test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massively interview with Neverwinter Lead Producer, Andy Velasquez, about Module 2!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited October 2013 in News & Announcements
Massively interviews Andy Velasquez.

Learn more about Module 2, our next update, Foundry updates, lockboxes and other topics as Neverwinter Lead Producer, Andy Velasquez, interviews with Massively.

What are you excited for next for Module 2?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As for what's to come regarding the Foundry, Velasquez said that Cryptic is in the early stages of working on a home page to allow both creators and consumers a better way to search for and promote player content.

What could he mean by "home page"? A website I'm assuming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
  • Options
    lysylyalysylya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

More content and the new classes.

On the content front, I already miss the departure of the Midsummer Event and am hunting for more content. It's fortunate the Foundry exists to allow for some additional content, but to be honest, the Foundry content is truly only for lower level character progression and exploration since Foundry missions can't create treasure, can't specify more than a couple mobs, etc.
    Veteran MMO player; Veteran D&D Player
    From M59, UO EQ, & DaoC to the present
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lysylya wrote: »
    More content and the new classes.

On the content front, I already miss the departure of the Midsummer Event and am hunting for more content. It's fortunate the Foundry exists to allow for some additional content, but to be honest, the Foundry content is truly only for lower level character progression and exploration since Foundry missions can't create treasure, can't specify more than a couple mobs, etc.

Yea i have to agree. There must be some way to make the Foundry more attractive. Perhaps with some unique gear stuff only available in foundries.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    Yea i have to agree. There must be some way to make the Foundry more attractive. Perhaps with some unique gear stuff only available in foundries.

Foundry missions are great content but they do need fulfilling rewards. Even the do 4 x Foundries for AD is poor. Would rather get 1/4 of the AD for each mission, with Lord Neverember's bonus when you do 4.

But a 1 in 20 chance of a purple in a Foundry chest that can at least be salvaged would be good.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited September 2013
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away .... oh wait that's a different game. Well anyway, there was a time when the intention according to the devs touting the foundry to the masses before beta, that authors would have home pages within the game in which they could communicate with the players of their quests. I don't know if this is what they are talking about or not, but figured I would travel back on memory lane to pass that tidbit back into the ring. I'll see if I can still find any specific references to these comments. I actually hope that they have other plans as I feel that something bigger is required to solve the problem.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

"The team is working hard to get Module 2 out by the end of the year, and it sounds like it'll be a good-sized update. The biggest addition will be one of the two new classes that are in development, and while Velasquez wouldn't confirm what the class is, he said that players have data-mined the truth on the forums already (we're hearing "Warlock" and "Ranger" a lot, but take that with a grain of salt). He did wave a little plastic figure that represented the class in question, but it was so quick that all we can confirm is that it might or might not be shaped like a blob."

Was good and annoying:D

"The players have been a constant source of interest and inspiration to the team. One surprising observation was just how much the PvP community has embraced and played that side of the game while simultaneously calling for new maps and more progression."

Not sure how to feel about this.

"Ultimately, the studio wants lockboxes to have appropriate perceived value so that players don't feel bad spending money to open them -- and don't feel bad avoiding them altogether."

This is like dividing by zero, in that the two are almost certainly mutually exclusive to a majority of players.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    But a 1 in 20 chance of a purple in a Foundry chest that can at least be salvaged would be good.

the chance should reflect the average playtime of the mission. I would say (1-(2/3)^(# half hours spent in a foundry)) is the chance to find a purple t1

This gives for example:
    0.5 hour spent: 0.33 chance
    1 hour: 0.55
    1.5 hour: 0.70

ofc there can be values in between.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    the chance should reflect the average playtime of the mission.

Too easy to exploit. It would also need to take into consideration the number and difficulty of mobs killed.

What I would like to see added to foundries is:

1) More monster variety - there are multiple monsters that cannot be put in foundries - in some cases that is understandable - having a foundry filled with dragons would just be silly, but there are many other monsters where ther is no good reason to exclude them - and adding them would make it easier to make foundries that are better associated with specific zones.

2) Resource nodes .... but in order to prevent exploiting, the resource nodes should only be active if you have actually spent appropriate effort fighing your way tto them.

3) Bosses - allow one real "boss" per foundry, but have its drops depend on dumber/difficulty of other mobs killed.

4) Foundry-specific drops. ... some new enchantment shards, for example, with a tiny chance of dropping from the final chest.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Learn more about Module 2, our next update, Foundry updates, lockboxes and other topics as Neverwinter Lead Producer, Andy Velasquez, interviews with Massively.

