test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Broken

mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've had 5 different times in the last 3 hours where my stealth meter would not work. It was during pvp matches and I would randomly stop gaining anything.
After the match would end it would work again. Please look into this.
Post edited by mctankypants on

Comments

• mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any chance this will be addressed?
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That's a lot of bugged keys, Cryptic devs. TAB is bugged, Sort is nugged, F is bugged, W is bugged;
    Game is interrupted every day for unsscheduled patches which address nothing.
    English is not my first language.
    edited August 2013
    I had a few more instances of this happen this morning. Another TR in my party had it happen in the middle of the match and never could use stealth until after the match.
    edited August 2013
    Guess what? The problem still persists. I went 3/4 of a pvp match with no stealth capability. Can someone from Cryptic please at least respond to acknowledge that they realize this is going on?
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had this happen to me in PVE (I don't PVP) and assumed it was because I was taking damage too frequently for stealth to build to a point where I could see it in the bar. Are you guys absolutely sure that's not what's happening in your cases? I know you probably are, but for the sake of being helpful I have to ask.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited August 2013
    I may have taken damage which triggers it, I'm not sure. The issue is it never recovers. I stood in one spot not taking damage for 5 minutes and didn't regain my meter.
  • getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    This bug has been in the game for months and still no fix to it from Cryptic.

The only way to fix this problem is to either die or switch armor pieces. But since switching armor pieces is broken with the last patch, it no longer works as a fix to this problem. So in order to get your stealth meter back, you have to either die or zone.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the feedback Oneshot. Now that I think back on the matches where it was glitched, I didn't ever die even when the stealth meter was broken. It's completely lame that I need to die in order to fix it. Just one more thing on the long list I guess.
    edited August 2013
    Two more instances this morning where stealth regen was broken.
    edited August 2013
    Unfortunately this is still a rampant problem. I'm not sure why there hasn't at least been a "We're looking into it..." post.
  • erginergenerginergen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately this is still a rampant problem. I'm not sure why there hasn't at least been a "We're looking into it..." post.

I totally aggree with you! This bug is the most annoying thing for a rogue and it's been like a month or more since this bug first experienced. Happens most to me when trying reflexive/dodgy movements combined with encounter usage and getting a damage at that small time interval.
    Whatever the reasons are it would be nice to see some posts from the developers or whoever it could be. It's like they don't care at all.
  • fothreecusfothreecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've had this happen a few times in the last couple of days.

For me it seemed to bug when I got knocked back while going into stealth. Then meter stuck at 95%ish and would not change until zone/relog/respawn.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this seems to be caused when someone casts an interrupt or you dodge or use another animation bearing power during your stealth animation, Similar to the cause of the unstoppable bug.

solution: don't be interrupted or don't use stealth in near a player that may interrupt you. don't dodge for 2 seconds after stealth or just don't use stealth. if you get bugged go suicide run the nearest beacon.

yeah it sucks but if you know when its caused you might be able to avoid getting bugged.
  • itchyboto808itchyboto808 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WHAT you mean there's something broken in the game? It's okay they will put something in the zen store for you. Make sure to hit "Y" after your done patching! (fixed it)
    edited September 2013
    Zen store button is Y. Nice try.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tab bug CAN only happen if you wan't go hide after you got some controll power( from CW or TR) also i noticed gwf Tab Bug are shame.
    !OR from some Mob's&Bosses.

Sorry for bad ENG.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited September 2013
    The stealth bug for a TR is related to the unstoppable bug for a GWF. It happens when you use your tab ability at the same exact time you are hit by a CC, such as a prone ability, knockback, daze, or choke.

Two temporary workarounds for this:
    For a GWF, run away from the action and let your determination drain to 0. The next time it fills up, it will work again. Note that if you slot 'Steadfast Determination' as one of your abilities, this may interfere with your being able to let your determination drain away.

For a TR, die or zone. If you are in PvP and don't want to be killed by another player, you can also use the command /killme.
  • banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    I have found out that swapping out gear can correct this (but I don't think in every situation nor am I sure if the gear has to have certain features -- such as stealth duration extension). I do know that in PVE I can swap my swash to skulkers and back and that stealth will start working again.
    edited September 2013
    Anyone know whether DCs' divinity is also affected by a tab bug, or does it only affect the TR and GWF since they gain tab-power over time (instead of manually recharging like DCs do)?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I haven't seen a peep out of a single DC saying they have a similar problem, whatever that's worth.

The GWF does actually charge up in combat, though unlike Divinity, Determination drains once out of combat (more slowly than it used to, if anyone's noticed).

I think the mechanism of Divinity is different enough to not be affected, since the DC can go in and out of Divinity mode at will, whereas the TR and GWF have to wait for their bar to drain itself and refill before re-entering their tab mode (barring TR skill refills).

Since the rogue's stealth bar doesn't drain unless they're in stealth, they don't even have the option of retreating and waiting it out like the GWF.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia