test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to get past loading screen after new patch

weissteufelweissteufel Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Like the title says, I downloaded the new patch, and now I can't get past the loading screen without the launcher crashing. It gets through the Cryptic loading bar, but when it says Neverwinter, and starts to load, it freezes and crashes.
Post edited by weissteufel on

Comments

• nexusianexusia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I downloaded the new patch too, but when it gets through the cryptic loading bar, i got black screen + mouse. I can enter the world, but i see notihng
    I hope someone can help me :/
    (maybe videodriver??)
  • cykill70cykill70 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i get same Nexusia & its realy annoying i bought the Feywild pack worst money i ever spent on a game never seen a game that gets worse with each patch
  • direwulf1direwulf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am also having the same problem.
  • tolkamtolkam Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem. Any suggestions?
  • drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same Here... :(
    edited September 2013
    BTb2qSSCEAAdjqz.jpg
  • phantomarcher1phantomarcher1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I Have a similar problem i get to the Material reloaded screen and it locks up the hard drive is screaming but task manager is saying the game is not responding.
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    well i let the patch go through this morning. this is the 2nd time i've tried to log in since it finished, it said unable to connect to server 3, 3rd attempt let me get to the black screen with CRYPTIC on it, said loading for like 20 minutes. exited out, tried again, got to the screen past the black one, says material files reloaded at the bottom left corner but won't continue on. if i ctrl/alt/del it says that it's 'not responding'. any ideas? this is the 2nd time i've tried to play on days off and can't play :( HELP????
  • ru2hi2ru2hi2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OK so I too have a freeze up at the load screen... as I see all of you do too and yet no GM has got on to explain..? Has any one tried to uninstall and reinstall..? Just wondering If that worked, so I don't waste the time. This game is slowly getting worse, like Vince Vaughns career.
  • tanglestangles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got the new patch and now I can't get into game. My launcher says Version NW.5.20130828.4 ... and then it keeps doing the ... then says lost connection and trying again. It keeps doing it over and over. I CANNOT uninstall and reinstall. I, and possibly many others, use satellite, and mine has a data allowance. This game already uses a lot of my allowance in a month. Reinstalling would put me over the top, and then I'd be throttled to the point of not being able to do much of anything on the internet without spending at least $30 or waiting until my billing period is up. That is not acceptable. So much for the new patch!
  • shalimarz1shalimarz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having same problem gets to the Neverwinter screen "material files reloading" and it just sits there. Can't get back into the game,
  • weissteufelweissteufel Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am also at the material files reloading screen, and no getting past it.
  • tanglestangles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tangles wrote: »
    I got the new patch and now I can't get into game. My launcher says Version NW.5.20130828.4 ... and then it keeps doing the ... then says lost connection and trying again. It keeps doing it over and over. I CANNOT uninstall and reinstall. I, and possibly many others, use satellite, and mine has a data allowance. This game already uses a lot of my allowance in a month. Reinstalling would put me over the top, and then I'd be throttled to the point of not being able to do much of anything on the internet without spending at least $30 or waiting until my billing period is up. That is not acceptable. So much for the new patch!

Upon checking other areas of the forums, I realized that I hadn't updated windows7 since August 7, so I did a windows update (I have updates turned off to minimize my data usage). Got all 17 updates installed, restarted computer and I'm in game. When I got past the version NW.5.20130828.4..., it said patching for all of 2 seconds, then it worked. (This was around 4 am my time.)

Well, later this morning, I had to log and could not get back in again. This time I checked my data usage. Between midnight and 5am, it's free data, and that's when I tried logging in the second time. Turns out that was my issue all along. When I use all my data allowance, I am slowed (and I mean slowed!). I purchased more data, and I was able to log right in.
  • ecodeecode Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For me it was a bit different reason... Basicly something changed in graphic settings, because I was stuck in front screen as well. Being nVidia graphic card user I have "nVidia GeForce Experience" software installed. So, after the patch I just hit the "Optimize" button in there for the Neverwinter Online, and it loaded without issues.
    edited September 2013
    I have removed and reinstalled, update everything, run as administrator, xp compatibility.... and still continues without working. On Wednesday I played without problems (level 36). I installed the patch yesterday and happens this, I don't want to think that it is a coincidence, too many posts made by users with this problem. Can somebody help us please?
    edited September 2013
    Try this: delete the data.hogg file... download again! it works for me! P.D.: data.hogg = 1.55 GB
    edited September 2013
    Finally it works!! Thanks to DarthPanda16's tips.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4341

1) Run cmd as administrator on the windows search.

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

I hope it helps, and thanks.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We're taking a look at this. Thanks for the details!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • kelvinkleyokelvinkleyo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Almost the same as mine. mid summer fest quest then when i got into the gate when it says "server not responding" while on the loading screen!! even after i restart the launcher!! Logged in->char. selection-> loading screen "server not responding" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thundrabla1thundrabla1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is getting annoying. Im stuck at the material files reloading screen for two days now. Cool. I tried almost every solution.
  • khedrun17khedrun17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm also stuck on the Cryptic loading screen. when i check the task manager it says "not responding". i don't know what to do.
    edited September 2013
    Again, new patch, same error.
  • athenniusathennius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys... You can't see the smartness on it..
    There were a lot of bugs inside the game.. To fix it easily, they crash the log in so you wont ever find any other bug in-game. All fixed :cool:
  • mydexteridmydexterid Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This happens to me every time a new patch comes out, ever since I started to play this game.
    Every week the new patch comes out, my game stops at the loading screen.
    What I do is start it in Safe Mode, and start to play with the video settings until it can start normally.

It is really annoying.
    edited September 2013
    New patch, same deal...
    edited October 2013
    Guess what.. new patch... SAME ERROR!
  • schristensenschristensen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im also having the exact problem weissteufel is having.
    edited October 2013
    Today a undocumented patch just came out (around 100MB) and guess what... it just stopped at the loading screen!
  • kcthebrewerkcthebrewer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Setting the launcher into safe mode should get you into the game if it is the same issue I am experiencing (and have been for a few weeks).

Once in game, you can change the settings again and be fine until you reload. Turning off all shadows may resolve (has helped for me)
    edited October 2013
    Again.. new patch.. same error!