test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about festival clothes.

nethermonkeynethermonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off sorry if I didn't see an answer to this question somewhere else. Anyone know if the devs have said whether the transmute of temp garbs will stay after the event. I didn't think this was a problem at the time because we technically lose the other garb we changed the appearance to. Where if you get the blue you don't have to sacrifice a thing. Kinda not cool if this was just a bad on them for letting it through to begin with. Honestly after the nightmare lock box fiasco this shouldn't even be an issue. I already spent zen/ad to dye the items.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I don't see it as unintended. My reasoning is this: The temp items are bind on pickup - so you can't sell or trade them. The permanent pants actually don't cost that much more than the temporary ones, so the minimal discount in having something that provides no XP from crafting or benefit from wearing, doesn't seem logical unless it was intended to be usable in a more permanent sense. The low transmutation cost seems to have been set at an intentionally low price. Lastly, the ability to apply Zen-store dyes on an item that can disappear after only 8 hours seems like more of an oversight than this...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • edheadedhead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kinda off topic, but not...

I still have my temp waterskin. I have had it since the first day, and i play 12+hrs a day.

The timer is gone, also.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Personally, I don't see it as unintended.

I'm pretty sure it is unintended since it effects all BoP fashion which includes pieces that they likely don't want people getting without paying them cash.
  • crystalblade1crystalblade1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone know if I make another character on my account (which already has a character) Will I get those free dyes I got on my other character?

• wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone know if I make another character on my account (which already has a character) Will I get those free dyes I got on my other character?

Yes you will
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First off sorry if I didn't see an answer to this question somewhere else. Anyone know if the devs have said whether the transmute of temp garbs will stay after the event. I didn't think this was a problem at the time because we technically lose the other garb we changed the appearance to. Where if you get the blue you don't have to sacrifice a thing. Kinda not cool if this was just a bad on them for letting it through to begin with. Honestly after the nightmare lock box fiasco this shouldn't even be an issue. I already spent zen/ad to dye the items.

Seriously, I made one version of the 2 garbs and then moved on... There is nothing worth in the summer festival... nothing... Herding Pigs/Chicken and killing trolls is fun a few times, then get boring...

In particular, if you are not an AoE class good luck ranking at the top in the Killing Trolls event... As a 16k GF with stone and 3 full T2 sets with rank 7 minimum everywhere, the best I could do was 3rd (since I have only 1 AoE and it doesn't match up against CW and DC)...

In other words, forget about it... it is boring the way it is designed.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Seriously, I made one version of the 2 garbs and then moved on... There is nothing worth in the summer festival... nothing... Herding Pigs/Chicken and killing trolls is fun a few times, then get boring...

In particular, if you are not an AoE class good luck ranking at the top in the Killing Trolls event... As a 16k GF with stone and 3 full T2 sets with rank 7 minimum everywhere, the best I could do was 3rd (since I have only 1 AoE and it doesn't match up against CW and DC)...

Simply enter the contest by killing anything, then go do something else. The reward from higher placing is not proportional to the effort. You get 15 flowers just for entering, I've gotten as many as 30 flowers for coming in third... Pointless, better off gathering the kobold guarded flowers.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Simply enter the contest by killing anything, then go do something else. The reward from higher placing is not proportional to the effort. You get 15 flowers just for entering, I've gotten as many as 30 flowers for coming in third... Pointless, better off gathering the kobold guarded flowers.

Exactly, now...I want (and already got) the pig companion. I want the Sunite garb (yeah, yeah, I know about the transmute, but if I did that I would feel annoyed whenever I looked at my inventory, so I want the "real" thing), and I want that water thingie...

Now, what I do (after finishing the daily) is just to constantly pick flowers, but during the special events, I go and herd one chicken or kill one troll - and then return to flower picking. This will give me 15 petals with minimal effort - spending 10 minutes to get 30 petals is just not worth the effort.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    picking flowers is the best and fastest way to earn petals for buying stuff. just think that you could craft 18 hours to receive 15 petals! the same can be done in 3-5 minutes by killing kobolds and gathering 12 flowers. the crafting also is very disappointed. the temp stuff should be removed and instead more real stuff should be implemented... but since bagspace is one of the biggest problem I doubt that lots of people want to carry more permanent fluff stuff with them anyway.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    word on the street is that the transmute item turns back to the original item after the time is up
    Ive not tried it personally because it feels dishonest to get an item free that others have to grind for
    The the prizes do seem to be propotionally low and you get an achievement for participating 10 times
    in each evet or 120 flowers.

