test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog Quests - no Key Reward?

seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Is this a post patch thing? I did the three Malabog quests and got the Tower of Celadine quest, but no key for it it. Is this a new issue? I created a bug report for it.
Post edited by seneca671 on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You should get one key every day, just for showing up. Claim from any leprechaun. Not one key per sub-region though, so you have to decide which dungeon you'd prefer to run.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really? Weird - I guess I'm so compulsive that I always do the three dailies in an area first. I'll try claiming again.
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I ran the second zone quests, got the second zone chest quest, and got the key. I think you need the "chest quest" to get the key, and you can get one key/day (though multiple chest quests - you don't need them to loot it).

My error was to complete the chest quest I had without getting the key (I forgot, and just ran into the cave): I no longer had the quest, so the lep didn't offer me the key. I got my day's key from the second set of quests, and can now do the whichever cave I want.
    edited September 2013
    Interesting. The only time I missed getting my daily key was my very first day in Sharandar. Basically the same thing happened except my oversight was not knowing about the leprechaun until I was finished the cave and on my way out. No key for me, and no way to reset it.

I have since then figured out that grabbing a key can be the very first thing you do every day. I've had the same active cave and fen quests for almost two weeks, because I've been banking the keys and mostly just visiting Sharander daily to get a key and sparks. I am not sure if you need "banked" completed dailies to keep getting that key, as for a while I was accepting quests every day and then actually running them every other day to save time (so 6/2 days per available area instead of 3/1 day).

Between an excessive reserve of seedlings and the bugginess of the Malabog region's dailies, I've been slacking on everything but accumulating keys and sparks, at least until after the Festival ends.

It's pretty cool that there is a way to obtain a free key should you happen to forget one day, as long as you've got more than one region available.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2013
    Oh, that's a really neat idea! From now on, I'll just keep a quest that I don't need anymore (for example the first zone) active, which then triggers my ability to get a daily key. I've heard people talk about this, but didn't know how it would work.

I usually run at least one set of dailies well... daily... but it's nice to know that if I want to blow it off, I can get the key. I've also got another toon almost 60, and now that I know the score, I might just have that toon collect keys, then at some point grind the third instance, which is the most profitable.

Are keys account or character bound?
  • unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    Is this a post patch thing? I did the three Malabog quests and got the Tower of Celadine quest, but no key for it it. Is this a new issue? I created a bug report for it.

I already played in the early beta and reported bugs that are still not fixed (simple, basic things).

It's cute to see how some people never lose hope :)
    edited September 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    I already played in the early beta and reported bugs that are still not fixed (simple, basic things).

It's cute to see how some people never lose hope :)

I'm not sure this is a bug, really - the fact that if you forget to pick up the key you blow a chance to get it is more a design flaw, but I get what you're saying - and no, I do never lose hope! :-)
  • unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'm not sure this is a bug, really - the fact that if you forget to pick up the key you blow a chance to get it is more a design flaw, but I get what you're saying - and no, I do never lose hope! :-)

That's good for you dude, keep it up ! it's a rare feature.

Have a great day :)
    edited September 2013
    Are keys account or character bound?

Character bound. (No way to transfer an account bound item right now anyway, though I suppose you could keep them until there was, if they were.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2013
    Character bound. (No way to transfer an account bound item right now anyway, though I suppose you could keep them until there was, if they were.)

I figured, or they'd be all over the AH, I guess - thanks!