test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What will the new class be

joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am very excited about the new class that the perfect world staff are making i hope its a ranger is it a ranger does anyone know?

http://kingdomofatherithe.enjin.com/home
Post edited by joshuaw1946 on

Comments

• borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    well, hoping its not a ranger....even though rangers are cool and would make a nice addition to the game.

If you think it through, rangers have only 1 possible role for parties, and that is DPS. So to fullfil that role rangers would likelly have single target burst like TRs (since they cant be anything else by definition, that is a reasonable line of thought), but if a group can have a person sniping the boss with damage similar to a rogue, why would they pick a rogue who needs to be glued to the boss risking being killed?

That change could give some major blow to rogues on PVE and the ones who will survive this will likelly be the ones who already proved their worth on dungeons, the newer rogues will have problems finding groups unless its with guildies.

But thatsjust a guess though.
  • kzlskzls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope it's a bard! =)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kzls wrote: »
    I hope it's a bard! =)

If it is, I hope they have the ability to make monsters fight each other. Similar to the Barding Skill, Provocation in Ultima Online.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The game needs another leader. Clerics are the only class required now, the game needs another class who can heal, not as much as a a Cleric, but can do other things to make his team better: Buffs, Debuffs, Extra attacks, etc: Warlord, Bard, runepriest, artificer, Druid (Sentinel), Shaman, Ardent, are good examples.

For me the game needs a leader much more than any other class
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope it's not another dps class... ~~
  • mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013
    People been asking this in game a lot. My guess is the new class will either be Archer (because CW is the only ranged class currently) or eventually a Necromancer/Summoner class that summons minions to fight for them.
    Another Sword Wielder, Melee Rogue or Caster would just be a waste in my opinion as we have those already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope it's a cleric. We're still missing a good version of that class in game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bacon Friar

• thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe a gambler class, like Setzer from the FF series, with "coin toss" that uses AD or straight Zen to power up it's attacks.

Honestly I'm expecting a buffer or a pet class, totally broken and overpowered or just another surplus like gwf.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Though plans are always changing, back in closed beta days it was said the next class will be "Ranged Class" and I think is was strongly hinted at that it would be a Ranger.

Even though that may have been the plan, things change. But what a lot of people don;t realize is that a lot of this stuff is and has been created and just waiting in the wings for Cryptic to "release" them. Pictures of the pig companion, Leprechaun companion, Boar Mount, Stag Mount and Unicorn have been available since closed beta. Hell, in Closed Beta the Unicorn was available with Celestial Coins (or perhaps the other coin, whichever the permanent ones were).

It doesn't matter at this point. I figure you'll see the new class early October or November - just about the right time Cryptic decides they need a Media-Bizz Bump to drum-up new players and interest.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone said the new class will be Jedi.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Someone said the new class will be Jedi.

I said that months ago, but upon new information, it will be Bacon Friar.

• lucifer3205lucifer3205 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i heard the new class would be a ranger. i doubt they would be dps cause its a bow lol you cant shoot 100 shots in 1 minute with a bow lol j u st doesn't but it would be a burst prob could do decent damage if build like they should be arm pen, crit stri and stats would be suited like dex and cha. charisma for dodging since they're naturally a nature class that has to be agile and quick. and besides its a ranger anyways think about it all the classes have their own collection source :P like dungeoneering if i spelt that right haha anyways nature kits have no class for it naturally a ranger seems fitting doesn't it not
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From people doing datamining in the past they have said the next two class's would be Ranger, and Warlock. As there was gear already made for them in beta.(not sure which beta)

In my opinon a ranger is a ranged "Dps". Less then Rogues/TR's, with some utility abilities(small group/self heals/debuffs/dmg shield) and generally in most cases able to summon nature pets

The Warlock I would assume and really hope, that its a Pure Ranged DPS. We all know CW's do the most ranged dps in the game, but they arent considered a range dps by Cryptic. CW's could start using actual control abilities, and focus more on freezing/trapping/snaring/immoblizing, while the Warlock blows them the f!ck up. Would really make a good set up for an actual dungeon group imo.

Or. Everyone will start running 1 DC 4 Warlock combos I dunno, heh
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i heard the new class would be a ranger. i doubt they would be dps cause its a bow lol you cant shoot 100 shots in 1 minute with a bow lol j u st doesn't but it would be a burst prob could do decent damage if build like they should be arm pen, crit stri and stats would be suited like dex and cha. charisma for dodging since they're naturally a nature class that has to be agile and quick. and besides its a ranger anyways think about it all the classes have their own collection source :P like dungeoneering if i spelt that right haha anyways nature kits have no class for it naturally a ranger seems fitting doesn't it not
    Archer Rangers are DEX / WIS, this is D&D, being elfs usually the best archers.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • firexcapefirexcape Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hope its a gunner ..love to pew pew ppl with my gun :P
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2013
    I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks there WILL be a new class. Sure I'd love to see a ranger, but I doubt this company will get off its procrastinating butt and actually make this game into something worth playing. All I know, is that I will NOT be playing until there is a ranger and I'm beginning to doubt there ever will be.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    archsteel1 wrote: »
    All I know, is that I will NOT be playing

Can I have your stuff? =P
  • missaniteemissanitee Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2013
    Ranger all the way
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    we need an archer, and a dual weilding fighter!:P or a paladin
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Archer Ranger next, then Scourge Warlock.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you look at Cryptic's patterns you can make kind of a prediction beyond the Warlock and Ranger too.

Warrior Classes: Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter

Agile Classes: Trickster Rouge and Archer Ranger

Magic Classes: Control Wizard and Scourge Warlock

Holy Classes: Devoted Cleric and ??? (I'm guessing Paladin)

By this logic, I believe that Paladin will follow up after the Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • stormwillow2013stormwillow2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The game needs another leader. Clerics are the only class required now, the game needs another class who can heal, not as much as a a Cleric, but can do other things to make his team better: Buffs, Debuffs, Extra attacks, etc: Warlord, Bard, runepriest, artificer, Druid (Sentinel), Shaman, Ardent, are good examples.

For me the game needs a leader much more than any other class

Although I like the idea of a Ranger, the only real difference between a ranger and a fighter is it's ties to nature, hatreds and companion(of course this last one is already covered for anyone that want one, which to me is overly available and causes a lack of searching out a party when instead of meeting friends you can literally just make one >.< So the reason I quoted darthpotater, especially in a diety driven pray for astral diamonds and blessings type game is to point out the game is just -begging- for a Paladin type class aka most of the time a respected leader type.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    If you look at Cryptic's patterns you can make kind of a prediction beyond the Warlock and Ranger too.

Warrior Classes: Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter

Agile Classes: Trickster Rouge and Archer Ranger

Magic Classes: Control Wizard and Scourge Warlock

Holy Classes: Devoted Cleric and ??? (I'm guessing Paladin)

By this logic, I believe that Paladin will follow up after the Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock.

Makes sense to me. But will it be the Avenging Paladin or the Protecting Paladin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Would like to see a druid. Another leader class would be nice.
  • lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    paladin? we already have 2 defenders. I hope its not.
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2013
    I think Cryptic studio's is to lame and lazy to make another class.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think there's been some pictures of characters dressed like hoboes in the past, so druids could be on the way.