Given how truly incomprehensibly terrible Cryptic's communication is in both Neverwinter as well as Champions Online, it would be interesting to know if any of you actually read the feedback and commentary on your game (and tactics)? We're inclined to say no, a definite and resounding no because if you did, you'd know just how many players you were losing and how many people are fervently disgruntled over the fact that you at Cryptic consistently ignore the customers wants and desires and merely implement your own in place of theirs.

All the while acting like everything's okay and selectively releasing what information you want to be known.

A very thin facade to be sure. It makes you very transparent.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well, let's see....
    ... and it's this information that Velasquez would like to see featured since it shows that the team is listening and reacting to issues.

Well, I am sorry, but that sounds a bit...hollow. It is a widespread feeling in the player community that the devs exactly don't listen to the player complaints....specifically that much of the "fixing" involves minor, irrelevant things, but the major game-breaking issues that are actually causing people to leave (or at least to stop spending money) are being ignored. True, this is not entirely justified, as many of the "big" issues are larger and presumably take longer to fix, but, but the impression is there. Moreover, design decisions are being made that effectively make the game less fun, and are causing many people to be a bit hesitant about recommending the game to their friends - leading to less "new blood" and a declining player base.
    One surprising observation was just how much the PvP community has embraced and played that side of the game while simultaneously calling for new maps and more progression.

I really hope this is not an indication that the game will become more PvP focused in the future - some of the changes already made for the purpose of "balancing" classes for PvP purposes have seriously hurt the efficiency of certain classes for PvE purposes. Any more of this, and you might see an even steeper decline in the number of players.

Overall though - yeah, I do look forward to Module 2 - I just wish Cryptic would first fix some of the more basic issues the game has.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love this is how we get information on this game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    panierepaniere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The new content will include a new epic dungeon?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Given how truly incomprehensibly terrible Cryptic's communication is in both Neverwinter as well as Champions Online, it would be interesting to know if any of you actually read the feedback and commentary on your game (and tactics)? We're inclined to say no, a definite and resounding no because if you did, you'd know just how many players you were losing and how many people are fervently disgruntled over the fact that you at Cryptic consistently ignore the customers wants and desires and merely implement your own in place of theirs.

All the while acting like everything's okay and selectively releasing what information you want to be known.

A very thin facade to be sure. It makes you very transparent.

actually being on the inside gives andy velasquez some insight that you and i will never be privy to. whether you believe it or not, it's been said multiple times in these threads that cryptic and pwe reads these forums. some people just like to assume that cryptic's silence is some kind of indication that they don't care. to me, their constant dedication to weekly patching and updates not to mention the speed to which they are releasing new content is evidence enough.

but... just more doom and gloom to fill up the forums. nothing to see here.
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    actually being on the inside gives andy velasquez some insight that you and i will never be privy to. whether you believe it or not, it's been said multiple times in these threads that cryptic and pwe reads these forums. some people just like to assume that cryptic's silence is some kind of indication that they don't care. to me, their constant dedication to weekly patching and updates not to mention the speed to which they are releasing new content is evidence enough.

but... just more doom and gloom to fill up the forums. nothing to see here.

We neither said doom nor gloom, we're merely being realistic based on our observations of their behaviour and trends.

Notice how this thread; http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?247612-Race-changes-and-why-they-re-needed/page41 sports 41 pages of people asking for the same thing and a single post from a Dev saying 'thanks for the feedback', but giving neither a yes nor a no on the subject?

Additionally all their information releases and Q&A sessions have been on third-party sites (such as the Raptr one where we asked a question and were pointedly ignored) where they respond to questions in a blatantly selective manner.

Not to mention, yes. We're a tad jaded from having played Champions Online and what they've done in that game. Did you? Do you have any clue whatsoever what their actual track-record is like? People said they didn't like lockboxes, so what do they do? They replace actual content that people appreciated and liked in favour for lockboxes, resigning new costume releases to being lockbox specific so that you have to pointlessly gamble in their rigged system to get anything and more than half the time you get nothing.

This isn't doom or gloom, it's realism. People have asked for specific features, they've voiced a desire for certain things to remain the way they were or to be reconsidered and Cryptic has more or less preformed as John Smedley for SoE did with Star Wars Galaxies; by pointedly ignoring the expressed desires of the players and implementing whatever the heck they want.

We understand they have to make a profit and we think they should, but there are definitely better and more honest ways to do it.

Further if they want to prove they're listening, why not post HERE? Why take it to another third-party website? Your way of showing us you're listening is by having someone else speak for you indirectly to your player-base? You know what that stinks of to us? The first word starts with B and the second with S.

It's not their silence we're perceiving as evidence that they don't care, well. Partially it is, admittedly but it's also the persistent and methodical way they continue to disregard their customer-base.

Their business model is not one designed with customer retention in mind. It's maximizing profits on a flow of new players, they don't seem to care if people leave the game because to them, the MMO market is big enough that anyone that quits will be replaced by someone new that may even pay. Either way, it's profit for them.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't read anything about the worst problem in the game: PvP. Here's some tweak for it too in mod2?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013
    I also really hope we'll get some PvP in Module 2.
    Domination and Gauntlgrym are just disappointing.
    PvP is not about taking points and showing off your mounts, give us statistics and PvP ranks, something worth showing off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I would be excited to see a module that was released w/o bugs. After all, isn't that why there is a TEST server!?! Dragons, ah etc breaking after patches is getting old. I would be excited to see the bugs existing since beta to actually be fixed. I would like to see a group tool where a kick is only allowed if the majority votes on it. Fix the game before making another 100 zen store items..
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I would be more excited about Module 2 if there was anything in it to be excited about. Right now all we have is maybes, and a blob shape. There are a number of forum posts about PvP lacking maps, etc., but there are just as many posts about how PvP balancing is negatively effecting PvE. If Cryptic is truly listening they would acknowledge that as well. Overall it was a fluff propaganda piece that told us nothing of substance. A disappointing article to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2013
    Their business model is not one designed with customer retention in mind. It's maximizing profits on a flow of new players, they don't seem to care if people leave the game because to them, the MMO market is big enough that anyone that quits will be replaced by someone new that may even pay.

I do have a feeling this is very true. It also might be quite reasonable from a money-earning point of view. After all, people who spend a lot are those who wish to get fast to the top. Once they are there, they just clutter the servers without spending money as massively as they did before, and thus they are hindrances rather than assets.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We neither said doom nor gloom, we're merely being realistic based on our observations of their behaviour and trends.

Notice how this thread; http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?247612-Race-changes-and-why-they-re-needed/page41 sports 41 pages of people asking for the same thing and a single post from a Dev saying 'thanks for the feedback', but giving neither a yes nor a no on the subject?

Additionally all their information releases and Q&A sessions have been on third-party sites (such as the Raptr one where we asked a question and were pointedly ignored) where they respond to questions in a blatantly selective manner.

Not to mention, yes. We're a tad jaded from having played Champions Online and what they've done in that game. Did you? Do you have any clue whatsoever what their actual track-record is like? People said they didn't like lockboxes, so what do they do? They replace actual content that people appreciated and liked in favour for lockboxes, resigning new costume releases to being lockbox specific so that you have to pointlessly gamble in their rigged system to get anything and more than half the time you get nothing.

This isn't doom or gloom, it's realism. People have asked for specific features, they've voiced a desire for certain things to remain the way they were or to be reconsidered and Cryptic has more or less preformed as John Smedley for SoE did with Star Wars Galaxies; by pointedly ignoring the expressed desires of the players and implementing whatever the heck they want.

We understand they have to make a profit and we think they should, but there are definitely better and more honest ways to do it.

Further if they want to prove they're listening, why not post HERE? Why take it to another third-party website? Your way of showing us you're listening is by having someone else speak for you indirectly to your player-base? You know what that stinks of to us? The first word starts with B and the second with S.

It's not their silence we're perceiving as evidence that they don't care, well. Partially it is, admittedly but it's also the persistent and methodical way they continue to disregard their customer-base.

Their business model is not one designed with customer retention in mind. It's maximizing profits on a flow of new players, they don't seem to care if people leave the game because to them, the MMO market is big enough that anyone that quits will be replaced by someone new that may even pay. Either way, it's profit for them.

This, and your last post, should be stickied. It mirrors my sentiments exactly. The irony is that due to the seemingly constant ignoring of serious ingame issues, or, lack of speed with which they're fixed, the company are losing a huge proportion of revenue to "3rd parties".

When you have a multitude of "Gold sellers" spamming all day long, offering prices that are significantly cheaper than what the company sell zen for (AD to zen exchange, ok?) then it's highly likely players are going to seek these options versus the companies offerings, especially when there's a mass attitude of disgruntled players, towards the company due to lack of apparent response, only leading people to look favourably on the term "money grab". Who do you think people are going to spend there money on?

Let's not even go down the associated risk path, anyone with common sense understand the 3rd party risk and will know, or will learn very easily who is safe and who is not.

Furthermore, this is all been made a million times worse by "things" the majority of the player base are not and will never be aware of. I'm referring to potentially game over exploits that will never be publicised. These aren't things which were or could have been reported, I personally wasn't aware but it's not hard to learn about these things afterwards, especially when they are ninja fixed. These are the exact major overcites that have let the 3rd party and probably select few run riot.

