test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is the "PVP" atm

darken182darken182 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I just got to lvl 60 in my first char and I was so happy that I could finally wear my epic stuff and my pvp set.

The only reason I joined this game is cause I love to PVP and for me it was going fine, untill level 60... :(

I feel a complete idiot for wasting some money on an epic mount to use in PVP matches, cause at lvl 60 THERE IS NO PVP!!

All the times I joined the arena it was either on a team spawncamping untill the enemy team went all AFK or was the AFK team side, why in the hell would someone kill all the fun you have in the game just to get a #1 on a scoreboard.
Untill level 60 I thought control wizzards were a pain in the *** in PVP cause of the 100% stunlocks but now I see the problem is even worse...

So someone that is PVPing for longer time than me could give me some hope? Or should I just quit now? Cause honestly I never completed a dungeon, PVP is all what i'm here for...
Post edited by darken182 on

Comments

• Options
    cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    join a guild and go to play with some premades, and you will see the pvp completely different than a pug game. Since server merge tho, i have loads of fun playing pug as overall, player skill seem to improved and they actually stayed till the end, until this morning. If you like pvp, premade v premade is loads and loads of fun and you should try it.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's luck of the draw, really. Sometimes, you'll get matched up against a similar team and it's pretty dang fun. However, you can also get matched up against a guild group that exploited AH or some such back in the day and are wearing perfect enchants and all rank 10s. Then you either leave or get instakilled for the duration of the match.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol b/c everyone with good gear must have cheated right? There's maybe 5 people in the game with R10 everything I'd say...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol b/c everyone with good gear must have cheated right? There's maybe 5 people in the game with R10 everything I'd say...

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are many folks that have perfects and 10's. Either legit or thru nefarious means. You then toss skill out the window unless your team is as geared as their team.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Level 60 PVP is not for casual players, I'd say. I'd PVE until you can get some decent gear (at least a full T2 set and rank 5s, minimum), and then bounce between PVE and PVP. Join a PVP guild. Learn from others. Pugs will always have the disadvantage in 60 PVP.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd gladly wager that out of the people who do have all rank 10s, the majority is either from an exploit (old AH bug or coal ward bug), or through botting.

There are probably a few who spent hundreds of dollars and a few who have no life and farmed all day and night. But it's safe to say that the legit ones are far more rare than otherwise.

In any case, when you run into a group of these guys, you might as well be beating your head into the wall if you plan on sticking around for the "fight". Being vastly out geared in pvp leads to the opposite of fun and mitigates a lot of skill factor.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Usually when we go up against weaker teams and some people drop we offer 1 v 1 and cap swapping so that we all can get glory.

I am liking that more folks are catching on to that and are offering 1 v 1 and cap swapping when I am in a pug that hits a premade and everyone but me drops.

Edit: PVP is a blast, winning or losing, when you have a decent guild or group of friends.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I'd gladly wager that out of the people who do have all rank 10s, the majority is either from an exploit (old AH bug or coal ward bug), or through botting.

There are probably a few who spent hundreds of dollars and a few who have no life and farmed all day and night. But it's safe to say that the legit ones are far more rare than otherwise.

Definitely this.

This is why Dev's need to look at every account where there are character or characters with this on the AD / Zen came and went from.

Since there are not many of these characters around, this shouldnt be a very hard task.
  • Options
    darken182darken182 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know it's easier to get a good team and make like a premade pvp, but the fact is all the fun is when you get a random team and still have a good match..
    The queue must be improved a lot, it's not even funny when all your team have 4k- GS than you, or when you are matched against a TOP TOP geared CW.. Not trying to cry about other classes, but cmon all the stuns of a wizzard can hit you from across the map...
    Another thing is to have ranks in PVP, so if you get the lowest score on a match 10 times(for example) you'll get droped to an "easier" match with players with the same ranks as you.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tbh GS is a terrible indicator if someone is good or not; Just because you have 12k+ GS does not mean you will be good at pvp; I've seen low GS ppl beat higher GS ppl many times simply by outplaying them using their skills and not wasting cooldowns; also, you need to be aware of points being capped and such. A good system might be to have queues based on the number of pvp matches you have played or something b/c that indicated experience
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    to be honest the simple fix would be a guild vs guild que and a random que but remove the team join option from random. then you got your premades in one q and casuals in the other it's not that hard.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    there`s almost no pvp below 60 ;p only botwars. which makes the pvp pve
    they better delete pvp bg`s under 60 and make open world pvp.