test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for some foundry recommendations

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
Hi ive gone through a fair few foundrys, but i have found alot of them to be a bit of a bore. Im looking for some which are immensive (nicely detailed), and mentally stimulating as well as have some challenging combat (quality over quantity).

My favourites so far have to be:

Ravenloft (my favourite of the lot)
The Delusions Quartet
From the shadows
Different Seasons
The skeleton key
Fateful encounter + sequel that i cant seem to find anymore
Anyone got some recommendations of interesting foundrys i could go through?
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sure, check mine out. :) I'll take a look at anything you have in return.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try my "Old Magic" [NW-DGBLCWRFP]
    -- fairly detailed
    -- story oriented
    -- a new monster
    -- a bit of parkour
    -- combat difficulty adjustable from easy (no patrols), to Elite (hard patrols and hard attacks into safe zone).
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    Hi ive gone through a fair few foundrys, but i have found alot of them to be a bit of a bore. Im looking for some which are immensive (nicely detailed), and mentally stimulating as well as have some challenging combat (quality over quantity).

My favourites so far have to be:

Ravenloft (my favourite of the lot)
    The Delusions Quartet
    From the shadows
    Different Seasons
    The skeleton key
    Fateful encounter + sequel that i cant seem to find anymore
    Anyone got some recommendations of interesting foundrys i could go through?

"And Justice for All." Its a campaign with the third chapter hopefully coming out tonight. Its a heavy lore story blending the history of other Sword Coast games and fiction into a current tale of 4th edition realms lore. Its meant as a solo mission and has several companions built in that travel with the pc through the arc of the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    are there foundry maps that you would recommend that is not your own?

No offense meant but i didn't want people to suggest their own ones, but recommendations of other maps that you think are good.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Check out this thread - Karitr does a nice job giving a snippet review without spoilers. I've had a lot of luck with things I found in there.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?401961-What-Foundry-are-you-playing-at-the-moment

EDIT: Word of warning - some might have been broken by the Feywild update. Maybe double check any to see if they have a recent publish/republish date after 8/21
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thats, that thread is the kind of thing im looking for :)
  • roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    "And Justice for All." Its a campaign with the third chapter hopefully coming out tonight. Its a heavy lore story blending the history of other Sword Coast games and fiction into a current tale of 4th edition realms lore. Its meant as a solo mission and has several companions built in that travel with the pc through the arc of the story.

Cannot wait! I'm a fan :)
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    roguish98 wrote: »
    Cannot wait! I'm a fan :)

Thanks.

I really enjoyed the "Tears of Selune." in terms of recommending another thought really solid. I also enjoyed "Path of Silver" a whole lot as it had to do with lore of Chult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited September 2013
    You can give City in Conflict a try 1st quest is more lore heavy next two parts balance a lot better.
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try "The Siege of Ferrous Canyon", by @Cadrantaar. It's brand new.

The battles are epic and chaotic, the writing is superb, and there's tons of stuff to interact with and blow up. Just an awesomely fun quest.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I really enjoyed the "Tears of Selune." in terms of recommending another thought really solid. I also enjoyed "Path of Silver" a whole lot as it had to do with lore of Chult.

I will have to put 'Path of Silver' on my to play que. Also, 'And justice for All'. ^^