test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who's doing Foundry quests this weekend?

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
And who's makin' 'em? ;)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll be doing a few Foundry quests. The Double Diamonds event is pretty nice, so I don't think it's worth it to pass it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • squareslugxsquareslugx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finished up a quest just about this morning and then did a handful of featured quests sprinkled throughout the day. Also related quests from subscriptions. Lots of nice content. Seems like a lot of the current featured quests are not in English though so I skipped those.
    Check out my first Foundry Quest - Remnants of a Mad Wizard (Short Code): nw-dbfw3znul
    Check out my second Foundry Quest - Dreaming of a Sea Adventure (Short Code): nw-debgs4mnr
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know a certain Sominator that needs to dive into Planescape....

I have actually been doing nothing but foundry stuff this weekend. I loved the kobold dungeon, hilarious. A birthday Affair, great story. Atlantis had some great vistas! Many others as well.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made one, finished up the one I have been working on all week, it is published now! Please review/comment/test NW-DRBWMCFL4
    A Name For Yourself
    @narathkor

Not too hard, but its not easy, the final area you need to be very careful or take a friend if you are above around level 40 (cause guard scaling is patuti lol)
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be trying to knock out a few of the reviews I have to do this weekend...at least 2 of the 30 I have to do...
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • takuuntakuun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm stuck on my foundry. I can't figure out how to get rooms on different Y axis to join. I.E stairs / pits / second floor or basement in a separate room instead of 2 floors in the same room.
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I would be doing both if they didn't disappear from my journal upon moving to another zone.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to head to Chicago, but I will be marinating on the next installment of Bill's Tavern to start next week & of course looking forward to playing new foundry quests. :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    takuun wrote: »
    I'm stuck on my foundry. I can't figure out how to get rooms on different Y axis to join. I.E stairs / pits / second floor or basement in a separate room instead of 2 floors in the same room.

Not really positive on what your trying to accomplish but I have an idea. I think you might to check out teleporters, they will make a two way instantaneous transfer between two points. So have the teleporter point at say the top of some stairs in one room, and in the other room, the other half of the teleporter at the bottom of where you want the stairs to come out at.
    wesleyeric wrote: »
    I would be doing both if they didn't disappear from my journal upon moving to another zone.
    The best way to avoid this for now is to avoid using Public maps, like Protectors Enclave. If you can have your quest go from custom map to custom map instead it will reduce the chance this happens by almost 100%. It sucks I know, but its the only way for now until they fix this. This also means try to not use the World Map either, cause it someone clicks the wrong spot on the map and goes to a public map, it could drop the quest from their journal.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • mushizomushizo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've mostly been working on my little orc dungeon quest called "Orc Slayer". Its around 15-20 minutes long at lvl 1-30, starts to take a bit longer at higher levels due to scaling.
    It's an old school dungeon crawl set in an underground orcish fortress, with (according to my reviews) great pacing, good named mobs and minibosses and an endboss with a twist :)

title: Orc Slayer
    code: NW-DLTZ4LKK7
    author: @Mushizo

Would love to hear what you seasoned foundry-creators think about it. (I'm still in the process of developing it with what little sparetime i have, but so far i have been positively overwhelmed with the all feedback I have received)
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited May 2013
    I have been so deep into the foundry the last couple days that I missed this thread entirely. Part II of my Campaign "City in Conflict" is almost ready. "Gauntlet of the Twin Teeth has some interesting combat dynamics I have been playing with for the main boss. Getting all the t's crossed and i's dotted as well as the balance just right is providing interesting.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I've been working hard on my first Foundry quest! I feel like I'm missing out on the Double AD weekend tho, hah!
  • jkotchjkotch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I put mine out this weekend. the title is "All I Wanted Was A Drink" ( NW-DUAPDDXWP )

More Info Here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?227332-UGC-All-I-Wanted-Was-A-Drink
    took me two weeks to make it, and created my own "district" in neverwinter for it... twice...

Has a couple side quests, and plays pretty smoothly, though I'd be more than happy for feedback.

If anyone would review, I'd be really happy!

Thanks
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Always working on them. Working on Castle Ravenloft and Fellheart atm. Would love ppl to check out my Goblin Uprising and leave feedback so I can make it better (and it's a good paced daily).

Side note, jkotch, you sold me. I'll try it later on.
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am in the process of making my Dungeon Delves campaign. A collection of random dungeon delves that I've used in the past when I needed filler. The first up is a cave they sheltering in during a nasty storm that turns out to be more than a cave! Got the exterior map just right tonight, lighting strikes, rolling mists, heavy rain, etc.

Tomorrow after taking the family out for Mother's Day I'll be putting together the first part of the crawl itself. Hope to have it published before mid-week but depends on how OCD I get about decor.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is funny PW person starts the thread like they care, then does not bother with it anymore. It would be nice if PW people start a thread they actually read and respond to it.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    It is funny PW person starts the thread like they care, then does not bother with it anymore. It would be nice if PW people start a thread they actually read and respond to it.

Dude, he started it, commented on several posts then likely went to bed for the night and is probably celebrating Mother's day with family. Want to give him time to come back before you slam one of the most active CRYPTIC people on these forums? And yes, he's from CRYPTIC, not PW. You won't get far hating on Som among anyone who's been following this game for awhile.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been making good progress on Act 3 of From the Shadows. The first big map in it is starting to take shape.
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just published my Foundry quest last night, the first in a 10-part saga! Starting work on the second one. You can try it here.

NWS-DOF3BARMD - Part 1: The Dark Creed

I don't have a high level toon, but judging from playing it through with a level 31 GF and level 31 GWF, I would suggest a party...let me know what you guys think!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran/gave feedback on a bunch of quests this weekend for friends and folks who asked in the /nw_foundry channel. Didn't get to work on mine at all though.
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    I've been making good progress on Act 3 of From the Shadows. The first big map in it is starting to take shape.

Literally can't wait! All disagreements between us aside it's been my favorite UGC with only one close competitor in the form of Kam's Banereth Curiosities.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Literally can't wait! All disagreements between us aside it's been my favorite UGC with only one close competitor in the form of Kam's Banereth Curiosities.
    I decided I would update it, at least so the first two quests will qualify for dailies. They're not updated yet.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done only Foundry quests, but I don't get double AD because I do ones that don't have enough plays to qualify. There is no incentive anywhere in the game to do low play content, pretty much guaranteeing most quests will never qualify.
  • maryc60maryc60 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    I have to head to Chicago, but I will be marinating on the next installment of Bill's Tavern to start next week & of course looking forward to playing new foundry quests. :)

I can't do this quest "Bill's Tavern" when I go down thru the pit it takes me to the roof and I can't do this quest, the same happens with "The Village on Ebony Lake" is there any other way to do it or maybe it is bug. By the way please do my foundry quest "Princess Liliana is in danger" Thanks
  • maryc60maryc60 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't do this quest "Bill's Tavern" when I go down thru the pit it takes me to the roof and I can't do this quest, the same happens with "The Village on Ebony Lake" is there any other way to do it or maybe it is bug. By the way please do my foundry quest "Princess Liliana is in danger" Thanks
  • scmillerscmiller Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    In the Halloween spirit yet? Try "Hallow's Thicket" -- NW-DRMS5JEGC -- locate under best tab "Hallow" -- foundry rewarded quest--fantastic if I do say so myself...quest the hell out of it!