: