test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.5.20130911a.7 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Ray of Enfeeblement (Spell Mastery): No longer shows a cooldown while it has full charges.
  • Devoted Cleric: Forgemasters Flame: The healing effect from this power has been restored to what it was before Sharandar released (approximately a 30% healing increase).
  • Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Being hit by a Daze or stun effect before using Stealth will no longer prevent its use again until the player logs back in.

Enemies
  • Dragons: Breath weapon attacks should no longer hit players outside of the clearly marked AoE ranges. (Wing buffets may still have issues)

Foundry
  • Resolved a crash that could occur when using the Costume Editor when a text field has focus.
  • Resolved an issue where login can fail when exiting and re-entering the Foundry too quickly.
  • The Dungeon Hall Straight Short kit piece should no longer break the Golden Path for a quest that uses it.

Gateway
  • Switching characters will no longer stall and disconnect users.

Items and Economy
  • Nightmare mounts: The tail and summon/dismiss special effects should better display on low end machines.
  • Resolved an issue that would rarely cause a player to not receive items they won from a Need/Greed roll sometimes when one or more players left the map before the item was awarded.

Content and Environment
  • Sharandar: Gnarlroot Caves: Received a collision pass to increase server performance and reduce stalls and lag that could be experienced in this map.
  • Sharandar: Patching Things Up: Redcap encounters will now only respawn if the Dryad tree wound has also respawned.

User Interface
  • Auction House: The buyout column sorting will once again properly sort prices.
  • The Looking for Group chat channel will now always properly show in the Set Channel dropdown list.
  • Zone Rewards window now has a minimum height that it can be scaled down to prevent it from being scaled to nothing and be difficult to interact with.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Preview should be updated with these changes around 6PM PST.

Update: Shard is available for your testing pleasure.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Devoted Cleric: Forgemasters Flame: The healing effect from this power has been restored to what it was before Sharandar released (approximately a 30% healing increase).

Nice. A step in the right direction for the many frustrated DC player out there :)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed. Definitely a step in the right direction. Throw in the fix for gpf not properly stacking, and maybe just maybe take a look at MC's loot table, and I'll be a happy camper.
  • omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    please do not fix dracolich breath attack, cn is too easy. if anything please make him glitch more to increase difficulty.
  • bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Being hit by a Daze or stun effect before using Stealth will no longer prevent its use again until the player logs back in.

Wow...A fast fix for TR if that it should be.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thats not fast. They had this issue long before the recent DC nerf.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh poor Tr -.- they wasn't unable to use stealth -.- At last we got 1 of the 200 fix the DC need ^^ And btw, if they fixed the dragon breath atk it will affect all the dragon in game, so also the Dracolich get fixed and you can come back to bug the mob outside the arena ^^
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not impressed. FF should have never been broken in the first place and seeing as it was a mistake of the Devs it should have been a priority for them to fix it within a week, not a month.

I would have been mildly impressed if they fixed Repurpose Soul and the Arpen on cleric skills.

Oh well... we got what we got, right? =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    thats not fast. They had this issue long before the recent DC nerf.

Faster than the GWF one, imagine.
  • xperfixperfi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WOW. for me personal the BEST patch EVER.
    when it comes live I will finally be able to play again since the AH works plus the stealth bug is fixed!

awesome guys, thank you really much. REALLY great job done! :-)
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All of dis... all of it. I am of the liking.

No really, this is awesome :3. DC abilities getting up to the snuff they're supposed to be is grand. Will make PVE a little less "blue shield ALL the time" based. Lol.
    contents to be decided
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Finally my Trickster Rouge will no longer have that annoying stealth bug and dragon's will be Semi fixed :D loving this patch already <3
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and maybe just maybe take a look at MC's loot table

Deffo agree with this one , it's so frustrating to go through a boss fight in what is supposed to be one of the top dungeons in the game only to see a pile of blue junk drop when the boss is downed , if the devs don't want a guaranteed purple drop in the first 2 boss fights then at least add some other useful stuff to the loot table , coalescent wards maybe and that kind of stuff? I think a lot of players would be happy even if individual dyes ( not dye packs) but individual dyes had a chance to drop even.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really nice.... several things (FF, AH sorting, Dragon AoE) that have really been irritating me all fixed at the same time.

Keep up the good job.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gastenogasteno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can someone on pwe's end explain why it takes 3 weeks to rectify your end game dungeon's and why you need to always wait till next week's patch day to apply updates that are critical to the health of your game?
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can someone PLEASE fix the Gauntlgrym PvP exploit for the Delzoun Explorers too? I don't know why someone would only patch 1 side and not the other. At least when the exploit was available to both sides, it was semi-evened out because both sides were doing it so it didn't have as much of an effect, now its just ridiculous.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    To rember: GF block doesn't block any CC... we stil need this fix. Don't forget!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you sooooo much for fixing Forgemaster's. Can't wait to have it back up to snuff on live. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, YES! I'll be using FF again :)
    Now if flame strike could crit again , repurpose soul work properly, armor penetration... you know.
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nice patch notes a lot fix's again that's 2 weeks in run fixs omg that's so cool keep them coming want all them bugs out of game
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    nice patch notes a lot fix's again that's 2 weeks in run fixs omg that's so cool keep them coming want all them bugs out of game

Thanks for your (not just you, everyone!) support! This thread gave me warm fuzzies. ONTO THE .8!
This discussion has been closed.