test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any authors makes Mods for NWN 1 or 2?

chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
I made a 800meg mod called "Dark Sun" aka a persistent world. They were called mods not foundrys. They would take months and months and months to complete. Some players had dev teams creating mods or PWs.

My Dark Sun mod had over 400 areas with main quests and side quest, Binding stones and 2 major cities. Also had hard core rules with thirst and hunger mods.

and I did it all with Lilac Soul Script Generator :)

I miss that script gen.
Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
Bojangles the Rat / NW-DHCBHZKIT
Flower Ninja / DW-DSKWY24OE
:p I make comedy foundrys :p
Post edited by chewdog888 on

Comments

• remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did make a few mods back in the day with a group of programmers, but they weren't that huge. With 400 areas you might as well release it as an expansion pack cause that is just awesome. If I remember correctly, max I've done were like 5 areas.
  • dragonzbane777dragonzbane777 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I helped create a PW for NWN1 and 2 of them for NWN2, the Talernon series of RP servers. It was a unique campaign setting with high magic, low items, slow leveling, and role-play. My dev/DM teams had between 6 and 12 people, and our servers had hundreds of areas and literally thousands of unique monsters, items, and scripting. At one point we had 20+ players on all the time, and DMs ran events with 10 players with insano DM controls, some KILLER stories got told over a few years with that game.

I only WISH I could do 1/10 of what you could do in that toolset!
  • mrgiggles55mrgiggles55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did make a few mods back in the day with a group of programmers, but they weren't that huge. With 400 areas you might as well release it as an expansion pack cause that is just awesome. If I remember correctly, max I've done were like 5 areas.
    400 areas isnt even all that large for a nwn1 pw. There are currently several servers with 2-3 thousand areas. There are single player modules with humdreds of areas for both nwn1 and 2.
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chewdog888 wrote: »
    Any authors makes mods for NWN 1 or 2

Being part of the NWN/NWN2 vault community since 2005, my educated guess is, that more than 75% of the Foundry quests are done by people who have allready been modding NWN/NWN2 in the past ;)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • mrgiggles55mrgiggles55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Being part of the NWN/NWN2 vault community since 2005, my educated guess is, that more than 75% of the Foundry quests are done by people who have allready been modding NWN/NWN2 in the past ;)
    Though i recognize you and Dragonsbane from Talernon, based on author names and the forum feedback in nwn forums, I doubt that.
  • chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    400 areas isnt even all that large for a nwn1 pw. There are currently several servers with 2-3 thousand areas. There are single player modules with humdreds of areas for both nwn1 and 2.

This is correct. I was speaking of my PW in nwn 2. Some of the NWN 1 mods were HUGE. I rolled the dice in my younger years playing the AD@D Dark Sun campaign/world. I dont think Dark Sun got enough credit back in the day. The Dragon Kings were awesome.

I played some PWs that you never seen all the content. I think you can download some of them now. A few players have there PWs for download at NWNvault. One of my fav websites.
    Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
  • dragonzbane777dragonzbane777 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Storyteller! You are the one who made all those custom creature mods? We used every single one on our server :)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I created some of the first NWN1 tutorial mods, scripts, and scripting manual (as "Korak") does that count?
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Storyteller! You are the one who made all those custom creature mods? We used every single one on our server :)
    I plead guilty in this case ;)
    Unfortunately I never played the Talernon PW for NWN2 but I spent *lots* of adventerous weekends on Talernon NWN (wheren't there even 2 Talernon Versions for NWN?)

The good old days *sigh*.....

And I still can't let go NWN. Atm I am working on a hak that makes several modern/SF haks compatible for d20 2.0
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chewdog888 wrote: »
    I dont think Dark Sun got enough credit back in the day. The Dragon Kings were awesome.

Dark sun is hands down my favorite campaign setting. One of my all time favorite p&p characters was a Dray Cleric of Dregoth / Defiler.

Now THAT was a fun character... I had a great time playing him, until he was drawn and quartered by the other members of my own party.

I still miss him.
  • chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Dark sun is hands down my favorite campaign setting. One of my all time favorite p&p characters was a Dray Cleric of Dregoth / Defiler.

Now THAT was a fun character... I had a great time playing him, until he was drawn and quartered by the other members of my own party.

I still miss him.

Dark Sun, where magic is outlawed and water is gold.

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2811118/Dark-Sun-AD-D-2nd-Edtion

The good ole days.
    Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I used to code for an NWN1 PW. I think a lot of us did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Coded and help build a NWN PW. Only released one thing onto the vault and that was a firework show that I created. Still love NWN and wish someone would of built a custom server to get around the limitations the game had.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    masterawol wrote: »
    Coded and help build a NWN PW. Only released one thing onto the vault and that was a firework show that I created. Still love NWN and wish someone would of built a custom server to get around the limitations the game had.
    Such as what? Nwn1 has servers with things like unlimited level caps and silly amounts of classes (more than 100), nwn2 got swimming, mounts, climbing, jumping, higher level caps, tons more classes etc. Nwnx is extremely powerful and flexible.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.