If you thought the AH exploit was bad, you have no idea. It's things like these that are continously over-looked and only lead me to believe that ultimately, no-one cares. Stack that with the reactions to previous issues, e.g. AH exploit? So many people that horded AD over-looked. The lockbox issue? BoP BoA changes, both stated and unstated.

I love this game but it really really draws too close to that line, no one wants to see crossed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

but all you have is conjecture based on personal experience. you couldn't even give me an exact number of how many people share your outlook. they have already stated that f2p is the business model and it's not changing. if you're waiting around hoping they'll change their minds, do us all a favor (including yourself) and stop.

to answer your question, no, i never played champions online. but again, i can't for the life of me understand that if you have had such negative experiences with this company... why are you here? do you think that *****ing and complaining and carrying on in thread after thread after thread is going to somehow inspire positive change? for frak sakes take your business elsewhere and be done with it. make that self-fulfilling prophecy you have about customer retention a reality.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    but all you have is conjecture based on personal experience. you couldn't even give me an exact number of how many people share your outlook. they have already stated that f2p is the business model and it's not changing. if you're waiting around hoping they'll change their minds, do us all a favor (including yourself) and stop.

to answer your question, no, i never played champions online. but again, i can't for the life of me understand that if you have had such negative experiences with this company... why are you here? do you think that *****ing and complaining and carrying on in thread after thread after thread is going to somehow inspire positive change? for frak sakes take your business elsewhere and be done with it. make that self-fulfilling prophecy you have about customer retention a reality.

1. ) We have just as much right as you to express our opinions and experiences in this forum whether you agree with them or not.

2. ) Our posts are realistic and not sugar-coated. Sorry, we threw away all the sugar. It's bad for you and rots your teeth (and mind). There's none left to help it go down any easier for you.

3. ) Just because we're critical on a game doesn't mean we don't -like- the game, we don't particularly love the Company, but we do like the game. Guess what? It's called an objective opinion. Some people actually have them and choose to express them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Additionally based off your logic, you should also provide an exact number of how many share your outlook.

See how that works? Two way street, kiddo. We know this much. The forums are filled with the posts of disgruntled players and that says something that definitely supports our side of things.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    I would be excited to see a module that was released w/o bugs. After all, isn't that why there is a TEST server!?! Dragons, ah etc breaking after patches is getting old. I would be excited to see the bugs existing since beta to actually be fixed. I would like to see a group tool where a kick is only allowed if the majority votes on it. Fix the game before making another 100 zen store items..

Having a test server is one thing, getting players on it is another, getting players on it and testing not just the new content but double checking the old content to make sure that all works is next to impossible.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    snip...
    The forums are filled with the posts of disgruntled players and that says something that definitely supports our side of things.

yep. welcome to the wonderful world of online gaming.

and no... it doesn't say anything considering that forum dwellers represent less than 10% of a game's population. not to mention it's a proven fact that disgruntled customers are more times likely to share their experience with others compared to happy customers.

having worked in customer service, when someone comes to you with a problem, my likelihood of wanting to help them is greatly determined by their attitude. call it lack of sugar, but i call it disrespect. i get it... people are upset over something. but acting like a petulant child isn't the way to go about it. people that get transferred over and over and over and over again on a support call usually call up with a chip on their shoulder.
  • Options
    snowowhitesnowowhite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ooh, new updates is something i'm looking forward to ;p
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yep. welcome to the wonderful world of online gaming.

and no... it doesn't say anything considering that forum dwellers represent less than 10% of a game's population. not to mention it's a proven fact that disgruntled customers are more times likely to share their experience with others compared to happy customers.

having worked in customer service, when someone comes to you with a problem, my likelihood of wanting to help them is greatly determined by their attitude. call it lack of sugar, but i call it disrespect. i get it... people are upset over something. but acting like a petulant child isn't the way to go about it. people that get transferred over and over and over and over again on a support call usually call up with a chip on their shoulder.

And it is also not exceptable to ignore countless posts on a subject because some players have brought it up with a chip on their shoulder. After months of bringing up a point and having 0 responses for cryptic most players who care enough to post there opinion will develop that chip. And some will have the chip from the get go. My main issue the Class balance and role of the GWF has been around since open Beta. The problem has gotten worse ever since Crypitc tried to address this issue with a buff/nerf balance patch that pushed the class far below where it was. Even though 90% of players on the forums warned against making that change and things would get worse because of it. And it did.

