What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Shard Outage 10/5/2013

Comments

• Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2013
    Rollback to caturday, since we cannot be sure the patch installed that day wasn't secretly the cause of this incident.

Should we really be opening another thread about this though? We already had a nice and tidy one. I'm guessing that whenever some information is available, they'll post it on twitter or the forums.
  • Options
    reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    heh, so much rage over an unplanned and unintentional technical snafu. What do you folks do when your cell phone drops signal -- firebomb the pentagon?

Sucks that it's on the weekend, though. I find it incredible that there is no personnel on site to feed the hamster.

i loled at this so hard..... :)
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pwe is getting an employee out of the bar to push the restart button of the shard.
  • Options
    evxlonewolfevxlonewolf Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i loled at this so hard..... :)

I know thats epic lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forsaken Angels Veteran Scorpion
  • Options
    mospeda1mospeda1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    last boss SP .. tell me about it , ****
  • Options
    zaemealzzyzxzaemealzzyzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same in Karru and Server went down, in fact there were issues with this and disconnecting last night when playing... although that was disconnect, re-connect and repeat several times... hmmm... I think we should all get a little inconvenience gift for these occurences...
  • Options
    phearbot13phearbot13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Launcher has the following text now:

"Dragon is currently down. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible"

At least it's something.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my cell hardly ever drops unless I don't have good bars, and when it does I can reconnect the call within seconds. the entire network certainly never goes down for an entire weekend.
  • Options
    captainpauluscaptainpaulus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    whole nevberwinter server still down cant get to character selection part
  • Options
    javibernajaviberna Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "A shard is currently offline. Characters on Dragon will not be listed above"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    javiberna2 wrote: »
    "A shard is currently offline. Characters on Dragon will not be listed above"

We know this...can someone awnser why instead of posting the same stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    anderolanderol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "A shard is currently offline. Characters on Dragon will not be listed above" It says this.
  • Options
    microsorummicrosorum Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Guys how long is server down few hours or ?
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We know this...can someone awnser why instead of posting the same stuff

someone must have trip over a wire on the servers.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    2 million players are waiting.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Heh, so much rage over an unplanned and unintentional technical SNAFU. What do you folks do when your cell phone drops signal -- firebomb the Pentagon?

Sucks that it's on the weekend, though. I find it incredible that there is no personnel on site to feed the hamster.

"unplanned and unintentional" I love how assumptions go both ways :p We have NO idea what is going on, the datacenter might be on fire, power outage, or the sysop decided to go on strike for having to work on saturday and pulled the plug.

And no, I'm not trying to say that we should blame someone, since it probably is just some technical glitch that will be sorted out soon enough. Both rage and calm are built on assumptions, and as long as we're not informed we can twist it any way we want to :p
  • Options
    axelvdnedermolenaxelvdnedermolen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    about 1 hour
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    entalyan wrote: »
    "unplanned and unintentional" I love how assumptions go both ways :p We have NO idea what is going on, the datacenter might be on fire, power outage, or the sysop decided to go on strike for having to work on saturday and pulled the plug.

And no, I'm not trying to say that we should blame someone, since it probably is just some technical glitch that will be sorted out soon enough. Both rage and calm are built on assumptions, and as long as we're not informed we can twist it any way we want to :p

yup or someone has been murdered inside the office. :P
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    microsorum wrote: »
    Guys how long is server down few hours or ?

No idea, your guess is as good as any body elses, Theres been no official info or update at all which is inspiring
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    anderol wrote: »
    "A shard is currently offline. Characters on Dragon will not be listed above" It says this.

I like how you can see SOMETHING is happening by logging in once in a while. A few minutes ago the service that provided the character-lists was online, and showed all characters. Now it's not again. Before that the entire login process was blocked.
    Someone seems to be doing something to the system, and I can only assume that is good news.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone bother to read previous posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    yup or someone has been murdered inside the office. :P

Possibly a hamster.
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    about 1 hour

its been down an hour already
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Reading is for chumps. There's 21 pages here already, if I wanted to read a book I wouldn't be yelling at the internet to get my game working again! ;)
  • Options
    zaemealzzyzxzaemealzzyzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And ~500,000 have paid >$150.00 on this free game and should really not have to experience things of this nature, especially on a weekend.....!!!!!

Albeit they're working on it, one would think there would be several back up/roll over methods in place to keep us all up, running, gaming and spending money! ;-) Just a thought!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Reading is for chumps. There's 21 pages here already, if I wanted to read a book I wouldn't be yelling at the internet to get my game working again! ;)

but noones posting anything usefull
    10 pages of 'Dragon shard is down sorry for the inconvience"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013
    Possibly a hamster.

LOL.

Or murder BY hamster. Caturday 2: The Reckoning.
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't get this the Server seem's currently available i can see my character's but when i try to pick my player it said "Server is currently unavailable" getting close to available again ?
  • Options
    cowrdlycowrdly Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it's back on
    - Dragon Shard -
    Leigh Quickfoot@cowrdly TR lvl 40
    Virtua@cowrdly CW lvl 17
  • Options
    reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013

why in the world would we do that? LMAO... well i did read previous ones lol but cant tell you if others have lmao. :)