What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats your GearScore?

2»

Comments

• kacildzkacildz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    17,6k guardian fighter
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Almost 12k on my main, a DC. Which is probably more than plenty since I don't care about group dungeons. Yeah, I'm weird like that, playing a MMO all by my lonesome. :P
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    /Facepalm

Are you going to be supplying your password as well? Because that is going to be the ONLY way anyone is going to be able to use the gateway to see it.

Personally, I agree with most of what you have been saying. But simple, easy, gaffs like this. Do little to help your credibility.

Anyone can view anyones character on the gateway, without knowing their password. You'll need to log into your own account, but after you've done so:
    1. Simply go to your character sheet, then edit the url: replace your name and handle with Axer@axer128. My character will display for you. Keep in mind the gateways a bit buggy in the stats it displays, so it won't match ingame, but it's still useful so you can review my gear is you wish. (I've had it list my stats at like several million once hehe)

But yea it's a pretty cool relatively unknown feature. They should probably document it and make a ui for it so you dont have to go url editing.

And really not sure how replying to a post that asks gearscore, with my actual gearscore and a SS qualifies as a "gaff". Or really what that slang even means.

Also really don't care about my forum credibility. Maybe I cared years ago back in my ddo days where I had a huge following, but i'm long past that. My purpose here is purely for entertainment and knowledge, nothing more.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kacildz wrote: »
    17,6k guardian fighter

Nice. Got a screenshot of your char sheet?
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Enough to get the job done, but not enough to impress anyone.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    And I thought I was pretty epic with my 12.5k Control Wizard. :D
    Ah well... I'm just playing PVE so it's more than enough to tackle Fomorians and raise my harem of female companions... ^^
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Anyone can view anyones character on the gateway, without knowing their password. You'll need to log into your own account, but after you've done so:
    1. Simply go to your character sheet, then edit the url: replace your name and handle with Axer@axer128. My character will display for you. Keep in mind the gateways a bit buggy in the stats it displays, so it won't match ingame, but it's still useful so you can review my gear is you wish. (I've had it list my stats at like several million once hehe)

But yea it's a pretty cool relatively unknown feature. They should probably document it and make a ui for it so you dont have to go url editing.

And really not sure how replying to a post that asks gearscore, with my actual gearscore and a SS qualifies as a "gaff". Or really what that slang even means.

Also really don't care about my forum credibility. Maybe I cared years ago back in my ddo days where I had a huge following, but i'm long past that. My purpose here is purely for entertainment and knowledge, nothing more.

You are correct, I was mistaken.

That said, i'm unsure if it is a legitimate feature or just another glitch. And as you said, not commonly known. It kinda makes your whole initial mention of it, odd. Considering even you admit, most people arn't aware of it, your initial offer to have folks "check it out" still seems a little misplaced.

Perhaps not as much of a "gaff" as I initially assumed. But still an oversight. This and your previous insistence on dark utility enchants adding to gear score was mostly what I was commenting on.
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Perhaps not as much of a "gaff" as I initially assumed. But still an oversight. This and your previous insistence on dark utility enchants adding to gear score was mostly what I was commenting on.

I don't consider a single mention an "insistence".

And the fact it doesn't is just a clear bug anyways, everything that has a direct numerical value should be added. Actually things that don't like tenebrous should too.

I think with my tenebrous set added, my gear score should be around 25,000 heh. At least in pvp.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    CharacterSheet_zpse94f11a4.png
  • michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited October 2013
    Holy sh***** nice GS big guy.
    sirjesto wrote: »
    CharacterSheet_zpse94f11a4.png
  • sokarrostausokarrostau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 45
    edited October 2013
    After having a look at Axer's character, and then back at mine, I think it's worth pointing out that the Gateway isn't displaying things properly and should only be used as a rough guide... at best.

Gear Score isn't displaying at all. Axer's AC is entirely missing and while I was initially surprised at his low HP, my HP is displaying as over 3k less than what it actually is. In fact, I don't know what the hell is going on with the displayed HP at all since he has lower Con than I do but has 1k more HP, and dis/counting enchantments does not reconcile the numbers since I end up with 100 more HP from those sources than he does. Also, though it probably needn't be said, Reckless Attacker is not being calculated into the display of Power, and there's no way in hell he has almost 17k GS without that.

Actually, after going back to his initial post and screenshot, the numbers displayed in the Gateway are wildly different to those on his screenshot. His HP is 6k lower on the Gateway. Gateway Power of 4333 adds up to 8666 after Reckless Attacker, yet his screenshot shows 10061 (which is 5030.5 real Power). The screenshot shows 1148 ArPen, and was a subject of discussion in this thread, and yet the Gateway shows exactly 0 ArPen... And Dex does not increase a GF's ArPen, it contributes directly to Resistance Ignored* (sidenote: what potion gives you +1 Dex??). 4278 Def on Screenshot, 3580 on Gateway.

