test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dialogue Properties Box

raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
Hey Cryptic folks!

Any chance we could get the dialogue prompt property box to appear in the middle of the screen?

Used to be that it would appear anchored to the left hand edge of the dialogue node. That was ... kind of annoying, but you got used to it.

Then, with Feywild, someone decided to make the change and throw it on the right hand side of the dialogue node. Understandable, because now it doesn't obscure any of the dialogue box that it's purporting to be the properties of.

Problem is, that makes it highly inconvenient to add even 3 or 4 optional responses.

Go ahead, try it. I'll wait...

... See? You add the 3rd, or maybe the 4th, and suddenly the property box has completely vanished. Then you have to drag the screen sideways, and then click the node again.

And for dialogue nodes that are already wide, it's a true pain in the proverbial. I have a conversation in my first quest that scrolls sideways for the width of around 11 or 12 screens. If I want to edit the first node in that conversation, I have to scroll aaaaallllllll the way over to the right, and then scroll aaaaaalllllll the way back over to the left, if I want to edit the NPC prompt to the first PC response.

So pretty please, it'd be fantastic if the prompt property box simply appeared in the center of the screen, no matter where the left or right sides of the prompt were!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raphaeldisanto on

Comments

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would actually help if they brought back the zoom functionality. The dialogue editor was dramatically different back in the beta, and while the change was an overall improvement, we did lose some handy features, among them the stuff that would have solved the issue you're having. While the current solution is easy to understand, it can be really hard to work with for anything except small dialogues.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh, we used to have zoom in the dialogue editor?

I've been asking for that for .. well.. ever since I got my first toon to 15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]