I personally would have made a special badge for doing something special like
    herding the golden chicken
    Killing the Big trolls smorg and geena
    and killing one of every type of kobold

often doing these things actually cuts your efficiency
    unless you really know where the gold chicken spawns
    you can often get in 30 points of pigs in the time it takes to find her.
    and unless you have a big party the trolls take longer to kill than
    triple their full point value in lesser trolls.

btw I have placed silver and gold in troll event with non aoe classes.
    thank you very much. its just a matter of knowing your class.
    being in a relative empty zone helps too.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Exactly, now...I want (and already got) the pig companion. I want the Sunite garb (yeah, yeah, I know about the transmute, but if I did that I would feel annoyed whenever I looked at my inventory, so I want the "real" thing), and I want that water thingie...

Now, what I do (after finishing the daily) is just to constantly pick flowers, but during the special events, I go and herd one chicken or kill one troll - and then return to flower picking. This will give me 15 petals with minimal effort - spending 10 minutes to get 30 petals is just not worth the effort.

15 is for bronze, 30 is silver, you get 45 for gold. So it is worth it going for gold. 90 petals for two 12 minute events is pretty good.

And now that the initial rush has died. Its not hard to jump to a low populated instance and clean up on the events.
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    its just a matter of knowing your class.
    being in a relative empty zone helps too.

Indeed, know that if you lack AoE, go to an empty zone. :P
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    15 is for bronze, 30 is silver, you get 45 for gold. So it is worth it going for gold. 90 petals for two 12 minute events is pretty good.

And now that the initial rush has died. Its not hard to jump to a low populated instance and clean up on the events.

Well, I can sometimes do that for the trolls, yes - in particular with my GF - harder with my DC ... however, it is harder in case of the herding, because of the golden chicken luck factor...If you don't get the golden chicken, you are probably not going to end up #1.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Villain's Menace, Terrifying Impact, Lunging Strike, Frontline Surge, Enforced Threat. Oh, and Cleave. How do you only have one AoE again? That's the loadout I use on my GF and Lunging Strike is the only ability on that list that *isn't* an AoE. You can make first as a GF *if* you can nab packs first and get hits in. Sometimes, you're right, it's not possible, if there are CWs camping every spawn, but if there's any gap whatsoever it's doable even in a moderately busy instance.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Instead of chasing chickens, I just pick the corn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bloody corn pickers. (Shakes fist in the air) I cant count the number of times im leading the pack, personally responsible for delivering countless pigs to what will be a horrible slaughter. Only to have a corn picker drop off a massive bunch in the last minute of the contest and come out of no where for the win.

May all the little piggies that died in vain be on your conscience.

BTW Smoggy, love the sig Eric was always my favorite.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lhachmacar wrote: »
    Villain's Menace, Terrifying Impact, Lunging Strike, Frontline Surge, Enforced Threat. Oh, and Cleave. How do you only have one AoE again? That's the loadout I use on my GF and Lunging Strike is the only ability on that list that *isn't* an AoE. You can make first as a GF *if* you can nab packs first and get hits in. Sometimes, you're right, it's not possible, if there are CWs camping every spawn, but if there's any gap whatsoever it's doable even in a moderately busy instance.

Villain's Menace daily/Terrifying Impact = daily
    Lunging strike 1 target, frontline surge 1 target/debuff 3
    Enforced Threat (only true AoE)
    cleave ? Really,, that's what you call AoE?

What I do is time my power (like Lunging Strike) and hit when the troll is almost done.

CW do that and they get 5 kills at once...

After 2 runs, that's boring anyway...
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DC? My best is always last in the trolls. We can't do enough damage to get kills. I can sit there wailing on something and then one CW comes up and steals the kills leaving me with no credit.
  • mrclaydemrclayde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Personally, I don't see it as unintended. My reasoning is this: The temp items are bind on pickup - so you can't sell or trade them. The permanent pants actually don't cost that much more than the temporary ones, so the minimal discount in having something that provides no XP from crafting or benefit from wearing, doesn't seem logical unless it was intended to be usable in a more permanent sense. The low transmutation cost seems to have been set at an intentionally low price. Lastly, the ability to apply Zen-store dyes on an item that can disappear after only 8 hours seems like more of an oversight than this...