I really don't know what is going on at the Gateway, but I suspect that some things are not being displayed at all and other things are not being displayed for people other than the owner when viewing the page. My Def in-game, for example, is 4614, but it's showing as 4480 on the Gateway. My Power, on the other hand, both in-game and on Gateway, is the same (1900).

Something is wrong on the Gateway, it just doesn't add up.

*ArPen is not Resistance Ignored, it is only a part of it. 1% ArPen translates into 1% Resistance Ignored. Every point of Dex above 10 (for a GF) adds an additional 1% to Resistance Ignored. Adding ArPen and Dex together will give you your Resistance Ignored total (I'm unsure if there are other sources). With an ArPen of around 1000 it is very easy to confuse how things work:
    1050 ArPen = 10% Resitance Ignored
    12 Dex = 2% Resistance Ignored
    Total 12%
    If you had 0 ArPen, however, it is very easy to see:
    0 ArPen = 0% Resistance Ignored
    12 Dex = 2% Resistance Ignored
    Total 2%
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I leveled a DC to 60 using invocation and leadership and it has a 7k GS. All blues and rank 4 enchants. I took it to Feywild today for the heck of it and it was still way too easy.
    edited October 2013
    Actually, after going back to his initial post and screenshot, the numbers displayed in the Gateway are wildly different to those on his screenshot.

Nah clearly they are the same, the gateway works awesomely, here's how it shows for me:
    dvaz.jpg

Yea. that 100% how it show sfor me. Not an edited screenshot.

Heh yea clearly the stats on the gateway don't work at all, period.

The reason I mentioned how to use it, is it does show my correct/current gear, and unlike the screenshot - you can view all of my enchantments that way too. The stats displayed are best ignored. I've seen all kinds of crazy show up there, never accurate.

My actual hp, unbuffed is 33k. In my first screenshot I'm using my 100% sustainable buffs: Watermelon (I've like a thousand of them) and Flask of Protection (got about 100 atm, but lvl20 alchemy and i make them all the time, so no chance of running out). Don't think i used a flask of potency, but i can maintain those too.

Also have a big supply of many others potions, not all sustainable. But wit them all combined, i hit 38.6k hp, which make my tenebrous mess ppl up =)
    edited October 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I leveled a DC to 60 using invocation and leadership and it has a 7k GS. All blues and rank 4 enchants. I took it to Feywild today for the heck of it and it was still way too easy.

I think the devs playtest it with all whites, around 4k gearscore.

I've seen some real players, not bots, with as low as 6k all greens in pvp at 60 tho..

But yea, it's retardedly easy, same with nearly everything aside from a few epics. They really need to add difficulty settings.. So us insanely geared guys can have some fun too.
  • kacildzkacildz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cretino.jpg
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    One: Your comment is off topic. If you wish be included in this conversation. At least post you're gear score along with your thoughts

Two: This is my second level 60. I have been playing this one full time recently and haven't been able to gear him up all the way properly. So I haven't been playing him since launch. I played a CW.

he`s very on topic, gs means nothing.
    also, weapon. armor enchants don`t get calculated in it.
    they still have to fix rhis whole gs thing ;p
    it`s kind of useless people telling their gs while lfg.
    but because everyone does it and everyone wants to hear i type mine too ;p
    but ok, weap enchants, feats, playstyle matter so much. and make so much difference.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    After having a look at Axer's character, and then back at mine, I think it's worth pointing out that the Gateway isn't displaying things properly and should only be used as a rough guide... at best.
    <snip>
    Something is wrong on the Gateway, it just doesn't add up.

It is simple: Gateway does not show the stats gained from Companions, Buffs or Feats. This includes HP, e.g. Toughness feat. It is exclusively stats from gear and base attributes like CON on HP.

So, the only bug on Gateway is that it sometimes does not display a stat like AC and its decimals can get screwed up, otherwise it is accurate and real time.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Between 10.3k and 14.3k for my L60s.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    It is simple: Gateway does not show the stats gained from Companions, Buffs or Feats. This includes HP, e.g. Toughness feat. It is exclusively stats from gear and base attributes like CON on HP.

So, the only bug on Gateway is that it sometimes does not display a stat like AC and its decimals can get screwed up, otherwise it is accurate and real time.
    Yea sure that definitely explains my gateway screenshot.. Or not, I don't actually 2 billion power without my companion, buffs or feats. It's usually only 1 billion.

The gateway is ultra bugged in the figures it displays, it doesn't even show base gear correctly.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Yea sure that definitely explains my gateway screenshot.. Or not, I don't actually 2 billion power without my companion, buffs or feats. It's usually only 1 billion.

The gateway is ultra bugged in the figures it displays, it doesn't even show base gear correctly.

I did say the decimals get screwed up - you know, move the decimal to the left 6 places or whatever to get their usual values...

What is "base gear"?