test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

problem sending mail to my own account after patch

petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I just logged on after the patch to move my items around from my different characters. After successfully sending out crafting assets(mercs) a few times I noticed whenI loaded my 5 items and hit send it would look like it was working, but my items never left my inventory. I did not count how many times I was able to send before it stopped working and I assumed a restart would fix it.

After restarting the client I was able to send 1 more message to myself with 5 items(enchantments), but then it stopped working again. I always keep my mailbox pretty clean and have not done anything different from what was working fine yesterday.

Is this some new limit or something? An error message would be very helpful :)
Post edited by petestarks on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you have a lot of attachments in your mail? Best to make sure it isn't something involving the current limit to how many attachments you can have rather than a new bug.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There always was a cap on items you could have in the mailbox at one time, and when it's full, it behaves as you've described. I have never troubled myself to work out how many messages with attachments could be stored at once.

It sounds like you have a bunch of stuff currently in the mail without looting them?

I know that with my own mail being fairly cluttered at the moment, I could send exactly 4 messages with attachments to myself before capping out and needing to remove stuff. I'll have to see later if this is still the case. If not, it would indicate an altered cap.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I believe they may have lowered the cap with this patch(no limit listed anywhere so who knows?). I did not add anything extra there in the last 24 hours and then it started acting up. I would say if there is anything "bug" related it would be that it does not give a simply message saying the mailbox is full.

In closing yes it was too many attachments and yes I wish it displayed the limit or kicked out an error when you hit said magic limit :)
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I have 79 items in mail to myself. If they lowerd the cap, it seem bigger than 80 before.
  • danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    petestarks wrote: »
    I just logged on after the patch to move my items around from my different characters. After successfully sending out crafting assets(mercs) a few times I noticed whenI loaded my 5 items and hit send it would look like it was working, but my items never left my inventory. I did not count how many times I was able to send before it stopped working and I assumed a restart would fix it.

After restarting the client I was able to send 1 more message to myself with 5 items(enchantments), but then it stopped working again. I always keep my mailbox pretty clean and have not done anything different from what was working fine yesterday.

Is this some new limit or something? An error message would be very helpful :)

Please fix these, Many thanks