The company really needs to make clear its standpoint on issues players bring up that have been around for so long. They should be confident enough after so much time to say "working as intended" Or "Changes will be made" instead they do nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    And it is also not exceptable to ignore countless posts on a subject because some players have brought it up with a chip on their shoulder. After months of bringing up a point and having 0 responses for cryptic most players who care enough to post there opinion will develop that chip. And some will have the chip from the get go. My main issue the Class balance and role of the GWF has been around since open Beta. The problem has gotten worse ever since Crypitc tried to address this issue with a buff/nerf balance patch that pushed the class far below where it was. Even though 90% of players on the forums warned against making that change and things would get worse because of it. And it did.

The company really needs to make clear its standpoint on issues players bring up that have been around for so long. They should be confident enough after so much time to say "working as intended" Or "Changes will be made" instead they do nothing.

what you call "ignore" is simply your perception. as it has been said countless times in these forums, most of the time you will not get anything other than "thanks for the feedback" from the company because no one is authorized to release internal information before it has been officially released. if you expect more, then you will be disappointed. and unfortunately you will probably continue to get disgruntled so when the actual official released information is given, you don't care anymore. but who's fault is that? a company will never release internal proprietary information until they are ready to announce it officially for a number of reasons. nothing is finalized until it is finalized and ready to drop. if, two months before a go-live scenario, a dev or someone from the company leaks some information and that is later changed before it is released, people would be here on these forums talking about how they've been cheated and misled. for a company, it's not a good practice to give information before it is time. when a new movie is coming out, do the actors go on interviews and tell the whole storyline? before the final episodes of your favorite television series, were the show's production team on the internet giving hints and clues about what's going to happen next? of course not. it's the exact same concept here and that doesn't require a high level of intelligence to comprehend.
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    what you call "ignore" is simply your perception. as it has been said countless times in these forums, most of the time you will not get anything other than "thanks for the feedback" from the company because no one is authorized to release internal information before it has been officially released. if you expect more, then you will be disappointed. and unfortunately you will probably continue to get disgruntled so when the actual official released information is given, you don't care anymore. but who's fault is that? a company will never release internal proprietary information until they are ready to announce it officially for a number of reasons. nothing is finalized until it is finalized and ready to drop. if, two months before a go-live scenario, a dev or someone from the company leaks some information and that is later changed before it is released, people would be here on these forums talking about how they've been cheated and misled. for a company, it's not a good practice to give information before it is time. when a new movie is coming out, do the actors go on interviews and tell the whole storyline? before the final episodes of your favorite television series, were the show's production team on the internet giving hints and clues about what's going to happen next? of course not. it's the exact same concept here and that doesn't require a high level of intelligence to comprehend.

This is only your opinion, if this reply was anything along the lines of how the company was feeling towards certain situations or issues, then why dont they say this, any answere would be better than NOTHING at all.

I think it if you actually read most posts no one is asking for exact and official statments or comitments, most , if not all are mainly just asking to be acknowledged...

Total silence does more damage than anything. If some posters come to the forums with feelings of being 'cheated or misled' it is only the companys fault for constantly ignoring and keeping in the dark their player base.

Constant changes in the game dont help without reasons why, players contstantly ask why this change was made or why that nerf was done, hoping for a reasoning behind what some feel was a unnecessary change. Unless the player base knows or can understand a reason , they will always go against it.

I am sorry but no matter how much suger and icing you want to put on it the player base in this game are treat like mushrooms " kept in the dark and fed B******T" And at the end of the day a 'game' , any game will only keep going if it has a playerbase, the game would not exist without having players and somtimes that needs to be acknowledged...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is only your opinion, if this reply was anything along the lines of how the company was feeling towards certain situations or issues, then why dont they say this, any answere would be better than NOTHING at all.

I think it if you actually read most posts no one is asking for exact and official statments or comitments, most , if not all are mainly just asking to be acknowledged...

Total silence does more damage than anything. If some posters come to the forums with feelings of being 'cheated or misled' it is only the companys fault for constantly ignoring and keeping in the dark their player base.

Constant changes in the game dont help without reasons why, players contstantly ask why this change was made or why that nerf was done, hoping for a reasoning behind what some feel was a unnecessary change. Unless the player base knows or can understand a reason , they will always go against it.

I am sorry but no matter how much suger and icing you want to put on it the player base in this game are treat like mushrooms " kept in the dark and fed B******T" And at the end of the day a 'game' , any game will only keep going if it has a playerbase, the game would not exist without having players and somtimes that needs to be acknowledged...

case in point: i'm not even an official from the company and you can't even accept the fact that no one from the company is going to make any unauthorized statements. it's not personal. it's just business. if you can find any company that will treat you otherwise, you let me know. hell, let everyone here know.