Instructions to set up your mousewheel for camera zoom

2»

Comments

• nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good stuff.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • lordnewsunlordnewsun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So does bind_load_file not work anymore? I cannot seem to get that part to work.
  • boudreauxxboudreauxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordnewsun wrote: »
    So does bind_load_file not work anymore? I cannot seem to get that part to work.

It still works, I just came across this thread today and set it up exactly like he said as well as adding zoom out to 100 and everything works fine.

Edit: I figured I should post where I set it up as it looks that some people are not putting it in the right directory.

Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\keybinds
    - With 15 .txt files from fov30-fov100 in +5 increments

Good luck..

BTW OP, this guide is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    boudreauxx wrote: »
    It still works, I just came across this thread today and set it up exactly like he said as well as adding zoom out to 100 and everything works fine.

Edit: I figured I should post where I set it up as it looks that some people are not putting it in the right directory.

Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\keybinds
    - With 15 .txt files from fov30-fov100 in +5 increments

Good luck..

BTW OP, this guide is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Glad it's still good, and useful for someone :D I wonder if they'll ever add an actual zoom, I never figured out why it wasn't there to begin with.
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how is this going to work now that Never winter introduced Arc and completely changed the directory on fresh installs?, where do you place the keybind directory now and does it still work?

have to reinstall so waiting to test, gonna make a back up of the whole game this time so I don't have to reinstall if things go wrong
  • frenshkiss69frenshkiss69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wanted to let you know that I was successful in this view change thanks to your steps. Thank you for taking the time to help in this. I am used to games where this is done for my automatically or we have choices of different game-play options. This was my first and so far only programming job for me even. I realize it was a copy paste but you still make me go to bed smarter. Thank you so much for making my life easier in this wonderful game. :)

Sincerely,
    Iz
  • mackdajackmackdajack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome stuff. Thanks for the instruction. Easy to follow, and even better; it works perfectly. Sticky?
    GWF thread QFT
    "This HAMSTER we got now where 2dc/2cw/1tr clear epic T2 then sell the stuff on AH while we pull our puds has got to stop."
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nymbyl wrote: »
    how is this going to work now that Never winter introduced Arc and completely changed the directory on fresh installs?, where do you place the keybind directory now and does it still work?

have to reinstall so waiting to test, gonna make a back up of the whole game this time so I don't have to reinstall if things go wrong

I haven't done any reinstalls myself, so my directory structure for Neverwinter is same as it's always been. That said, I assume the 'keybinds' directory should still be placed in the same directory where the GameClient.exe is. If I'm wrong, then hopefully someone who is actually using a new, different directory structure will correct me.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been looking to this forever! Turns out the great mystery that I couldn't resolve for myself lies in the $$ operand LOL! The guide was a neat bonus. Cheers mate!
  • verpal#9078 verpal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just in case that someone is still using this guide, I can confirm that this file still work as intended, and I made an extended version of it to make the transition smoother.

If btw, it sounds really stupid, but one of the starter error will be putting in fov60.txt .txt, instead of just fov60.txt, beware, that the last (.txt) is the extension name, merely indicate that it is a simple text file.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    This thread is magic to anyone that wants to learn about bindings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!