Yes, the temp items are BoP but the Peasant's Tunic are not. So you can transmute, sell AND trade them.

Now it is obvious that no one on their right mind would transmute the pants or the headwear, we are talking about the garb here.
    And the garb requires quite some farming to get.

But hey, you can just transmute your 5k peasants tunic on a temp garb, and it will become a PERMANENT Sunite garb with no effort, to use or give it away as you please.

Another fun fact:

The pig and the garb are going for almost the same price on the AH, but the pig requires a LOT more petals to get. Not to mention you can transmute the garb and get the skin for 0 petals.

Anyone guessing why?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Main reason I've seen for going after higher ranks in the contests is to get filigree and dye. Petals, thread, and cloth are all simple to get from flower picking.
    sockmunkey wrote: »

It's odd how the rewards for contest placement work, though. I got Silver in a contest in an instance with ~6 people, and ended up getting a single cloth & thread, plus a couple vegetables. Killed just two trolls in the last minute of a contest in a crowded zone? Copper rank, 4x filigree & dye plus a pile o' veggies.
  • jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Seriously? As a 15K GF I am first almost everytime I go out there. I have 4 AOE abilities. I tab pull every mob in the area, Cleave, Enforced Threat, Frontline Surge, then Villians Menace. Lunging strike and Threatening Rush to pick up strays. Enforced threat again, rinse and repeat. Jump on your mount, head out to the next area, then back to the other. If you can get the timing down, you can catch each side as they respawn for maximum numbers. If you can get the jump on the spawns, it's gold medal every time.
  • lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Villain's Menace daily/Terrifying Impact = daily
    Lunging strike 1 target, frontline surge 1 target/debuff 3
    Enforced Threat (only true AoE)
    cleave ? Really,, that's what you call AoE?

What I do is time my power (like Lunging Strike) and hit when the troll is almost done.

CW do that and they get 5 kills at once...

After 2 runs, that's boring anyway...

With much less gear than you, I generate enough AP to use a daily at least every other group. Frontline Surge can hit multiple targets and the column it generates is very generous. And yes, Cleave is useful for sustaining my AoE until either Enforced Threat or Frontline Surge come off cooldown, which is usually maybe 1-2 cycles at most if I'm spacing the abilities out properly.

Your main problem, though, is that you're targeting them when they're almost dead. Tagging alone doesn't count, you need to generate enough damage on a troll that you get credit. You want fresh packs, hit hard with as much AoE as you can generate, because those CWs do generate AoE damage faster than you. If you get initial hard hits in though, then them finishing off the mobs advances your score and you can keep pace with them or even surpass them in that way.
  • sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    Patch Notes:

Change Appearance: Temporary versions of Summer fashion items are no longer able to be transmuted over permanent items.

Bummer - I just wasted mats on the temp garb for nothing. :(
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lhachmacar wrote: »
    Your main problem, though, is that you're targeting them when they're almost dead. Tagging alone doesn't count, you need to generate enough damage on a troll that you get credit.
    Absolutely right, my wife and I ran some experiments when I was updating the wiki (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Hungry_Trolls). With 1 point solo trolls (Hungry) it gave the point to whichever of us did the most damage, even if only by a fraction, and 0 to the other. With 2 point solo trolls (Ravenous/Starving) it would give a 1/1 split as long as each of us scored at least a third of the damage. The messiest were the Gluttonous which while giving 5 points for a solo (or a duo kill were one person did little damage) usually gave only a grand total of 4 points to both of us (rather then 3/2 or 4/1) when damage was split between us more evenly.

So if a person can't routinely do at least 33% to the non-giant trolls (and 51% if its one of the small Hungry ones) then they should find a different batch of trolls.
  • ayarwenayarwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    Patch Notes:

Change Appearance: Temporary versions of Summer fashion items are no longer able to be transmuted over permanent items.

Bummer - I just wasted mats on the temp garb for nothing. :(

This is quite unfair as it was known to be allowed before. I had thrown away my peasant garb then spent AD to get more to change appearance to the temp summer garb once I got enough. Would really like it if they changed it back before the end of the event. I just wasted mats & now find summer fest useless except for...pig mount? Not really interested. :(