test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Savage Skull of Many Arrows visual orientation bug (?)

Comments

• ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know that right now there are a lot of bugs to squash just don't forget this one please
    edited September 2013
    any word for a Dev on this would be appreciated.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to chime in here: It is hardly a game-breaking issue but I would imagine it has to be relatively simple to fix (some part of the skull's mesh probably got wrongly assigned) and until it does get resolved this thing is sort of goofy and useless.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still wanting to see this fixed. Skull would look great, if it wasn't sideways.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • ny14jny14j Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This would defiantly be the best looking skin for the CW if oriented correctly
    edited September 2013
    Really want to use this skin.......
  • gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At this point, it's like some kind of evil joke, they seem to refuse to even acknowledge this thread. I will keep adding my two cents to it from time to time. Because like so many other people posting here, I would really like to use this, but won't do it until they fix it. So again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this problem, or at least acknowledge it and give us an ETA on the fix.

Thanks
    edited September 2013
    gorgaxx wrote: »
    At this point, it's like some kind of evil joke, they seem to refuse to even acknowledge this thread. I will keep adding my two cents to it from time to time. Because like so many other people posting here, I would really like to use this, but won't do it until they fix it. So again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this problem, or at least acknowledge it and give us an ETA on the fix.

We can hope. I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. Just don't know if eventually is in a month or two, or a year. lol
    edited September 2013
    I Wish it were sooner rather then later because there is an orb a book or the potentially awesome skull....
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there somewhere else this can be posted/reported to get some attention?

If this were a sword that had a graphic showing the character holding it by the pointy end you can bet it would be fixed by now. Can this PLEASE get fixed??
    edited September 2013
    Just want to mention that this is still an issue. However minor. Would like to get this fixed. Skull looks awesome. Just turned wrong.
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will be happy to attempt a screenshot of the graffics error but my primary character is a Control Wizard and I was really happy to get the skull skin drop from the Orc assault event. This is really the only thing I have ever attempted to transmute and considering the price of 60k I really felt over looked and frankly stupid when I transmuted the orb and the skull floats....sideways. Not to mention the usual graffics error where a ghost shape of the orb sometimes appears in your hand, the skull floating sideways just kind of made me feel jipped.

I am hopeful that you guys in the bug department would work a fix, and maybe not make the fix erase my skin so I can keep the cool skull skin for my orb?

Thank you,
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll add my request for this fix also. This has been reported in several threads started right after the event but there has been no response from any dev that I've seen. This has been for how many months now? The CW skull orb award was truly awesome looking but NO ONE wants to use it since it currently looks absolutely stupid with the skull lying on its side. BTW I personally had to run the event over 40 times before I got the skull award. So far mostly wasted time.

If this cannot be/will not be fixed then PLEASE post that info and those of us that have saved this item since the Orc Assault special event can get rid of a useless item that COULD HAVE BEEN great.

PLEASE SOME RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yah I have to add my voice to this... My poor wizard looks kinda silly with the "drunken" skull floating around :( (not to mention its plague fire enchant effect floating elsewhere sigh)
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
    edited September 2013
    I see the diverse start up threads on this one subject keep getting merged. I have no problem with that....makes sense.

However...those mods who are doing the merging...any chance you can get us an answer on this? Thanks.
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    glacest wrote: »
    I see the diverse start up threads on this one subject keep getting merged. I have no problem with that....makes sense.

However...those mods who are doing the merging...any chance you can get us an answer on this? Thanks.

I'm just worried that if they do fix it they may erase my transmutation and the skin will vanish.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please fix the skull! This can't be that hard! 5 pages full of posts... why is there still no attention?
    edited September 2013
    Still no comment whatsoever from any dev or mod as to whether this can be/will be fixed. This going to be swept under the rug with the rest of the old bugs still awaiting a fix?

Disappointing to say the least since this was supposed to be a special award/drop during a special event. So much for "special" events and awards.:mad:
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Sigh... still nothing... not a word. I will add some pictures so you can see how "special" I feel with this skin :c
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They can't even seem to fix the dungeon queue's, something I would consider to be one of the most important, and fundamental features of this game, so I am starting to suspect we don't have a prayer of this visual issue ever getting fixed. I am starting to lose interest in this game, and faith in it's creators. I wish I could get a refund of all the money I have spent on it.
    edited September 2013
    So still politely asking here. Will there be a fix for this bug that has been around for going on two months or not? Six pages here asking for a fix.

Any response from a mod or devs?
  • altorothaltoroth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, can we please have this fixed. It's been broken for some time now.
    edited September 2013
    Still asking for at least an acknowledgment that the devs are aware of this bug and if any fix is planned. Anything?

Helloooo devs and mods.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    edited October 2013
    Still no response from any dev or mod on this bug. Starting to assume this is being deliberately ignored. "Special rewards" from events aren't very special if they don't work properly. :(
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice, someone actually made a thread about it. The funny thing is, I started to get this on my CW's orb after putting Lesser Terror enchant in. It was not re-skinned, normal grym-coin orb and it already had this issue. Then I had an idea it might go away after I transmuted it to skull. It didn't. The point is, that issue isn't necessarily connected to the skull skin. I had it before transmutation, so I blame sharding process and different visual effects different enchants should grant :/.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
    edited October 2013
    Any chance this could get fixed? Now that we have the second CTA out, would be nice.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Any chance this could get fixed? Now that we have the second CTA out, would be nice.

Agree , i think they had enough time. maybe they introduced a new CTA orb to take peoples minds off the last bugged old one ? i had my Savage orb sat in my bank for weeks hoping for a fix, its a awesome looking orb, but the with the animation showing it 'laid down' kind of makes it look realy stupid.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Bump...

At least I didn't pay to transmute. I waited until it was free, but it's still ridiculous.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep, first thing I did when the new CTA was launched was see if the skull had stopped napping: No such luck. :)