test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor enchantment effect

lillynethlillyneth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know this doesnt belong here, but i just couldnt find any answer to this question.

Is there any way to disable visuals of armor enchantment or am i stuck with a terrible purple glow from now on? It wouldnt matter that much if it only stayed on armor but it also shows on my fashion.
Post edited by lillyneth on

Comments

• fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pretty much stuck.

I wish they would add a disable visuals for this.

At the very least i wish when you previewed transmuted items it would show. I did all kinds of work getting gear, AD, dyes just to find out soulforged enchant pretty much makes anything look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Almost thinking about not rocking an enchant just to get rid of bad visuals.

On a side note anybody have suggestions for "good" looking armor enchants?
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree, I rather wish that you could disable the visuals for the enchants, especially when it spoils the lines of my wizards robes.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    On a side note anybody have suggestions for "good" looking armor enchants?

I've only been researching armour enchantments in advance of deciding what to slot in, but it seems Briartwine's vines are sometimes thought to look nice?

Bloodtheft looks like you're bathing in blood, and the flaming one also seems to have you awash in flames.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All the greater and perfect ones are really over the top imo. I wish you could choose the strength of the effect via a slider. Something like this:
    Off > Lesser > Normal > Greater > Perfect
    Obviously the higher level effects would be greyed out if you're only wearing a lesser or a normal, etc.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ooh, like choosing a skin for a pet. Cool idea.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What's even more annoying is, the enchantment still glows when you elect to 'wear' fashion items rather than armour.
  • lillynethlillyneth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Exactly. Did someone try if it disappears when you transmute your armor?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Armor enhancements always show, including if the armor is transmuted.

I seem to recall being shown that Perfect rank enhancements glows (at least Negation anyway) show even if you are naked for your Fashion set!

I am assuming it is deliberate design because of being able to do pvp while wearing your Fashion set, and for that reason I think it is actually very good idea. But it would be extremely nice if there were an option to disable it in non-pvp zones.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    lillyneth wrote: »
    Exactly. Did someone try if it disappears when you transmute your armor?

It stays through transmute.

I had soulforged and transmuted my armor and its still there. The issue i had was in the preview it doesnt show the effects. So i spent to transmute an item that only looks good when the soulforged chant effect cycles. (it cycles in intensity from nothing to full and repeats).

I really really like the slider idea.

I dont really ever PvP. Is there people good enough to realize "Hey he has a soulforge i should attack the other guy"?

(not that it matters i am a cleric so i am instantly attacked by everyone no matter how good i am or what gear i have on lol).
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    I don't really ever PvP. Is there people good enough to realize "Hey he has a soulforge i should attack the other guy"?

Yep. Most PvPer will hold off encounters until your soulforge proc is over.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Yep. Most PvPer will hold off encounters until your soulforge proc is over.

Wow ok, so i guess i see the point of forcing the visuals in PvP, although you would think that higher graphics settings would lend an advantage then. (not that it is balanced really lol)
  • roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    I also would like to a "disable visual effects" option for enhancements. I recently purchased a lesser soulforged enchant, but un-slotted it in the end because I preferred the look of my armor without it.