test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HV fix to gwfs

rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Now with the HV getting fixed boss fights will take a bit longer, and nobody wants to stay long in a dumb dungeon with mediocre loot. This affects the gwfs somehow cause people will always go for a faster route, like in CN for example you can do 1 gwf 3 cw 1 dc but with the HV only having 3 max stacks the draco fight will take a bit longer, so people will just take a TR to burn the boss faster, lineups will be 2 TR 2 CW 1DC / 1TR 3CW 1DC, no place for a lonely gwf!! (and gfs)

so i suggest a buff on gwf! (Pve Aspect, specially the destroyer tree):
Destroyer's purpose - grants 5% crit severity when unstoppable is active
Focused Destroyer - upon reaching 3 stacks, removes the damage penalty for hitting multiple enemies
Weapon Master - upon reaching max stack, adds 5% crit severity
Battle Fury - now buffs the whole party and adds 5% crit severity
Not so fast - can now hit up to 8 enemies
Slam - the damage will be returned to pre-feywild patch, will deal 100%-40% depending on how close you are to the enemy, 100% closest 40% farthest, can now hit up to 8 enemies
Crescendo - will now add 15% damage per rank
Indomitable Battle Strike - the highest damage encounter of gwf which is still mediocre compared to other classes' encounters, Deals 10% more damage when it crits
Deep Gash - will now deal 20% of your power as damage over 5 seconds

Thank you and have a nice day! :cool:
INB4 "GWF IS FINE AS IT IS" :mad:
Post edited by rki2 on

Comments

• chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    GWf is fine as it is. I shelved him and play a CW now, no need to change him.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait, since when do you take a gwf to cn? Anybody else see he said cn party is a gwf 3 cw and a dc?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait, since when do you take a gwf to cn? Anybody else see he said cn party is a gwf 3 cw and a dc?

You'd be a bad player if you refuse good GWFs for CN. They perform very good, just as fine as a TR if not better - if the guy knows what he's doing. I'm saying this as a CW that had the pleasure to run CN with a few amazing GWFs.

IMO CWs are fine right now, and GWFs are fine just as well. Used to think they need a PvE buff, but after seeing the good ones putting huge numbers and being a very nice group asset, I'm starting to think the ones that can't perform either have no gear, are PvP specced/geared, or have bad spec/itemization overall..
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    GWFs can die/release as much as he wants in draco fights :o (If ya know what i mean)
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rki2 wrote: »
    GWFs can die/release as much as he wants in draco fights :o (If ya know what i mean)
    So can TRs :P

with 70 stacks of HV single target dps is irrelevant. a cleric can kill draco in minutes (or, you know, the 3 cws). our group make ups are 3cw, 1 dc, and 1 runner. runner is either TR, GF, or GWF. (though I only know 2 GFs good enough to do the tr runs in CN, any gwf can do them)

the OP is right though, now once HV change goes through, groups will be 1 TR, 3 CW, 1 DC. or 2 TR, 2 CW, 1 DC. sorry gf/gwfs.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    rki2 wrote: »
    so i suggest a buff on gwf!

*Dev reads the forum* "And here they go again!" *Dev yawns*
    English is not my first language.
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    *Dev reads the forum* "And here they go again!" *Dev yawns*

*e-slaps the devs*
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    lol fixing HV just means that now you have 1 HV CW for debuff and 1 SW CW for lifesteal/crit severity.

It didn't magically make GWF useful =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    lol fixing HV just means that now you have 1 HV CW for debuff and 1 SW CW for lifesteal/crit severity.

It didn't magically make GWF useful =P

It didn't, but with the HV stacks that goes through the roof you can just have any class as 4th n 5th member as long as theres a runner in the group, even DC's crit for beyond 100k to draco. With HV fix having a group without TRs will result to long draco fights, therefor resulting in no-gwfs/gfs cn group.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still avoid Gwf. It may has some use in pvp.