test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disabling used responses in a looping dialog?

kethramkethram Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
I'm new to the Foundry and working on my first quest. For a lot of problems I ran in to I've found the solutions here on the forum, but one thing I still can't figure out.

I have a dialog with a NPC where the player can ask multiple questions. After each answer I'm looping back to the start of the dialog so the player can ask the next question from the list.
This works fine, but I would like to disable the questions already asked so they can't be asked again. I've seen this in some quests I played, but I can't remember if those were Criptic or Foundry.

So, can someone please tell me if it is possible to do this (and how) or not?
Or maybe this is one of those things that don't work in the Foundry itself but will work just fine after publishing?
It's not a big problem if it can't be done, just that it would look much better if it can.
Post edited by kethram on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It can be done by choosing to "Disable" responses at a certain "dialogue prompt." But... it can only be done when the NPC is not an objective. If the quest objective tells you to talk to the NPC, you can't do it this way. :(
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Exactly what zbkolde said.

Non-objective conversations are actually pretty flexible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The reason for this restriction in quest objective dialogues is probably to protect us from accidentally "locking" the conversation if the player selects something unexpected, particularly in complex dialogues. Even the best of us could end up creating a neverending loop that would make it impossible to complete our quests if this restriction wasn't there.